• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Owner for ksl d'esplanade residence

goldenbet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure for how much everyone here has brought the unit. Now it seems to be very high. Last thing i heard was that many Huttons agents formed a group and brought all remaining units. I call a few to check on rates. I was quoted 1.4 M for a 1500 sq.ft unit unfurnished and 1.5 M for the same unit fully furnished. He did not mention anything about GRR also. Buying at that rate would be very risky when there are units in city area for 600-700 per sq.ft.

mu2009

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All
I am on the gteed rental scheme, read the S&P, isn't the Maintenance fees supposed to be waived for 3 years? Why do we need to pay them now? I had to pay 4+1 plus Electricity deposit plus water deposit totalling about RM 2400. Any comments pls?

Hi, did u manage to find out how much KSL charges for the maintenance psf ?

LandRover28

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will try to share as much info. Call KSL, Bryan will be the guy to fix appt. Went thru' the itemised payment before collection of keys, satisfied with it. I'm on GRR, maintenance fees paid are for advance collection (after 3 years rental). Borang (property tax twice per year) Fire insurance are required. If mortgaged bank bought for you, can get back rebates.

LandRover28

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, their own hotel group is chasing KSL for the handing over of rooms to them so that they can rent it out. It's a 4 star hotel cum resort, hence need to maintain the std (my unit). We are given car park lots, insufficient car park lots around KSL. Besides the visual defects (cracks, slanted ..) bring along the SPA fifth schedule: itemised list of power its, telephone its etc... I shocked them by telling them that I want to see my car park lot. :smile:
Anyway, GRR starts from Aug 2013 to 2016.

kevshen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, their own hotel group is chasing KSL for the handing over of rooms to them so that they can rent it out. It's a 4 star hotel cum resort, hence need to maintain the std (my unit). We are given car park lots, insufficient car park lots around KSL. Besides the visual defects (cracks, slanted ..) bring along the SPA fifth schedule: itemised list of power its, telephone its etc... I shocked them by telling them that I want to see my car park lot. :smile:
Anyway, GRR starts from Aug 2013 to 2016.

I think we need them to write down the GRR starting date in black and white. some sales said from Aug 22, others said from 22 Sep. so at the end of day, which one is true?
If 3 years later, KSL tell us it's actually from the first day they rent out the unit, then really shit...

mu2009

Alfrescian
Loyal
My husband and I signed the s&p for a 2bedroom unit in Oct 2009. Only last thurs we received the invitation letter, & informing us to bring around rm2500 for payment. My sis-in-law and her husband too, received their letter last week. But her payment for a studio apartment was around rm3000! Wondering why so much difference...

Anyone managed to find out how much ksl charging for the maintenance /psf? Anyone signed its S&P in 2009? If it's 36 months, then ours are almost one year late!

LandRover28

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think we need them to write down the GRR starting date in black and white. some sales said from Aug 22, others said from 22 Sep. so at the end of day, which one is true?
If 3 years later, KSL tell us it's actually from the first day they rent out the unit, then really shit...

Just came back from KSL. CCC is 22 aug and GRR starts from sep 13. Furnitures are in but taps toilet seats aren't fixed. This is wat you do: when u use your voucher and stay in your unit, do a 100% check . You are a guest of the hotel and a owner. Demand the std as a guest and record it as a defect. effevtive 2 yrs from your take over date. They are to rectify it within 30 days when u report a defect.

LandRover28

Alfrescian
Loyal
I rejected to the management on signing the proxies for the annual AGM during the handover. I wld want to attend the AGM and veto any contentious issues and not pass my rights to the management/developer.
I pretty happy for wat I see for my unit. I will renovate my unit after the GRR.

Cautious: pool is not ready for swimming yet. The water is not tested yet.

ahhock24

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will try to share as much info. Call KSL, Bryan will be the guy to fix appt. Went thru' the itemised payment before collection of keys, satisfied with it. I'm on GRR, maintenance fees paid are for advance collection (after 3 years rental). Borang (property tax twice per year) Fire insurance are required. If mortgaged bank bought for you, can get back rebates.

