• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Our Red Berets Vs Others - Any Contest?

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I came across the commando training videos of the Malaysians and it was quite brutal and shocking. Curious as to what training our own commandos were doing, I was highly amused. It pales in comparison compared even to my own training when NS was in it's infancy under the Israelis.

The Malaysian GGK training video is pretty lengthy but 10 minutes into it is enough to tell us they do deserved to wear their green berets after completion.

Singapore:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The M'sian GKK video is well done, but training does not take just 3 months. You need a full year to become an operational member of the special forces. There is a lot of technical knowledge to be gained, not just brawn. Teamwork is also pivotal as lack of it could get everyone killed in a hot situation.

The US SEALs take over a year before they are deployed to the Teams, and after that, a further 12 to 18 months of advanced training before taking on their first mission. The time from boot camp to the first real-life mission could be as long as 3 years. Those assigned medical duties have to train for additional 18 months before earning their SEAL Trident.

Becoming a member of the special forces community in most militaries takes a hellauva lot longer than 3 months of basic training which was commonplace in world war 2 and the period shortly thereafter. Then, warfare was much less sophisticated and conventional. Nowadays wars are fought unconventionally way before they are fought conventionally.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Special Forces do not win wars nor battles. They just help shorten battles with surgical strike a key targets which disable the enemies' strike and intelligence capabilities. They however are also good for recruitment, anti-terrorism matters and to help keen gung-ho overzealous farmer mentality occupied.

Only the British have the habit of putting a cerebral chap as the Head of the Unit.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The M'sian GKK video is well done, but training does not take just 3 months. You need a full year to become an operational member of the special forces. There is a lot of technical knowledge to be gained, not just brawn. Teamwork is also pivotal as lack of it could get everyone killed in a hot situation.

I do understand a fair bit about the military having undergone some training myself. We cannot have NS men for this kind of job, but fully dedicated volunteers, real men not 18 year old boys.

The Indonesian Kompassus are seasoned soldiers in comparison and between the GGK and them, I think the Indonesians will prevail. These 2 nations are more afraid of each other and there are tensions and war of words between them. They share many borders, notably in Borneo Island. It may mean nothing, but Muslims are people that seemed hard to get along with each other.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Special Forces do not win wars nor battles. They just help shorten battles with surgical strike a key targets which disable the enemies' strike and intelligence capabilities. They however are also good for recruitment, anti-terrorism matters and to help keen gung-ho overzealous farmer mentality occupied.

Only the British have the habit of putting a cerebral chap as the Head of the Unit.

Can our boys do a Falklands incursions like the British commandos, i.e. drop into the enemy zone and disable their defence or call targets? Can they survive in the harsh tropical rainforest without any logistical support?

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
We have one distinct advantage our "technicals". Our Intelligence and Technical capability allows us to place our Special Forces at a distinct advantage. How they perform is another thing.

Anyway I can sort of guarantee you that at the first sign of trouble, the families and friends of the Elite will be the first to flee. When soldiers find out from their sons and daughters that their elite classmates are missing from class, I am not sure if the heart is going to be in the fight.

They can't even secure decent employment for their own citizens, I am not sure if they really care.

Can our boys do a Falklands incursions like the British commandos, i.e. drop into the enemy zone and disable their defence or call targets? Can they survive in the harsh tropical rainforest without any logistical support?

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
We have one distinct advantage our "technicals". Our Intelligence and Technical capability allows us to place our Special Forces at a distinct advantage. How they perform is another thing.

Anyway I can sort of guarantee you that at the first sign of trouble, the families and friends of the Elite will be the first to flee. When soldiers find out from their sons and daughters that their elite classmates are missing from class, I am not sure if the heart is going to be in the fight.

They can't even secure decent employment for their own citizens, I am not sure if they really care.

It makes sense that they will not use Gombak as their Command Centre, but board the Gulfstreams and conduct the battle whilst on their way to Ozzieland where the actual command centre will be situated.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I do understand a fair bit about the military having undergone some training myself. We cannot have NS men for this kind of job, but fully dedicated volunteers, real men not 18 year old boys.

The Indonesian Kompassus are seasoned soldiers in comparison and between the GGK and them, I think the Indonesians will prevail. These 2 nations are more afraid of each other and there are tensions and war of words between them. They share many borders, notably in Borneo Island. It may mean nothing, but Muslims are people that seemed hard to get along with each other.

The problem with our guys is lack of combat experience which must be built up over a long time and constantly incorporated into the training programmes. I trust that your assessment of the Indons is accurate. They seem to face far greater threats.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The problem with our guys is lack of combat experience which must be built up over a long time and constantly incorporated into the training programmes. I trust that your assessment of the Indons is accurate. They seem to face far greater threats.

The best solution to ensure we are untouchable is to purchase a few nuclear warheads from China or US. They will be on standby in their country of origin to be launched when we are in danger. These weapons will be our insurance. A few billions set aside each year payable to the host country will be a small price to pay.

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The best solution to ensure we are untouchable is to purchase a few nuclear warheads from China or US. They will be on standby in their country of origin to be launched when we are in danger. These weapons will be our insurance. A few billions set aside each year payable to the host country will be a small price to pay.

Too extreme lah with the nuclear warheads. We will suffer the nuclear repercussion if we nuke our neighbours.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Are you referring to the low training level of our SAF? I know some were good enough to be chosen for the rigorous US Navy SEAL training course.

Our red berets can easily crush the PST (Physical Standards Test) minimum requirements, and but hell week could pose a problem. Then there's pool comp in phase 2. I think as much as 20% of our red berets cannot survive BUD/S

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It makes sense that they will not use Gombak as their Command Centre, but board the Gulfstreams and conduct the battle whilst on their way to Ozzieland where the actual command centre will be situated.

not gulfstreams but something less glamorous. Still gets the job done if they can manage to sneak out