• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Olympic Scandals

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
China Olympic ceremony star mimed
By Michael Bristow
BBC News, Beijing
_44916643_girls.jpg

Yang Peiyi (L) had the perfect voice, but Lin Miaoke had the perfect face
A pretty girl who won national fame after singing at the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games was only miming.

Wearing a red dress and pigtails, Lin Miaoke charmed a worldwide audience with a rendition of "Ode to the Motherland".

But the singer was Yang Peiyi, who was not allowed to appear because she is not as "flawless" as nine-year-old Lin.

The show's musical director said Lin was used because it was in the best interests of the country.

The revelation follows news that a fireworks display used during the opening ceremony was apparently faked.

'Smiling angel'

Speaking on Beijing Radio station, musical director Chen Qigang said the organisers needed a girl with both a good image and a good voice.

Cannot play media. Sorry, this media is not available in your territory.

Lin Miaoke performs at the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games

They faced a dilemma because although Lin was prettier, seven-year-old Yang had the better voice, Mr Chen said.

"After several tests, we decided to put Lin Miaoke on the live picture, while using Yang Peiyi's voice," he told the radio station.

"The reason for this is that we must put our country's interest first," he added.

"The girl appearing on the picture must be flawless in terms of her facial expression and the great feeling she can give to people."

Singer Lin, who is being called the "smiling angel", has already become a media celebrity because of her performance.

She told state-run China Daily that she felt "beautiful" in the red dress she wore during the performance.

Her dad told the newspaper that she already had fans all over the country.

According to Chinese news reports, Yang said she did not regret the decision, saying she was satisfied to have had her voice featured in the opening ceremony.

This is the second "fake" story about the opening ceremony

Viewers around the world saw a display in which 29 firework "footprints" travelled across Beijing from south to north.

But a senior official from the Beijing organising committee (Bocog) confirmed on Tuesday that footage of the display had been produced before the big night.

This was provided to broadcasters for "convenience and theatrical effects", according to Wang Wei, Bocog's executive vice-president.

"Because of poor visibility, some previously recorded footage may have been used," he told a daily press conference.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Dun depend on computer which run windows.

http://rivercoolcool.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!D6F05428A2B8CB48!1570.entry

奥运会开幕式上的Windows蓝屏

Aug 11 Notes:

Hey guys, the following photos were taken at the openning ceremony of Beijing 2008 Olympics Games. I was sitting in Sector H, Tier 3, Aisle 534 of the National Stadium (the Bird's Nest), and the blue screen was on the right position above my head, more than 10 meters away. You can check the Exif info of each photo to see the shooting time.

In the begining I didn't recognize it as a blue screen because it rotated to a 90º angle and was somewhat far. It stayed there from the middle of the ceremony process to the end, lasting more than one hour since I noticed it. Even now I'm wondering why those on-the-scene operators didn't handle the crashed computer and left the blue screen displayed for such a long time.

More interesting is that when the man (Li Ning) who finally lit the main torch got down from the air, he passed by this blue screen! Maybe someone near my position (Sector H, Tier 3) had shot a picture which contains the torch, the Li Ning and the blue screen at the same time. So ask your friends to check his/her photos taken at the ceremony :smile:

y1pyi-UE4nm-8sv_K40ObuLDX8s1a-Ob10qSRfqmcFuxmyfYv-5_lE-GR2RIxwJsRFtixndrVa57vQ

can anyone see what was the error code?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Olympics opening had fake fireworks footage for TV
Stuff.co.nz | Tuesday, 12 August 2008
Email a Friend | Printable View | Have Your Say
Organisers of the Beijing Olympics' opening ceremony have admitted they faked 55 seconds of a fireworks display for television coverage.
Reuters

SEEING IS BELIEVING?: Organisers of the Beijing Olympics' opening ceremony have admitted they faked 55 seconds of a fireworks display for television coverage.
Related Links
Subscribe to Archivestuff
Have your say

Giant pyrotechnic footprints that marched across the sky in the countdown to the Bejing Olympics opening ceremony were faked for video coverage.

According to The Beijing Times what people inside the stadium and watching on television saw were computer graphics of the footprints inserted into coverage.

