• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

One Nation under Lee: banned documentary

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Updated..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DUBKs1DCqaE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

leetahbah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree, excellent video. The narrator's English is also excellent, if the narrator's English is bad or Singlish, I would probably not watch the video completely. The good English will reached out a wider audience including those overseas NGO.

The music at the start of the video is a turn off, I would have quit the video if it is something else. Maybe appeal to some people but not me, The music used by SDP in their videos is much better and more suited for a documentary.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
The video was excellent until they started to talk about civil disobedience.

That was when it fell apart.

I put up the video because it said "Banned in Singapore documentary", so it was like cocking a nose at the PAP. Let's see how far they can ban it when it's here.

TFBH, Agree there with you. Thematically, the foregoing parts were ok. When the civil disobed thing came along, it was just too prescriptive and not even subtle. It's as if civil disobedience is the only tool in the box. As the saying went, to a hammer, everything is a nail.

Somebody else shld do a sequel, covering AIMgate, the White paper etc. and give it a new title: A Nation Mismanaged.

Last edited:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After the last GE, we have seen too many bloopers and blunders coming from PAP camp. It is time to remake the movie called "ONE CUNTRY UNDER PAP".

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Martin Luther King: "Academic freedom would not be a reality today if it had not been for Socrates' willingness to practice civil disobedience and in our own history there is nothing that expresses massive civil disobedience more than the Boston Tea Party and yet we give this to our young people and our students as a part of the great tradition of our nation. So I think we are in good company when we break unjust laws and I think those who are willing to do it and accept the penalty are those who are part of the saving of the nation."

[video=youtube;jBkgdGIBv00]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBkgdGIBv00[/video]

Last edited: