• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Opposition-bashing in "Opposition unity" forum

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

From his postings, language, rhetoric, heck isn't it clear. its the SDP above all else.
Locke

Well that clearly explains why PAP will never shut down the SDP despite getting judgement. It will continue to serve as a mousetrap and its a live one and there are always events, activities and their website is always busy.

The supporters rhetoric will focus on opposition while the Chees focus on old man, human rights, constitutional guarantees and topics that have little bearing to the average voter.

Notice the party is allowed to collect donations and host events in hotels.

Never seen anyone that has been manipulated and comprehensively outmanoveured as this lot. Reminds me of the enemy throwing back grenades whose timing mechanism has not be understood by a foot soldier.

jw5

Loyal
Exactly,you shld still vote for these pple even if they are all screwballs (scroobal -pardon the pun). The grand idea is to cut the PAPvotes. No matter what the PAP wants you to fear that there will be a freak election, high chances are an Opp grand victory win will not come about. What is likely to happen is if you do as you shld do, the margins of PAP wins in each GRC/ward will be narrower. That is shock therapy for the PAP. They can't stand that! So they will still have that majority number of seats in Parliament and still rule, but there will be more Opp who can walk in as NCMPs, and the PAP will be humiliated. These NCMPs will then have a chance at last to prove themselves until the next election.
And the most important thing is that for self preservation purposes, each individual mp will work for the people and make the citizens' interests as top priority.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well that clearly explains why PAP will never shut down the SDP despite getting judgement. It will continue to serve as a mousetrap and its a live one and there are always events, activities and their website is always busy.

what mousetrap? when did SDP set out to trap the PAP apologist?? its the PAP apologist they are trap by their own PAP mindset. they PAP apologists have to blame themselves for that. who ask them PAP apologists to trap themselves in the PAP mindset??

The supporters rhetoric will focus on opposition while the Chees focus on old man, human rights, constitutional guarantees and topics that have little bearing to the average voter.
little bearing? matter regarding employment, that falls under human rights too. Lee Kuan Yew is PAP, and PAP is Lee Kuan Yew. Singapore's many problem the root cause of it is the PAP and LKY.

so why is it little bearing to the average voter?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
suppose CJK is really NGEJAY in another clone, then everything shall be clear as deduced by god meng seng:smile:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, can I just appeal to you for the sake of this country's future alonf these lines

1) Lets not get into petty squabbles about which opposition party likes to wear yellow coloured or pink coloured underwear. Or even if an underwear is ever worn. These have no relevance with the mission at hand of moving towards a multi-party system.

2) Lets focus on reducing the numbers of PAP seats to aleast force them to be responsive and receptive to the public and stop the widening gaps between elite and the rest.

3) Give anyone who is prepared to stand against the PAP a fighting chance to prove herself or himself.

4) Lets not be childish and keep labelling people who you do not like as pro-pap. Do not cut off your nose to spite your face. You fall into the PAP's trap by continuing to condem all opposition parties that are eligible to contest the elections. You know that the PAP likes it because they get to retain their seats intact.

We want our Opposition party MPs to get into Parliament first. During the campaigning, sure there will be a cacophony and lots of posturing to air their respective Party platforms and stands. But I do believe that once they are in, these will perforce give way inevitably to more convergence; during Parliamentary debates, the parliamentary agenda should consume their focused energies and will compel them to focus their attacks and converge on the govt. This will reinforce each other's flanks against the might of all these other PAP MPs, who will no doubt charge like well-trained attack dogs. With more voices in Parliament, Ministers will not be so easily let off. That is why LHL said he has to spend much time fixing the Opposition - by this I take it that he meant (in the best interpretation) that he has to expend more time and trouble shouting down their outcries!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP apologetics fall under human rights too. :biggrin:

what mousetrap? when did SDP set out to trap the PAP apologist?? its the PAP apologist they are trap by their own PAP mindset. they PAP apologists have to blame themselves for that. who ask them PAP apologists to trap themselves in the PAP mindset??

little bearing? matter regarding employment, that falls under human rights too. Lee Kuan Yew is PAP, and PAP is Lee Kuan Yew. Singapore's many problem the root cause of it is the PAP and LKY.

so why is it little bearing to the average voter?

