• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

On a teacher's suicide: three things we need to talk about

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
spare the rod and spoil the child.

Give teachers the right to smack these brats from young and you'll see the society change within a generation.

So uncle was right to have slapped Amos outside court, for it taught him valuable life lessons?

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
So uncle was right to have slapped Amos outside court, for it taught him valuable life lessons?

Uncle was right, Ah Kong was also right to use ISD act on tos who opposed him. Witout the ISD act, we wud not hve Temples, Mosques snd Churches to worship our religion. We be singing some shit Communist anthem.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

三岁看八十,七岁定终身。
Our Amos cookie is 16! My only question is what were his parents doing when the boy was growing up as a toddler?!

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
complaint only but do nothing to ease the pain of your kids. VTO PAP you can see change and only if you give it a try.

RIP.

I used to complain about my son and daughter's school hours. They leave home everyday by 630am and often reach home around 7pm. It's basically 12 hours work day, just like many adults. It then dawned upon me that if the students are spending so many hours in school, then so are the teachers. My kids still have homework and revision to do after they reach home in the evening. So, they are kept occupied daily from 630am till about 11pm or later each school day. I guess it should be the same for the teachers, who need to mark homework in the evening. My son at RJC tells me that he sees some of his tutors and school teachers leave RJC campus after 7pm, and they still have to bring home homework to mark.

Not easy being a Singapore school teacher.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
complaint only but do nothing to ease the pain of your kids. VTO PAP you can see change and only if you give it a try.

You still haven't learnt. It is simply easier to join them and make the best of the system. Instead of complaining and screaming to VTO, I get my son and daughter to study hard, do well and rise to the top of the food chain. I expect my kids to get top PSC scholarships. Even if cannot get President Scholar, at least get an expensive government scholarship. That will make up for all the stress they had to go through, and secure a smooth future for them. If my kids don't want a future in the government service and leave after their bond, at least they got to study abroad in good university for free and earn good money for 4-5 years.

Think smart!