• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pakistani singer leaves music for Islam, actor abused for saying music ‘not completely haram’ in Islam!

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.opindia.com/2022/10/pak...lam-hamza-ali-abbasi-abused-music-not-haraam/

Pakistani singer Abdullah Qureshi took to Instagram on the 6th of October 2022 to announce that he had quit the music industry for Islam. He said in his post that he will only take campaigns henceforth that align with his religious values. Siddiqui [sic] wrote, “I know I’ve been lost since a long time and I have received a ton of messages in this time asking about where I have been. i was on a break, pressed the pause button for a while and took this time to find who I was, where I’m headed and who do I want to become.”…

“Alhamdulillah I’, satisfied with this decision and I’m on my way to find the real truth and I pray that Allah makes this new journey easy for me”, he said in his post. He further vowed only to do campaigns that fall within his “religious fold”….

After singer Abdullah Qureshi announced that he would be quitting the music industry for Islam, Pakistani actor Hamza Ali Abbasi took to Twitter to wish him well, but also assert that “music is not completely haraam in Islam”.

In his Twitter bio, Abbasi writes that he is an actor and a “student of Islam”, however, his assertions about what is haraam and what is not in Islam did not go down well with other Muslims. Abbasi was then abused and called out for being un-Islamic and discouraging someone who is taking the right step, as ordained by Islam.

One Twitter user wondered what is “totally haraam” and “little haraam” since it is haraam in Islam if it’s even 1% haraam.

There were many others who told Abbasi that he was not a Mufti and therefore, he should not pronounce judgements about what is haraam in Islam and what is not.

Abbasi was also accused of legitimising all “haraam things” by one Momina.

Others quoted verses of the Quran to prove Abbasi wrong.

According to website al-Islam.org, Music is haraam in Islam and this position is substantiated by several Quranic verses and Aayats.

Two of the verses that are quoted by the website are as follows:

“So abstain from the pollution of the idols and abstain from false vain words.” (22:30).

The Arabic word “Zoor” has several meanings which include falsehood and the musical expressions. According to Imam Ja’far As-Sadiq (a.s.) “pollution of the idols” means Chess and “Vain words” means music.
See how ‘Music’ has been joined in this Ayat with the pollution of idols”, only then you can appreciate the seriousness of the sin of Music.

“And of the people there is he who buys a ‘vain talk’ so that he may lead others astray from the path of Allah without (real) knowledge and takes it (the revelation of Allah) for a mockery for these shall be a disgracing chastisement (punishment).” (31:6).

‘Lahw’ means any thing which diverts the mind from serious thinking. “Vain talk” has been interpreted by the Imam as some talk, sound or thing which diverts the attention of man from the ultimate aim of his creation; in other words makes him forget Allah and His commands. For example fictions romantic stories and such useless talks. “It includes ‘Music’, intoxicants and all such diversions.”1

Imam Muhammad Baqir (a.s.) said: Music is among the things for which Allah has promised the Fire (of Hell). Then he recited the above Aya.