• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Outcry of Kelong at Water Taxi Tender

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Mr Mah on water taxi tender: I do not get involved in operational matters[/h]=> Just like he bo hew SGs' housing problems and continued to collect his millions when he was $$$Million Minister?

PostDateIcon.png
August 2nd, 2012 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Editorial

watertaxi.png
Water Taxi

On 31 Jul, TR Emeritus (TRE) published an article from reader, Yaya Papaya, questioning another government tender (‘Duck Cries Foul – Another Government Tender to be Scrutinised?‘). The tender, called by URA, is for operating water taxi service along Singapore River and Marina Bay.
Ducktours, an incumbent, who lost the tender had announced that they would be exiting the Singapore River by Dec 2012. The tender was awarded to 2 new licensees: (i) Singapore River Cruise (the other incumbent operator) and (ii) a new joint venture between Global Yellow Pages Ltd and Leisure Empire Pte Ltd.

In particular, reader Yaya Papaya, asked if there is a potential conflict of interest given then Mr Mah is the Chairman of the Board of Global Yellow Pages Ltd and also the ex-MND Minister who might have access to confidential information before he stepped down as MND Minister:
“Questions have to be asked on whether Mr Mah’s involvement in this tender, which was called by URA in Dec 2011, may have come too soon after he stepped down from the helm of MND in May 2011. As the Minister overseeing URA, does he have access to sensitive or confidential information on the Marina Bay and even the tender, which will allow him to provide Global Yellow Pages an unfair advantage over the other tenderers?

This leads to another question, which is how soon can a departed senior government official such as a Minister be involved in a business dealing with his previous ministry without being implicated in any conflict of interest?”
Yaya Papaya also asked why extension was given to the tender:
“The next question that should be asked would be why URA had extended the closing date of the tender, given that they had not made changes to the tender specifications despite the extension period. However, if one does a check on the tenderers, one would discover that Leisure Empire, the joint venture partner of Global Yellow Pages, was only incorporated after the original closing date for this tender. With this discovery, one may wonder whether Global Yellow Pages and Mr Mah had a hand in the tender extension. If not, what were the reasons for the extension?
TR Emeritus then wrote to Mr Mah Bow Tan to seek his comment on the matter. Mr Mah has replied to say that he does not get involved in operational matters. We produce his reply in full below:
Date: Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 7:18 PM
Subject: Re: TRE Contact: Duck Cries Foul – Another Government Tender to be Scrutinised?
To: Richard <[email protected] >
Dear Richard
I suggest that these questions are best answered by URA. As for GYP, it is a commercial decision to tender. As Chairman, I do not get involved in operational matters. I wld expect that the company wld abide scrupulously by tender procedures. Hope this clarifies.
Join our TRE facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/TREmeritus

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
They accepted the bid with the lowest fare. So U mean from no on the government should accept one that offers the highest fare?

MBT stepped down as minister LAST YEAR. The tender for this project happpened THIS YEAR!!!! U mean MBT can time travel?

And reason for extension is simple. Duck Tours already claim in their complain that it is not doable. Obviously didn't managed to get anyone to bid that's why there is an extension.

And one with some form of common sense would have been able to deduce this simple answers

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is no doubt that the chairman does not get involved with operational matters but considering that the project is one that requires expertise that GYP does not already possess, would not the chairman's concurrence be sought before putting in the bid. To re-phrase the question, Mr Mah should state categorically whether he was informed of the bid before it was submitted and that the agreed/disagreed with the financials and that the shift in focus is in keeping with its strategic thrust.

Anyway, the market has spoken, with the stock price dropping significantly after the results were announced, any perceived advantages notwithstanding.

bugeyed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Date: Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 7:18 PM
Subject: Re: TRE Contact: Duck Cries Foul – Another Government Tender to be Scrutinised?
To: Richard <[email protected] >
Dear Richard
I suggest that these questions are best answered by URA. As for GYP, it is a commercial decision to tender. As Chairman, I do not get involved in operational matters. I wld expect that the company wld abide scrupulously by tender procedures. Hope this clarifies.
Join our TRE facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/TREmeritus

No pride at all...can't even bother to spell "would" in entirety!

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... As Chairman, I do not get involved in operational matters. I wld expect that the company wld abide scrupulously by tender procedures. Hope this clarifies ...
walan eh! ... chairman f**k care about tenders! ...

ya, man! ... evry mth collect moni can oredi! ...

wat he 4got 2 say is oni copy dat $8 scum burger n say evryting about dat tender is ok! ... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which head of a company, a chairman, does not get involved in one of the company's first tender for what seems to be a major project ? :eek:

What does MBT actually at the company?

What does MBT actually do at all?

What is MBT's attendance record at parliament since GE2011? :cool:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
They accepted the bid with the lowest fare. So U mean from no on the government should accept one that offers the highest fare?

MBT stepped down as minister LAST YEAR. The tender for this project happpened THIS YEAR!!!! U mean MBT can time travel?

And reason for extension is simple. Duck Tours already claim in their complain that it is not doable. Obviously didn't managed to get anyone to bid that's why there is an extension.

And one with some form of common sense would have been able to deduce this simple answers

TRE caught firing blanks once again. sigh......................