• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Online users express anger towards Chan Chun Sing over his remarks of calling people “idiots” and “disgraceful”

jw5

Loyal
Hope CCS is enjoying his MOE posting

I think he does and he also enjoys Fatherhood. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing

20 mins·

Happy Father’s Day!
Am still learning…to be by their sides always; and to uplift them when the going gets tough. CCS

1624159950703.png

jw5

Loyal
Kee chiu telling stories, what's new?

Chan Chun Sing

7 mins·

Have you made plans for the final week of school holidays?
The Singapore Youth Festival - SYF team at Ministry of Education, Singapore has organised a myriad of arts activities for students this June – do try them out!
In the spirit of #lifelonglearning, I took a stab at the visual storytelling activity. Sharing a short story of Ms Wong Kae Chee, whom I met during my regular block visits in My Buona Vista.
Inviting migrant workers to dinner has become a practice for Ms Wong, who regularly hosts cleaners in her precinct. Her most recent dinner took place last Saturday. Though Ms Wong couldn’t meet more of them personally due to safe distancing measures, with the help of friends and ex-schoolmates, she prepared extra food for those who visited to bring back for their friends.
Such stories of solidarity, resilience and connection remind us that during these tough times, it is important to continue celebrating the extraordinary actions by those in our midst. It is truly heart-warming to know that there are many like Ms Wong who look out for others around them. CCS

#SGTogether
#syf2021
#syfgoesonline

1624257626899.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu became a Getai singer for the nite.

Chan Chun Sing

Yesterday at 02:30·

Enjoyed my evening with the lively hosts 王雷 and 刘玲玲 at the e-Getai 《歌台欢乐夜》. Due to #COVID-19, many of us might be staying home on a weekend evening, and for those who were watching the live broadcast last evening, I hope you enjoyed the show.
Let us all remain vigilant and continue doing our part in the fight against COVID-19. This includes getting vaccinated if we are medically eligible, and adhering to safe management measures to keep our loved ones and community safe. CCS
对抗疫情,人人有责。在此鼓励大家继续保持警惕,尽早接种疫苗,并且在外出的时候记得戴口罩和保持安全距离。
学校开学之际,教育部将着重于“三安”—— 学生安康、学校安全、家长安心。希望家长们与我们配合,共同保障孩子们的安全。
大家可通过以下链接观看《歌台欢乐夜》。
For those who might want to watch a replay of the show, you can do so via this link:
https://www.facebook.com/lexswatchlivechannel/videos/3114573598772448/

1624331402079.png

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Keechiu became a Getai singer for the nite.

Chan Chun Sing

Yesterday at 02:30·

Enjoyed my evening with the lively hosts 王雷 and 刘玲玲 at the e-Getai 《歌台欢乐夜》. Due to #COVID-19, many of us might be staying home on a weekend evening, and for those who were watching the live broadcast last evening, I hope you enjoyed the show.
Let us all remain vigilant and continue doing our part in the fight against COVID-19. This includes getting vaccinated if we are medically eligible, and adhering to safe management measures to keep our loved ones and community safe. CCS
对抗疫情,人人有责。在此鼓励大家继续保持警惕,尽早接种疫苗,并且在外出的时候记得戴口罩和保持安全距离。
学校开学之际,教育部将着重于“三安”—— 学生安康、学校安全、家长安心。希望家长们与我们配合,共同保障孩子们的安全。
大家可通过以下链接观看《歌台欢乐夜》。
For those who might want to watch a replay of the show, you can do so via this link:
https://www.facebook.com/lexswatchlivechannel/videos/3114573598772448/

View attachment 114296

This 'getai' show on tv is nothing more than a platform for the govt to disseminate its propaganda to the elderly Chinese folks. :wink:

jw5

Loyal
This 'getai' show on tv is nothing more than a platform for the govt to disseminate its propaganda to the elderly Chinese folks. :wink:

Well you don't expect the PAP to try and engage these old folks via facebook or twitter right? They have to find a communication method which will appeal to them.

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu is sooooooooooo nurturing and encouraging.

Chan Chun Sing

17 hrs·

As adults, we are seldom in the position of novices attempting to learn a new skill. And yet, the joy and wonderment of mastering something new can be enjoyed at any age.
At the 12th Global Education Leadership Conference at Anglo-Chinese Junior College today, I encouraged school leaders and educators to
— Rediscover their innate sense of curiosity by opening themselves to experiences beyond the classrooms and schools
— Find innovative ways to foster greater connectivity between our schools and the world, even as #COVID19 inhibits physical travel
— Move fast and be nimble in adapting to change, but stay rooted in our unique core values as Singaporeans.
Enjoyed hearing from them on how we can work together to embrace diversity in learning, and embed the spirit of #LifelongLearning in our schools. For when our educators believe, our children will too. CCS

1624418531667.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu very happy to be Education Ministar. No pressure.

Chan Chun Sing added 2 new photos to the album G20 Education Ministers’ Meeting.​

12 hrs·

Pleasure to meet our counterparts today at the G20 Education Ministers’ Meeting, at the invitation of the 2021 Italian G20 presidency.
The G20 education agenda this year focuses on two important areas in light of the pandemic - to address educational poverty and inequality, and accelerate positive change in our education system. Happy to share with the international gathering our experience in Singapore.
Transformation in education started prior to Covid-19. The pandemic has simply accelerated the trend to adopt educational technology at a much greater scale. In a Covid world, blended learning will be a key feature of our education experience.
To some, technology may be viewed as a challenge. But to us, it is actually an opportunity to uplift many of our people. The pandemic has strengthened our determination to prepare every student, especially those with less resources, with the tools and capability to thrive in a far more digital future. Technology is also an avenue for us to continue to stay connected with one another across the globe, in a time of limited international travel.
We strongly believe that schools should be kept open as far as possible. The schooling experience remains crucial for our children to learn and grow together. The best way to ensure education continuity is to keep our students and teachers safe from Covid-19. This is why we have prioritised their vaccination. CCS

1624420735168.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu requires students to wear masks for exams.

Chan Chun Sing

14 hrs·

As we prepare our students for the gradual re-opening of schools, their welfare and safety remains Ministry of Education, Singapore’s top priority. Following consultation with school leaders and education experts and careful deliberation, we will be undertaking the following measures, to balance our students’ holistic learning needs with safeguards against #COVID19:
- In accordance with Ministry of Health, Singapore’s guidelines, candidates and oral examiners will be required to wear surgical masks during the upcoming PSLE and GCE Oral examinations
- Common Last Topics (CLT will be removed from PSLE 2021.
- In-person CCA will resume from 12 July for secondary schools, JCs/Millenia Institute; CCA for primary schools will resume in the 5th week of Term 3
We hope that these measures will give our students and their parents greater peace of mind. To our graduating cohorts: all the best in the preparation for your exams. Do remember to pace yourself and take the time for family, friends and other enjoyable pursuits in the upcoming months as well. CCS
More info on the announcements can be found here:
https://www.moe.gov.sg/…/20210623-updates-to-the-2021-natio…

1624494970207.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu promotes self test kits.

Chan Chun Sing added 3 new photos to the album Distribution of ART self-test kits.​

Yesterday at 00:49·

Some residents I met this morning told me that whilst they were concerned about the Covid-19 clusters, they were determined to go about their daily lives, through vigilance and taking care of their personal hygiene.
I thanked our colleagues and volunteers who were helping to distribute antigen rapid test (ART) self-test kits to residents of some blocks in the Bukit Merah and Redhill area. Residents who are eligible will be able to collect the kits from their nearest Residents' Committee (RC) centre from today.
Through the self-test kits, we can have another layer of ring-fencing to help identify cases and prevent further transmission in the community. At the same time, our national vaccination exercise is in full swing to better protect our people. Volunteers are still hard at work to help more seniors get vaccinated, as we can only have greater peace of mind when they are well taken care of.
We are only safe when everyone is safe. Keep well, and thank you everyone! CCS

1624806657581.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu sees new perspectives.

Chan Chun Sing

Yesterday at 17:42·

When we pause for a moment to reflect, we often see new perspectives amidst the familiar.
My Buona Vista resident Ms Chong Dan Chyi shared with me these beautiful photos taken from the kitchen window of her home at Commonwealth Crescent. She said that spending more time at home over the past year enabled her to discover and appreciate “new things”.
How pensive. How true.
Wishing everyone a happy Sunday!
[Photos from Ms Chong Dan Chyi]

1624859583038.png