• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ops Manager/Crane Operator Couple - $260 PHole Worth $380k. U Believe?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Dec 7, 2008
MY SPACE
</TR><!-- headline one : start --><TR>Cosy home big enough for 7
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
ST_SUNTIMES_1_CURRENT_SPACE07.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

Madam Tan's children Mickel (left) and Yvar playing in the living room, her favourite part of the five-room flat. -- ST PHOTO: CHEW SENG KIM
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->Operations manager Yvonne Tan tells Debbie Yong how she wanted a cosy, clutter-free home for her family of seven to live in comfortably, and still have enough space to have friends over for dinner.
Yvonne Tan, 33

122 sq m five-room HDB flat in Hougang.
The operations manager lives with her husband, crane operator Maurice Chua, 33, their three children Mickel, five; Yvar, four; and Yvis, seven months, as well as Madam Tan's brother and his wife.
I love my home because...

It's very cosy yet spacious enough for a family of seven which includes three young children. Even when we entertain guests, which happens almost every other weekend, there's more than enough space for everyone to mingle.
There is also plenty of storage space, especially for the children's toys.
My decor theme is...

Contemporary. Modern designs are evergreen.
My favourite corner is...

The living room. It's an area where the family can enjoy watching television and chill out together. When we entertain guests, they naturally flock to the living room and spend the rest of the night there sipping wine.
I'm most proud of...

The master bedroom and our kit-chen. The master bedroom serves as our quiet sanctuary after a long day at work. The walk-in wardrobe that faces the master bathroom separates the sleeping area from the washroom nicely.
The bright red bathroom tiles wake one up in the morning while the dark tones in the bedroom keep the space restful.
Having heart-shaped prints on the wallpaper gives the bedroom a little more oomph and excitement.
Even after cooking up a storm for our guests, the kitchen is relatively easy to maintain. The clutter-free and clean design makes even looking for a toothpick an easy task.
Will I sell it?

Yes, when the price is right or when the kids are older and need more room for themselves.
[email protected]

<HR width="50%" SIZE=1>
MONEY MATTERS

Cost of home: $260,000
Cost of furnishings: $25,000
Cost of renovations: $65,000
Approximate value now: $350,000 to $380,000
<HR width="50%" SIZE=1>
STOMP PICK
Do you have a favourite space in your home? Send us a picture. We will consider it for publication in Stomp and The Sunday Times. MMS your pictures to 75557 or e-mail [email protected] with the key words

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
These days it is the women who bring in the bacon, my co also has an admin assitant earning abt $2k pm, but is a part time real estate agent, she made abt $50k in the last six months on top of her full time job salary, she just bought a Toyota Sienta for the family, husband also crane operator, driving the car now, he too must be feeling on top of the world as his last vehicle was a 20 year old panel van.

Moral of the story, hook a capable wife, then even crane operator can enjoy sipping wine at home life style.

sexfrenzy

Alfrescian
Loyal
what's this about crane operator getting a wife that brings in the bacon? Coincidence?

nothing surprising about 230k becoming 360k. Mine is a 4A 11 floor unit in Tampines. Bought in 2004 at 230k.. now 360k as well.. :cool:

kchunjeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
FYI.

Me stay in Executive apartment : 148 m2
Cost of purchase : S$184,000
Cost now : S$500,000
Me jobless, freelance food court cleaner

What do you think, better or worse ?

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
FYI.

Me stay in Executive apartment : 148 m2
Cost of purchase : S$184,000
Cost now : S$500,000
Me jobless, freelance food court cleaner

What do you think, better or worse ?

it's all relative you see...what's your cashflow situation?

kchunjeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Me "BMW", Bus, MRT, Walk.

Me do freelance work, any things, like foodcourt cleaner, driver, consultancy work , tuition, renovation, delivery man etc. not need to pay tax, but still get help from Town council.
Because me jobless status. hehehehe.

Me got 1/2 million cash in different banks, not under my name.
Me got 1/4 million in CPF. good for investment and pay for school fee for children.
Me got interest for extra income.
Me got dividend from public listed companies.

So.... what do you think of my cash flow ? Good ? worse ? I don't know.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what a overprice pigeon hole.
i will feel very sad to have to pay so much for sometime that last 99 yrs only.
after 20 yrs, the price will fall off a cliff after the great depression 2.

better to rent then own so much money to pap.