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
We want our Opposition party MPs to get into Parliament first. During the campaigning, sure there will be a cacophony and lots of posturing to air their respective Party platforms and stands. But I do believe that once they are in, these will perforce give way inevitably to more convergence; during Parliamentary debates, the parliamentary agenda should consume their focused energies and will compel them to focus their attacks and converge on the govt. This will reinforce each other's flanks against the might of all these other PAP MPs, who will no doubt charge like well-trained attack dogs. With more voices in Parliament, Ministers will not be so easily let off. That is why LHL said he has to spend much time fixing the Opposition - by this I take it that he meant (in the best interpretation) that he has to expend more time and trouble shouting down their outcries!

Low Thia Khiang if he cannot answer a simple question by LHL whether he wish for wong kan seng to resign or not, dont tell me other PAP apologist would leap into action when they get into parliament?? come on.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
suppose CJK is really NGEJAY in another clone, then everything shall be clear as deduced by god meng seng:smile:

please. your english standard is good. u should notice my poor grasp of english as compare with ngejay's english standard.

Last edited:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
"All opposition parties need only be clear of the fact that they exist to challenge the ruling party, not to give them a passing grade." - Ex-WP candidate Chia Ti Lik, bashing his ex-party's ex-SG (again). Low gave PAP a "passing grade" some time back.

Chia Ti Lik the most experienced politician in Singapore being ex-PAP and ex-WP.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
it wont work. u get screwballs PAP apologist to check on PAP, that would not move thing forward. its a setback for Singapore political system. its inertia for our political progress.

I say: let's just be so many flies,mosquitoes, fleas, and hornets that will be let loose upon those PAP mongrel dogs, and a pox on the house of PAP!

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Low Thia Khiang if he cannot answer a simple question by LHL whether he wish for wong kan seng to resign or not, dont tell me other PAP apologist would leap into action when they get into parliament?? come on.

I think he actually had a hearing problem, really. I read from the Enquirer that he admitted it during an interview. He couldnt hear the lower frequencies.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal

the question from pinky was spiked with booby traps. if ltk couldn't see that, he would have joined the league of chee soon juan or the late JBJ.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find this all very funny. We all know from the last GE, 66.6% voted PAP and 33.4% voted Opp. Why are Opp supporters fighting among themselves for that 33.4%, however distributed among all Opp parties still guarantees a sure lose. Shouldn't Opp supporters be going after that 66.6%?

I scanned through the list of posts and found this to be the most logical.

Eminently rational.

Now, if only they proceed to find ways to convince that 66.6% to vote for them.

If they want to proceed singly, then do it singly. If jointly, then jointly. But pursue this 66.6% instead of fighting amongst yourselves.

I have my doubts that all of these 66.6% are hardcore PAP supporters.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I say: let's just be so many flies,mosquitoes, fleas, and hornets that will be let loose upon those PAP mongrel dogs, and a pox on the house of PAP!

i agree. i concur that. wholeheartedly.

but are the PAP apologists, are they flies, mosquitoes, and hornets which will harass the PAP mongrel dogs? or are they the PAP's dog accessories such as rubber dog teethers???

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I scanned through the list of posts and found this to be the most logical.

Eminently rational.

Now, if only they proceed to find ways to convince that 66.6% to vote for them.

If they want to proceed singly, then do it singly. If jointly, then jointly. But pursue this 66.6% instead of fighting amongst yourselves.

I have my doubts that all of these 66.6% are hardcore PAP supporters.

Oppo supporters fighting with the PAP apologists is not really fighting among the Oppositions.