• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Opposition Fighters Counted Down to 2009

one2unite

Alfrescian
Loyal
It tells us that there is at least some opposition unity. And that is encouraging.

More than that. It tells us that there is unity among genuine opposition, NGOs and activists. Only the PAP surrogates for obvious reasons were absent.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
martial arts should be in MARTIAL ARTS corner. c n p over and out:biggrin:

At Speakers Corner, my toy was kept in a zipper bag strapped to my shoulder.

I played with it at Kerata Ayer CC's stage, which is actually not considered as part of the Speaker Corner. But the activists could see me from where they were. The CC had organized regularly Wu-Shu (武术) exercises & competitions at that stage. One event this year was claimed to have 1000 Wu-Shu people taking part stated in the huge banner they hanged on that stage.

Because of the event on NY eve, I wasn't willing to buy this broad sword, and I purchased actually only the zipper bag for @S$25, to keep my other swords which I got at home, after that I left that shop (2nd floor) & went downstairs. A while later, I changed my mind, and went back to shop to buy this new toy :-) because I don't want to have to return there again on a later day. I consider that I already have a proper zipper bag to hide the weapon, I didn't have to carry it wrapped in news paper into Speakers Corner to frighten the people there. :eek::p:rolleyes:

That's why our friends thought that I was carrying musical instruments. :wink:

Later, when people were eating, I did not eat because I want to lose weight. So I walked over to CC side to exercise with my new toy. :cool:

A little similar with 刀标油 logo :-) one of my new Wu-Shu toy. 30 inches blade and 11 inches of handle. Resting on top of my sofa.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Correction for Uncle Yap. Andrew has resigned from the WP. The reference to "one other" must be referring to me, as I didn't see any other WP member around. However, I was there in my personal capacity and I didn't take up the offer to make a speech. I'm just part of the audience. :wink:

Andrew Loh resigned from WP? Since when?

When I 1st met him he was yet a member of WP, then later he joined formally. This is the 1st time I hear that he had resigned.:confused:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

When I 1st met him he was yet a member of WP, then later he joined formally. This is the 1st time I hear that he had resigned.:confused:

Andrew resigned around April 2008, mostly cause his work in TOC taking up more and more of his time.

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Andrew Loh is no longer a WP member. Even when he was, he is a just a nobody.

Ramseth ? Who's that ?

So in summary, NO WP leaders attended the event though one kuching kurap came in his "personal capacity".

Mr. Andrew Loh & one other.

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your news really up to date.

When you first met Andrew, was he a PAP member ?

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's a lame excuse. Being unemployed, he has all the time in the world to be a sleeping WP member while working on TOC.

The real reason why he resigned from WP is to deflect criticism that TOC is a WP/PAP project.

Andrew resigned around April 2008, mostly cause his work in TOC taking up more and more of his time.