• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Overcoming a rough patch in life

SirRichard

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi, I just touched 50 this year and I’m currently in a rough patch in career. I was a Senior executive previously and drawing good income, 4 months ago I lost my job and I find job opportunities for my age are very few. I’ve not given up and will keep fighting to get out of this rut.

has anyone of you hit rock bottom in life and managed to bounced back up successfully. Can you please share some advice?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
hi, I just touched 50 this year and I’m currently in a rough patch in career. I was a Senior executive previously and drawing good income, 4 months ago I lost my job and I find job opportunities for my age are very few. I’ve not given up and will keep fighting to get out of this rut.

has anyone of you hit rock bottom in life and managed to bounced back up successfully. Can you please share some advice?

Uhmm it is a bad time now for everyone.

Hang in there.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

I do not say this in jest. If you can find the raw materials and someone who knows how to sew stuff you can make a ton of money from making something that just resembles a face mask. It does not even have to actually filter anything at all.

In the longer term I need to know what your financial position is overall ie assets vs liabilities and what you are good at.

SirRichard

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks Bro Sam for your suggestion.

skill wise, I would say is sales .

by the way , I can’t seem to delete another duplicate post I made. Can you help me delete it.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
thanks Bro Sam for your suggestion.

skill wise, I would say is sales .

by the way , I can’t seem to delete another duplicate post I made. Can you help me delete it.

When all this shit is over my proposal is to get a foot into a company by telling them that basic pay can be peanuts and base 95% on commission.

When they see how good you are you can then re negotiate the package.

When I first started web design I did the first few jobs FOC to start things off.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Join the funeral biz.... 1 billion babies boomers died every 1 min.

This pandemic cycle gap will resurface often, say 10 years cycle....

2. Control Demolition of of buildings....

3. Go into app dev biz...

4. Join politics for 2 terms 8 years u get pension funds fir life...

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
When all this shit is over my proposal is to get a foot into a company by telling them that basic pay can be peanuts and base 95% on commission.

When they see how good you are you can then re negotiate the package.

When I first started web design I did the first few jobs FOC to start things off.

I agree sam!

It was after I read Zig ziglar's book the secret of closing the sale that I learned everything is sales. Sales comes from the Norwegian world sel which means serve.

I remember I was doing A&E posting at that time. Focus on closing the sale. It meant me making patient happy giving them what they want and close the consult visit nicely.

If you can sell you will always have a job.

Tell the company only pay you commission. Who wont want such a staff? You literally earn your keep.

If you can do sales well you can also sign up with those MLM companies and start selling too.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal

KNN my uncle will say something people will think is siao so he won't spell out everything but this is what he will do if he is in this kind of situation KNN
1. Leemember this is a cruel world KNN
2. This thing only can do 1x swee swee DO NOT repeat it KNN
3. Forget about self dignity conscience sins etc when carrying out with reference to point 1 KNN

Last edited:

nightowl

Alfrescian
Loyal

It isn't the end of the world. When one door closes, another door will open. Keep your spirits high, think positive, avoid negative people.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you think about it, many biz will collapse.
Rent will come down. Airline lease will drop.low start up salaries.
It's also a good time to start. But not yet.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some ideas for you guy... if u are in law biz, take notes of events activities, consequence happened, then start a chapter of law title Pandemic Crime and Law.

As usual, use Clause 1 - xxx like building law BCA using codes and xxx.

If u are in other biz, can also take notes of whats happening to yr industry and work on the legal parts, delivery, managing and so on....

Next cycle of pandemic these structural specifications applies...

Tioboh, hope this helps...

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes still have but still manageable .. but cannot drag on for too long.

For you bro, hope it helps

infographic-mas-property-home-loan-instalment-defer-covid-1.jpg

cowbellc

Alfrescian
Loyal

This year 48
Been thru this. Can't say i bounce back tiptop condition but I'm good.
Kudos and Jiayou

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Learn how to day trade equity index futures. Don’t need to interact with anyone (most people are idiots anyway) and can earn good money (in bull, bear and sideway markets) without providing any goods or services other than market liquidity. What’s the catch? It requires lots of self disciple and objectivity.