Gao Xiaolong, the head of the opening ceremony visual effects team, said it had taken almost a year to create the 55-second sequence.

Actual fireworks could be seen outside the stadium but it was logistically impossible to film them by helicopter, so the decision was made to recreate the effect digitally.

The last foot print was visible from inside the stadium and was captured on film.

Mr Gao said the animators had gone to the extent of getting weather information so as to recreate the night time smog conditions and camera shake was added to simulate filming from a helicopter.

"Seeing how it worked out, it was still a bit too bright compared to the actual fireworks," he said.

"But most of the audience thought it was filmed live - so that was mission accomplished."

g-080811-cvr-footprint-10a.h2.jpg

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
China Olympic ceremony star mimed
By Michael Bristow
BBC News, Beijing
_44916643_girls.jpg

Yang Peiyi (L) had the perfect voice, but Lin Miaoke had the perfect face
A pretty girl who won national fame after singing at the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games was only miming.

"But most of the audience thought it was filmed live - so that was mission accomplished."

g-080811-cvr-footprint-10a.h2.jpg

Damned. That nation fakes EVERYTHING!:mad: It's not restricted to DVDs and LV bags.:biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is not healthy for the kid, especially the one who hide behind and sing. She might feel inferior of her looks when she grows up. That is emotional hurt.

The one on the stage will think that it is ok to cheat since the country do that. Terrible. That is why i say China is still 3rd world. Face value is top pirority even without dignity.

tissk

Alfrescian
Loyal
now I know why not to put Yang Peiyi on stage. I think her teeth not that perfect. Lin Miaoke had the perfect face.

remember it is world wide telecast

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
now I know why not to put Yang Peiyi on stage. I think her teeth not that perfect. Lin Miaoke had the perfect face.

remember it is world wide telecast

Ang Mor will look down even on them further if they do that. Just be honest and truthful and you get respected.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is not healthy for the kid, especially the one who hide behind and sing. She might feel inferior of her looks when she grows up. That is emotional hurt.

yeah lor, i think the 7 years old gal going to have mental problem in future. So young, so cute, yeah told by motherland that you are not good looking enough.

7 yrs old only, you can write a book about possible mental issue in adult life.

shame on the commie olympic organiser, scumbag, dogshit.

Commie china should let the 7 yrs old gal sing in the closing ceremony.

And stop using microsoft windows for projection. imagine the rolling scroll have SOD, what about that fake walking old man background have SOD. What kind of image that will reflect on china.

Scandalous. Scandalous.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Olympics opening had fake fireworks footage for TV
Stuff.co.nz | Tuesday, 12 August 2008
Email a Friend | Printable View | Have Your Say
Organisers of the Beijing Olympics' opening ceremony have admitted they faked 55 seconds of a fireworks display for television coverage.
Reuters

SEEING IS BELIEVING?: Organisers of the Beijing Olympics' opening ceremony have admitted they faked 55 seconds of a fireworks display for television coverage.

It's just editing. "Reality" TV shows like Survivor, Big Brother, American Idol etc have been doing the same for years.

It doesn't affect the outcome of the show.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For ur info guys while most of the world watched the opening ceremony the US audience only watched it 12 hrs later.

Why was this so??? Editing. Like how they edit all those kungfu movies that get shown in the US audience. Obviously they had to remove bits and pieces of it like how the male commentator which i heard from his accent had to be British mention how China would be largest economy in the world and his co commentator a china woman speaking "Engrish" How could the superpower allow this type of nonsense to be broadcast to its national audience??

Of course they probably had to grudging admit hey china put on a great show while adding in some off hand or some type of insult which wouldn't catch any fire. Like hey wow great show, amazing!!!! For small eyed ppl or small d!cks that type of stuff.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That little gal Lin, she did not know if her voice being taken out, they only tell her 15 mins before that she was chosen. So, basically, she is a victim too of the commie govt of china.
The big shots think 10 yrs old too old. (sang in rehearsal, kick out at last moment, imagine what she is thinking)
7 yrs old not cute enough.
9 yrs old cute but cannot cut it in singing.
So the big shot of china solution is to take the face of 9 yrs old and tape of 7 yrs old.