Thks for sharing, i dun mind paying in advance the maintenance fee after GRR if it is stated clearly and money go to sinking fund eventually. Also if the unit is sold end of GRR, refund shld be applicable.

prettyinpink

Re 1 qns post above. The maintenence fee is based on apartment size. For my 2 BR I am paying RM200.
I got them to confirm in writing that the fees collected are for advance payment to bw used 3 yrs later.

Also, CCC and GRR should be the same according to the S&P? It was mentioned that KSL's rights to deal with our apartment on GRR scheme will be 36mths from CCC.....

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
View from KSL D'esplande 30+ floor. Able to see Singapore Marina Bay Sands in the background...

View from KSL D-esplanade.JPGView from KSL D-esplanade 2.JPG

allanckk

Alfrescian
Loyal
reading all these complaints made me very glad that I actually went to do the ground work before deciding not to buy from KSL.

after the cooling measures in SG kicked in, and aft hearing ppl telling me I should go to KSL for the massage, I made my way there one weekday afternoon.

The façade looked alright but everything changed aft entering the car park. There were some misdirections - on top of the arrows that led me to a dead end, I actually had to enter and exit the basement to access the upper floor parking. Then of course the poor finishing/condition of the car park was very telling. While it doesn't affect the residents and shoppers in a big way, it tells of the standards that the developer is willing to accept. And in KSL's case, the standard was very low.

Then the layout of the mall. So many push carts and small shops selling the same things. Food vendors sold mid to low quality food. unlike most Malaysians malls that are very spacious, KSL is relatively tight. Again, this tells me that the mall is poorly managed and that the owners are very money minded (not that making money is wrong but they failed to understand that to profit maximise, the cost/quality ration must be optimized. KSL was revenue maximize and cost minimise.

Those were the conclusions that I drew after visiting the mall. Even though they were still selling the condo, I didn't make any enquiry at all. Even though I was suppose to try the massage at KSL, I still drove to BI to get my fix that day. The aura at KSL just wasn't rite.

After reading the various posts here, I shared with my Malaysian fren abt this project. I told him that a unit with toilet bowls but no pipe was allowed to VP. He looked shocked! he is not a young chap like me who knows nuts abt Malaysia. This guy is an old man who grew up in MY. it seems that he, too, hasn't seen a condo without a function toilet and broken pipes being allowed to VP.

I hope KSL rectifies the units for you guys. I hope mine doesn't turn out like this 3 years from today.

hi guy,

you are right they will slowly realize what they plan and doing now is wrong slowly they will get impact. i'm the owner there but i felt their really money minded and management is then lousy compare to sp setia and those other developer my rating to them if is from 1 to 10 i'll give them not more then 4. bad bad bad...

allanckk

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi All,

can share with your experience during the inspection.?? i was shock when i saw my unit.. everything's is not ready ask me to go for inspection?? then stupid make me felt like we don't know what is called INSPECTION HANDOVER.. this is my whole life facing the most worse inspection process everything was not ready.. door lock not ready etc. basin, power point, tile, and a lot more don't know how to say... the most funny things was the supervisor was asking why come for the inspection when everything is not ready.. what the fxxxx your management ask me to come le... you think i know everything is not ready.. i felt their management is just anyhow give you an answer when you ask for it. i felt very dispointed of KSL serviced is shouldn't be so bad really cant believe it.

whneo

A friend whom I took there for makan and shopping loved the place, location and ready connection to CIQ so much that he booked a unit on-the-spot. After some frustrating delays, finally got to inspect our unit for defects on the same day. Standard ok but need some touch. We were most impressed with the big infinity pool and the gym overlooking it, 4 tiers security and the beautiful sunset over Danga Bay. I will inspect the place more thoroughly when I stayed there.