• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

One for you Raiders

Yi Dao

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Not all China women chase S'pore men

20120813.124414_denglamei.jpg

The New Paper
Tuesday, Aug 14, 2012

Who: Deng La Mei, 44

Job: Study mama

Came to S'pore: March last year

Do I belong?

I did my homework when we (she and her husband) decided to send our son, 16, to study here. He's in Secondary 2 now.

I heard of how Singaporean women are wary of or don't like Chinese study mamas because they have wrecked many happy homes.

At first, people give me "the look" when I say I'm a study mama - it's like saying, "Yes, we know what you are up to."

But after more than a year here, I feel it's okay.

Singaporeans, in general, are not hostile, you just have to take the effort and be sincere in how you treat people.

I just want the best for my son so he can have a good future.

Singapore offers a good platform for education and with the right foundation, I'm more confident of my child's well-being.

I don't think it's fair to tar us all with one brush.

But not every Chinese woman is after a Singaporean man or husband.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FlfAOSYOs4E?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>