• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Online job portals diverting ads to other countries?

B Man

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently, i have posted some ads online in JobStreet and JobsDB for techies. I was intending to hire locals to fill the position.

However strangely, what I received was a tonne of applications from India (> 200plus), very little from Singapore or any other countries. I got a little suspicious of why this is so.

I called them up and demanded why this was the case and they replied that "changed something in their system" and lo behold, suddenly I get all the job applications from locals.. So what it means is locals are not on any priority..

I am starting to wonder if their system was setup to route all apps to India firstly coz they probably can charge the Indians who want to come over? Sort of a profit split between the internet job portals and the job firms in India? Or is it some Indian software engineer in there manipulating the codes to give first dibs to their ah-neh?

Anyone noticed this trend?

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just post no dogs & "ah nehs" need apply...that will solve the problem & SINgaporeans must be patriotic..

PrinceCharming

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another tip. In addition to your ads, you might wish to pose some questions that ONLY Sinkies can answer, such as:

1. What is LHL's favorite color?
2. What is the family name of the tyrant?
3. What is LHL favorite food?

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another tip. In addition to your ads, you might wish to pose some questions that ONLY Sinkies can answer, such as:

1. What is LHL's favorite color?
2. What is the family name of the tyrant?
3. What is LHL favorite food?

Good idea.

You can also add this one.

4. What is KNNBCCB?

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I suggest you post the name of that company who put up your ad to other countries first up.. to let ppl know what kid of assholes these ppl are.

They are supporting the frigging pappies in potraying sg ppl as not wanting "certain" jobs.. while they "doctor" ads so that foreigner s get first priority.

Retribution has a way of catching up with ppl.. this I believe.