• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PA explains decision to name Laura Ong

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Frankly, I felt there is no need for PAP to waste our precious times listening to their explanation. Two years after election have opened the eyes of 60% to see PAP as can full of worms.

tyudm

Alfrescian
Loyal
The People’s Association (PA) has explained its decision to release the name of Ms Laura Ong to the media, amid growing criticisms of its decision.

PA deputy chairman Lim Swee Say said on Friday that the organisation deliberated at length on whether to identify Ms Ong as the woman involved in the Michael Palmer affair but ultimately felt they could not keep it under wraps.

KNNBCCB there was an intention to keep this a secret and it comes from none other than the Honorable chairman...phui...phui....

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
what a bunch of hypocrite??? They have no right to do that and not graceful in doing that.

That is other people's affair and it is non of their business at all.

There is some bullshit in the circles that planned up to sabo her to save their skin.

JesseVENTURA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks to me like a political distraction and to push the blame squarely on the girl Laura and do damage control for Palmer.
This PA really sucks, IMHO. :mad:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks to me like a political distraction and to push the blame squarely on the girl Laura and do damage control for Palmer.
This PA really sucks, IMHO. :mad:

The people who have the PAssion card suck too. Shame on them all, give money to such a bullshit organization.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is the personal affair of an employee. The employer has NO right to divulge details of her personal life. Did the affair take place during her employment hours?

Ong should sue the PA for infringing her privacy and bring disrepute to her. There are other cases of marital affairs involving top civil servants which the partners were not exposed by the employers.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hogwash. pa doesn't have the decision, power and rights to call out on her or any other protaganist they deem they can throw under the bus. the grapevine, a.k.a. internet, does. any so called decision published is already obsolete by the time it hits the msm. the power of instant info has shifted a long time ago. :rolleyes:

M

Mdm Tang

Gold Finger on the lose ? :(

Working in the PA is akin to working in the public service. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

No excuses, silly reasons like you cannot keep internal memos internal. What cock! Does that mean if we never had the internet, her identity would be covered up?

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just hope that LO is strong, CO too.

I find PA and PAP extremely appalling to name the woman Laura and then give hint about Cindy too.

Listen guys and gals, if a powerful and handsome man who is also your superior keep giving you mangoes and lovey dovey, with Monday meetings every week so you cannot get away from him, will you melt or not....I'm sure most women will.

This is finally a personal private matter for the woman and Palmer needs to be named since he's a PUBLIC FIGURE, but leave the woman alone lah.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The decision was made after discussions by a senior people led by Zorro. So it cannot be a decision that was made in haste. My sense is that the reason given does not seem right or appropriate. You do not simply reveal the name of a staff arising from a private matter of this sort.

I suspect that there is a different motive and it makes more sense to reveal the name and that it is the same treatment that was meted out to Tang Liang Hong. She was named to send a message to all her colleagues to behave themselves if not their names and that of the families would be dragged thru the m&d. Its a powerful way to bring about the desired beaviour.

Tang was a PAP cadre who went rogue and had to be punished. They destroyed his family and took away his house and his possession. PA staff are well looked after, annual trips, 8 months bonus etc. It basically blood money. The place is ridden with sisters, brother, relatives, friends even 3 generations of families. There is no meritocracy. It highly incestuous. It is to buy loyalty and obedience. These are not stupid people. Many are graduates holding good degrees yet they do things that a normal person who would consider wrong or immoral.

Anyone can recall the PA Malay girl who was a constituency director that sent out an official email to a group of grassroots leaders and PAP supporters to notify them of transport and meal arrangements to support the PAP backed candidate during elections. Imagine a graduate taking tax payers money as salary and yet doing something that many would consider as criminal. Naturally to allow them to sleep nights you arrange annual overseas trips in the guise of bonding sessions and retreat, pay good bonus etc.

Ask JBJ, LTK, CST etc if they ever went on an overseas bonding trips with any PA people?

Like Tang, Laura Ong drank from their cup of largesse and a price for bringing shame to PAP and PA has to be paid.

Sadly the release of her name backfired as Teo Ser Luck's got dragged thru the m&d. His photos with her made him look like an absolute clown. Imagine with this sort of behaviour he became a Minister of State. I have seen clerks, drivers , fast food service staff behave much better in an outing, than this moron.

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I have seen clerks, drivers , fast food service staff behave much better in an outing, than this moron.

bro,
clowning around during bonding sessions still forgivable, behaving like an toastmaster during 7th month getai in a GE rally really takes the cake :p:p:p

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, agree. Honestly this guy is not inspirational, not a role model and worse than scraping the bottom of the barrel.

bro,
clowning around during bonding sessions still forgivable, behaving like an toastmaster during 7th month getai in a GE rally really takes the cake :p:p:p