• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Opposition to Siew Kum Hong as NMP

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Perspective

I believe that we are confusing the issue here.

1. Firstly my position has been that the opposition cannot try to be whiter than white purer than pure when it comes to marketing its candidates against a PAP candidate. Thus my opposition to your statement that "morals and principles" are the only selling points the opposition has.

2. Second is the issue with "ambitious" "backstabbing" political wannabe's the opposition seems to attract in droves. I believe that "ambition" , "smart" " backstabbing" and "politician" are synomous and we should not expect politicians to be anything less than true to their real nature.

3. The question is not whether one can recruit a "saint" a hard working opposition candidate who is willing to work for the greater good but is not ambitious or less than ambitious and willing to sacrifice , but rather a case of managing and being able to manage the ambitious , the smart and the driven ones.

4. I believe that the smart ones are driven, are ambitious and are willing to be used by any opposition party just as much as the party is using them. The question is one of management of that bunch of over inflated whiny egos or a opposition culture which only seeks docile people who are grateful for being given "cadres". I have never ever seen a "happy brand of brothers" in any developed democracy but rather more a consistent case of managed over priced egos.

Like I said, stick to the old theories and expect a PAP dominance. I wonder who's not thinking out of the box, really.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
nice one and quite true...:smile:
It's time to "be aware". Join a political party and stand for election. If not, please "shut up and sit down". NMP scheme is a compartmentalised game of playing "inclusive". That's why we have a beauty queen, union queen, social queen, etc. This boh moh just doesn't fit in. He has become boh yong because there is going to be a lesbo queen, a real one.