• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Our High Moral Leaders Dare to cut their pay to sacrifice for the nation?

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Anwar don't take a salary as PM and even ask his cabinet ministers to reduce their salaries.

This is the desire to serve the people and not aiming to receive million-ringgit salaries.

In general, I don't think that you have to pay top dollar to attract talented people :rolleyes:

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Image result for grace fu singapore mp pic

"When I made the decision to join politics in 2006, pay was not a key factor. Loss of privacy, public scrutiny on myself and my family and loss of personal time were. The disruption to my career was also an important consideration. I had some ground to believe that my family would not suffer a drastic change in the standard of living even though I experienced a drop in my income. So it is with this recent pay cut. If the balance is tilted further in the future, it will make it harder for any one considering political office."

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
China claimed that these video clips are deep fake and not real. They were created by USA CIA with malicious intent to harm China

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'd be grateful if our male leaders cut off their kukujiaos and the female leaders cut off their neh-neh-poks.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the west, their politicians earn much more from books they write after retirement. Or public speaking engagements.

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Anwar don't take a salary as PM and even ask his cabinet ministers to reduce their salaries.

This is the desire to serve the people and not aiming to receive million-ringgit salaries.

In general, I don't think that you have to pay top dollar to attract talented people :rolleyes:

You can attract talent with money but those who are attracted by compensation are always corruptible; and the more you pay them, the higher the cost of corruption. What a country needs are leaders who serve with genuine desire to help it's people.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
why our high moral leaders have frugal lifestyle, wear cheap casio watches but they refuse to cut their million dollars of pay?
some of them dont even have children and why do they need so much salary?
to hear them tell the story, it is a big sacrifice on their part to accept the million dollars to do their job/sleep in parliament that no one else will do because it is so tough and undesirable.