• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

One of Singapore's most advanced submarines declared battle-ready

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya hor, factory used to be at hillview area next to the Castrol factory.

many many years ago,
i work at energizer battery at tuas.
we were developing the next generation of long life battery..the blue label/packaging we saw now.
at that times, already most workers were from china.
that time, the production line were not 100% full auto
some steps requires you to carry heavy trays of batteries, unload heavy trays of batteries
need to deal with the waste chemicals, black substance found in the cell
life was very hard ,pay was $1000,kena bully,kena order north south west east
everyday went home ,body smell sour and reduced to skinny
stay there for 9 mths

thank i had been through these hard life...

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
many many years ago,
i work at energizer battery at tuas.
we were developing the next generation of long life battery..the blue label/packaging we saw now.
at that times, already most workers were from china.
that time, the production line were not 100% full auto
some steps requires you to carry heavy trays of batteries, unload heavy trays of batteries
life was hard ,pay was $1000
everyday went home ,body smell sour and reduced to skinny

Since you work in battery market before just curious always wanted to ask this, it seems that the Japanese are quite strong on the market for battery too right? I mean we see brands like Sony, Panasonic and even Sanyo how do the Japanese batteries hold up against Energizer which I believe is American brand. Just curious la. By the way I don't know why but I always look for Sanyo, like the brand for battery and aircon.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
batteries?
i heard some submerge for at long as 6 mths without popping up?
batteries can last that long without charging?

Six months submerge can only be nuclear boat. But no way can human operate a sub six months underwater as the sub not enough storage space to store supplies. Even USN nuclear attack boats and boomers go on 3 months cruise only.

Diesel batteries cannot last more than a few days even with unnecessary components switch off. Seamen can died of carbon dioxide poisoning with boat lose all power.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since you work in battery market before just curious always wanted to ask this, it seems that the Japanese are quite strong on the market for battery too right? I mean we see brands like Sony, Panasonic and even Sanyo how do the Japanese batteries hold up against Energizer which I believe is American brand. Just curious la. By the way I don't know why but I always look for Sanyo, like the brand for battery and aircon.

first mth i work in the battery factory,i asked my senior this: why do you all keep testing and throwing away this sample battery,isnt you all got the formula already?
his reply is simple, all your battery competitor are upgrading, you special,no need to upgrade?

ok, japanese battery also got their niche market.
they are cheap and reliable
is like toyota is cheap and reliable
merc is exp,reliable,plus other A* factors

fyi, if there enerizer battery casue leak and damge your devices like mp3, they are very gentleman to repair or replace your damage item

Last edited:

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Six months submerge can only be nuclear boat. But no way can human operate a sub six months underwater as the sub not enough storage space to store supplies. Even USN nuclear attack boats and boomers go on 3 months cruise only.

Diesel batteries cannot last more than a few days even with unnecessary components switch off. Seamen can died of carbon dioxide poisoning with boat lose all power.

what happen when they decided they no longer want to submerge and want to float up,but devices failed.
they are trapped underwater.
is there some sort of emerency escape door where they can abadon their ship?
will they died instantly of pressure difference?

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
first mth i work in the battery factory,i asked my senior this: why do you all keep testing and throwing away this sample battery,isnt you all got the formula already?
his reply is simple, all your battery competitor are upgrading, you special,no need to upgrade?

ok, japanese battery also got their niche market.
they are cheap and reliable
is like toyota is cheap and reliable
merc is exp,reliable,plus other A* factors

fyi, if there enerizer battery casue leak and damge your devices like mp3, they are very gentleman to repair or replace your damage item

Bigger leak at Bhopal they never do anything leh....

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
a bloody waste of money............makes no sense when you're so tiny and damn almost surrounded by M'sia.............

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what is bhopal? paypal?

Engerizer own by union carbinate. The company factory at bhopal india had a chemical leak ard 20plus years ago and caused many deaths and polluted the town. Many child were born deform or had cancer. The company refuse to compensate the town folks.

I tot the factory at gul way. I worked at couple of months at the QC lab. They pay $1200 for fresh o level grad but i quit because the journey from hougang was too great. That time no ah tiong, mostly local and msian. Meal was subsidied by company, i think was $1.50 a meal and the malay food was better than chinese food.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what happen when they decided they no longer want to submerge and want to float up,but devices failed.
they are trapped underwater.
is there some sort of emerency escape door where they can abadon their ship?
will they died instantly of pressure difference?

There suppose to have emergency air tank to blow water out of the ballest tank to resurface. If all else fail, the sub will sink to the bottom. Most sub are designed for at least a couple thousand feet submerge and have emergency escape sphere attached but capacity enough for 10 percent of the crew. As long not too deep, rescure can be done as long the air supply hold out. There an instance british and us navy sending their rescure vessels to help a russian sub in the far east ard 10years ago.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
355CFAF3-208F-4490-8368-5F9D18A60BE3.jpg

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Engerizer own by union carbinate. The company factory at bhopal india had a chemical leak ard 20plus years ago and caused many deaths and polluted the town. Many child were born deform or had cancer. The company refuse to compensate the town folks.

I tot the factory at gul way. I worked at couple of months at the QC lab. They pay $1200 for fresh o level grad but i quit because the journey from hougang was too great. That time no ah tiong, mostly local and msian. Meal was subsidied by company, i think was $1.50 a meal and the malay food was better than chinese food.

1)yes at gul way
2)qc lab?is it the kim hua team,lim cai hong...something
3)malay food was indeed better than chinese food
4)more malaysian than local
5)ah tiong is at the battery filling line..
you wont find them at qc
that time i was tasked all different tasks..so manage to go all different department to see see

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
There suppose to have emergency air tank to blow water out of the ballest tank to resurface. If all else fail, the sub will sink to the bottom. Most sub are designed for at least a couple thousand feet submerge and have emergency escape sphere attached but capacity enough for 10 percent of the crew. As long not too deep, rescure can be done as long the air supply hold out. There an instance british and us navy sending their rescure vessels to help a russian sub in the far east ard 10years ago.

if really sink to the rock bottom,
is the vessel able to send radiowave(like black box) to the rescue team on ground level?

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was at engerizer at early 90s not sure it same time as u. Those day dont even have prc pdmm so i doubt it same time as u.

I dunno other navies but us navy have emergency buoy that can be detach from the sub and will transmit encrypted message to the fleet hq for hq to know of its location. So when rescure vessel/sub found the stricken sub, they can communicate with each other via a glower phone. No sure how it work but need electricity to work. All else fail, use morse code by hitting the metallic surface with a hammer. Sound travel very good thru water.