• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

omg!! Bed Bugs on Our Public Buses!

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://voices.todayonline.com/letter/EDC090114-0000001/bed_bugs_on_bus.html

Bed bugs on bus

11:55 AM January 14, 2009
Letter from Cheah Boon Loon
IN JANUARY last year, I travelled on SMRT’s bus Service 61. After the bus ride, I experienced extreme itchiness in my mid-torso and I noticed a series of insect bites. I assumed it was some allergy and paid no attention to it, but minutes later, another series of extremely itchy insect bites started to appear around my chest.
In the end I caught a tiny insect which I later confirmed was the nymph of a bed bug. I had to seek medical advice as apparently I am allergic to bed bug bites and the bites swelled up considerably.
I submitted my feedback to SMRT informing them of the infestation on that bus and requested they clean out the bus to eliminate the bed bugs. The customer relations officer informed me that the bus would be scheduled “back to the depot for a thorough check on its cleanliness”.
Aware that bed bug infestations can occur on seemingly clean places, I told the officer that merely scheduling the bus back was unacceptable as many more passengers could have travelled on the bus before it returned to the depot, and meanwhile the infestation could spread. I was brushed off and they insisted on keeping the bus in service until it was due back for cleaning.
On Dec 17, I again experienced a series of bed bug bites on my neck after travelling on SMRT bus Service 853. This time, it was an adult bed bug (see attached picture) that was the culprit.
Again I informed SMRT of the bed bug infestation, making reference to the earlier complaint. There was no response to my latest feedback from SMRT.
On Dec 22, I decided to escalate the matter by writing to the Public Transport Council (PTC). Kudos to PTC for replying to my feedback on Dec 24, urging SMRT to take relevant actions. However, to date — more than half a month later — I have yet to get any response from SMRT.
The impression I got from this public transport service provider is that customer feedback is not taken very seriously.
Bed bug infestations can be a nightmare to control. In some countries, if a customer suffers bed bug bites from a service rendered (such as in hotels or on public transport), the service provider will be held liable and open to legal action, and the necessary hotel room or vehicle will be taken out of service to ensure infestation does not spread.
Why does SMRT condone waiting for its “cleaning schedule” to be met and risk more passengers falling victim to these pests?

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
the importer are the foreign workers

Not only foreign workers. The expats are also bringing them in with their furniture.

The problem is with the gahmen who opened the flood gates not only to foreigners but their accompanying bugs and diseases as well. Health precautions were thrown to the wind. If not for the economic downturn slowing down the inflow of foreigners, I would not be surprised if we could soon be faced with another life threatening disease, perhaps even more deadly than SARS. :mad:

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
20qmmwj.jpg

AvalanCh3

Alfrescian
Loyal
they are busy makin profits both bus belong to sbs. call them kill pest later will claim back from u in form is fare hike. looks like i have to becareful when i am taking bus.

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ai yah, the bed buds were to force to migrate to the public transport bcos there's no more blood to be sucked from the foreign workers. They had all been suck dry by the singapore employers. By the way b4 the influx of foreign workers, there were bed bugs in our schools and army camps too

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://voices.todayonline.com/letter/EDC090114-0000001/bed_bugs_on_bus.html

Bed bugs on bus

11:55 AM January 14, 2009
Letter from Cheah Boon Loon
IN JANUARY last year, I travelled on SMRT’s bus Service 61. After the bus ride, I experienced extreme itchiness in my mid-torso and I noticed a series of insect bites. I assumed it was some allergy and paid no attention to it, but minutes later, another series of extremely itchy insect bites started to appear around my chest.
In the end I caught a tiny insect which I later confirmed was the nymph of a bed bug. I had to seek medical advice as apparently I am allergic to bed bug bites and the bites swelled up considerably.
I submitted my feedback to SMRT informing them of the infestation on that bus and requested they clean out the bus to eliminate the bed bugs. The customer relations officer informed me that the bus would be scheduled “back to the depot for a thorough check on its cleanliness”.
Aware that bed bug infestations can occur on seemingly clean places, I told the officer that merely scheduling the bus back was unacceptable as many more passengers could have travelled on the bus before it returned to the depot, and meanwhile the infestation could spread. I was brushed off and they insisted on keeping the bus in service until it was due back for cleaning.
On Dec 17, I again experienced a series of bed bug bites on my neck after travelling on SMRT bus Service 853. This time, it was an adult bed bug (see attached picture) that was the culprit.
Again I informed SMRT of the bed bug infestation, making reference to the earlier complaint. There was no response to my latest feedback from SMRT.
On Dec 22, I decided to escalate the matter by writing to the Public Transport Council (PTC). Kudos to PTC for replying to my feedback on Dec 24, urging SMRT to take relevant actions. However, to date — more than half a month later — I have yet to get any response from SMRT.
The impression I got from this public transport service provider is that customer feedback is not taken very seriously.
Bed bug infestations can be a nightmare to control. In some countries, if a customer suffers bed bug bites from a service rendered (such as in hotels or on public transport), the service provider will be held liable and open to legal action, and the necessary hotel room or vehicle will be taken out of service to ensure infestation does not spread.
Why does SMRT condone waiting for its “cleaning schedule” to be met and risk more passengers falling victim to these pests?

PAPist: You could take taxi if u don't like the service of the bus company.