• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Online users express anger towards Chan Chun Sing over his remarks of calling people “idiots” and “disgraceful”

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu is impressed by Lianhua Primary School's Gamelan ensemble. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing

Yesterday at 08:53 ·
How do you practise as an ensemble if you cannot play together, and the instruments cannot be brought home?
During the #COVID19 period when CCAs had to be conducted online, Lianhua Primary School’s Gamelan ensemble was not fazed. No instruments? No problem. Bins, sticks, containers, maracas… students made do with any alternatives that they could rustle up at home to practise their beats and hone their sense of rhythm.
CCA teacher-in-charge Mdm Siti Nuraini shared that while it was challenging for the ensemble during that period, she saw many instances of student initiative and family support. “It was difficult for the students to hear each other while playing on Zoom. But they showed up, did their best, and their families also supported by recording videos and sending them to the instructor for feedback.”
Fast forward to now, and the ensemble had 25 confident little musicians performing in front of a live audience for the Singapore Youth Festival - SYF Arts Presentation, with this being the first time performing on stage for many of the members.
“I think it is a once in a lifetime experience to be representing my school in SYF. It was nerve-wracking just before my friends and I entered the Concert Hall for our performance, but when we finished, I felt so happy. Our hard work all paid off when I heard the audience clapping so loudly!” shared Primary 6 student Nur Al’Darwisyah.
#ourschoolstories

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu looks forward to students becoming teachers. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing added 7 new photos.​

13 hrs ·
“What do you want to be when you grow up?”
“A Chinese teacher!” “A Math teacher!” “A Chinese AND Math teacher!” Almost half of the students I chatted with at Kranji Primary School aspire to be teachers.
This is testament to the great impact the teachers and school initiatives have on them. For example, an after-school programme enables students to pursue diverse interests such as gardening, baking and even learning to perform a circus skill. Through this, P5 student Nanushkah honed her skills and interest in balloon sculpting. She even ran up to me after my visit to give me a butterfly balloon she made!
As recipients of the care, love and dedication shown by their own teachers, these students wish to pay it forward – by becoming teachers themselves
1f60a.png

1659536335587.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu enjoyed welcoming His Royal Highness Prince Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah, Crown Prince and Senior Minister at the Prime Minister’s Office, Brunei, his wife Crown Princess Sarah, and their accompanying delegation to Victoria School Singapore and Victoria Hall. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing

Yesterday at 18:26 ·
Enjoyed welcoming His Royal Highness Prince Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah, Crown Prince and Senior Minister at the Prime Minister’s Office, Brunei, his wife Crown Princess Sarah, and their accompanying delegation to Victoria School Singapore and Victoria Hall this morning.
Crown Prince Billah is in Singapore for the 8th annual Singapore-Brunei Young Leaders' Programme (YLP), which Singapore is hosting.
During the visit, we observed a biology experiment, and visited the school's Eco-garden. At Victoria Hall, Possaweekrish, a Sec 3 student from Thailand, shared his experiences as an international student in Singapore.
To commemorate the visit, the school presented a painting of the façade of Victoria School to Crown Prince Billah, done by the very talented Damien Soon, Sec 2 student on Ministry of Education, Singapore’s Art Elective Programme (AEP).
With the gradual resumption of travel, I am glad that we are once again able to have in-person exchanges with close friends like Brunei. Our two countries
1f1f8_1f1ec.png
1f1e7_1f1f3.png
have much to learn from each other, and I look forward to furthering our cooperation in education and beyond.

1659627335692.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu went on a tour. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing added 6 new photos.​

4 August at 16:25 ·
Nurturing a Community of Inclusiveness – the spirit of MINDS Fernvale Gardens School was keenly felt during my visit this morning.
Keith guided me on a tour of the new INFINITE@FGS, a space which allows students to acquire, practise and refine their vocational and soft skills. I was treated to an energetic dance performance by student dancers and a beautiful recital delivered by Hayden, Najm and Farid
1f929.png
Was glad to see students working together, tapping on one another’s strengths and gifts to achieve their goals
1f604.png

Even as parents/caregivers focus on caring for their children, it is important that they have time away from caregiving to prioritise self-care. We hope that the opening of the second Raintree SSCC at MINDS FGS will provide respite for more caregivers of children with special needs.
Ministry of Education, Singapore will continue to work with partners, employers, caregivers and the community to support persons with special needs. Together, we can be a more inclusive society that fully embraces those with different needs and gifts.
[
1f4f8.png
: MINDS Fernvale Gardens School]

1659793943672.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu thanks scholarship and award recipients. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing added 4 new photos.​

5 August at 09:03 ·
To the recipients of the 2022 Teaching Scholarship and Awards — welcome to Ministry of Education, Singapore!
The world is rapidly changing, and our teachers will need to face the challenges to come, and help inspire our students to achieve their fullest potential.
Yet, as the next generation of teachers enter this new, bewildering world, you can be assured that you are not alone. Each and every one of us in MOE and our partnering stakeholders will be here, to support you in your journey to inspire our students, and nurture #LifeLongLearning .
It is my hope that each and every member of the teaching fraternity will grow and subsequently bring to the table their unique strengths and skillsets, so that together as a team, we can take our education system forward into the new world.
I thank all the scholarship and award recipients for stepping forward to serve. All the best in your journey ahead!

1659881810101.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu believes strongly in leaving a place better than he found it. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing added 8 new photos.​

5 August at 20:18 ·
Leave a place better than when you found it — I believe strongly in this and am glad to see students embracing this at Edgefield Primary School.
When speaking with the students, many said they greatly enjoy the facilities their school offers. The library is one of their favourite spots. The basketball court, edible garden, and indoor sports hall are other spaces which allows them to explore their interests.
Nurun and Faith showed me a stevia plant that is grown in the edible garden, and I was happy to plant a guava tree there. Rithvik shared the school's food waste composting system at the canteen. The library, run by Ms Eunice Tan for the past 20 years, is extensively decorated and follows a theme every month. Thanks to her diligence and creativity, the library has helped to make reading enjoyable and convenient for the students.
It was clear that these school spaces are lovingly maintained and cared for by the school so that they only get better over the years.
Leaving my guava tree in the students’ good hands and green thumbs
1f44d_1f3fb.png
Looking forward to see it again the next time I visit Edgefield Primary — better than when I left it!
1f604.png

#ourschoolstories