• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PA to be applauded for sticking to its policy

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
This one even more tok kong than our very own clinton666. :smile:

Letter from Yee Jun Xian 04:46 AM Sep 05, 2011

I COMMEND the People's Association for assiduously ensuring that the grassroots organisations will continue to work closely with the Government.

When I first saw the angry retorts to the PA's explanation on why Opposition Members of Parliament cannot be grassroots advisers, I was bemused and a little disturbed.

Now, I applaud the PA for sticking with its policy despite the public pressure. It has to carry out the important task of connecting people with the Government, a process that cannot be compromised by having Opposition MPs as advisers.

Writers write. Teachers teach. Opposition MPs oppose. The logic is simple and irrefutable.

Opposition MPs are meant to be an alternative voice, but that voice should be restricted to Parliament. Otherwise, they have no other duty and, indeed, cannot be trusted with any other duty.

Perhaps certain members of the public are offended that their MPs, simply because they are from the Opposition, are not allowed to be advisers and represent their interests in the PA. But these people will have to live with their vote at the recent General Election.

http://www.todayonline.com/Voices/EDC110905-0000202/PA-to-be-applauded-for-sticking-to-its-policy

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
This one even more tok kong than our very own clinton666. :smile:

Letter from Yee Jun Xian 04:46 AM Sep 05, 2011

I COMMEND the People's Association for assiduously ensuring that the grassroots organisations will continue to work closely with the Government.

When I first saw the angry retorts to the PA's explanation on why Opposition Members of Parliament cannot be grassroots advisers, I was bemused and a little disturbed.

Now, I applaud the PA for sticking with its policy despite the public pressure. It has to carry out the important task of connecting people with the Government, a process that cannot be compromised by having Opposition MPs as advisers.

Writers write. Teachers teach. Opposition MPs oppose. The logic is simple and irrefutable.

Opposition MPs are meant to be an alternative voice, but that voice should be restricted to Parliament. Otherwise, they have no other duty and, indeed, cannot be trusted with any other duty.

Perhaps certain members of the public are offended that their MPs, simply because they are from the Opposition, are not allowed to be advisers and represent their interests in the PA. But these people will have to live with their vote at the recent General Election.

If everyone thinks along such lines and adopt such an attitude then there's little hope the nation will stay united. There's no need to have ballot secrecy anymore. Oppositions are still citizens, they are not aliens for goodness sake.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. tau neh tan, so how?
2. lip service after all, nothing much can the whitehair do!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am pretty sure this Yee chap belongs to some RC, CCC or even PA. His comments merely reflect what a moron he is. Pity his parents.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that Yee Jun Xian can quali as a PAP extremist...

Opposition MPs oppose? Come on, if there are sensible policies, why shld they oppose? prolly they oppose there are such morons like Yee that exist on this surface of earth.

I am not a MP, but I will oppose loh...LOL