• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

One more Indian speaks..........PAP lingo that is.....

Communist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Home > ST Forum > Online Story
Integrating new citizens and PRs a more pressing concern

I REFER to Wednesday's report, 'NMP urges Singapore: Let's stick to Pledge principles'. Although I agree to some of Mr Viswa Sadasivan's views and call, Singapore should focus more on how to integrate new Singaporeans and permanent residents (PRs) into society rather than call for patriotism among native-born Singaporeans.

New Singaporeans and PRs must understand the depth and fundamentals of native-born Singaporeans and how they have contributed to Singapore to make it what it is now. This group should never let the Singapore banner down.

Mr Viswa and I were colleagues on the Remaking Singapore Committee, a group initiated by the Government in 2004. We discussed the issue then, but I feel that after five years, the topic of patriotism is surfacing again.

In the past five years, Singapore has undergone tremendous change in the area of national development. The skyline has changed, urbanisation has improved, new Singaporeans and PRs have arrived, new foreign companies have set up base here and the People's Action Party has taken the mantle again with a better majority.

It is a totally new Singapore after five years. We did it without emphasising patriotism or knowing the National Pledge by heart. It comes naturally as Singaporeans are known to be hardworking and united as one nation. It is in the blood of each Singaporean.

As reported, migration to another country does not make one less patriotic. For instance, an Indian or Chinese national who has migrated to Singapore for greener pastures is not less Indian or Chinese. In fact, he is still patriotic. When a Singaporean goes overseas, he is still Singaporean at heart.

Joshua Selvakumar

t123

Alfrescian
Loyal
The few times I feel patriotic is when I go into JB and use sub standard toilets. But thinking back, some toilets here which wants you to pay 10 cents still sub standard.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
As reported, migration to another country does not make one less patriotic. For instance, an Indian or Chinese national who has migrated to Singapore for greener pastures is not less Indian or Chinese. In fact, he is still patriotic. When a Singaporean goes overseas, he is still Singaporean at heart.

This cheebye FT is saying new citizens are still patriotic to their birth countries

He wants to redefine "patriotism" to get away with the issue.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
this type of keling asshole FT is exactly the type that would fuck prostitutes, yet at the same time claim that while fucking he is thinking of his wife.. so nothing wrong..

keling tongue-twister.. what is new:cool: