• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Old samsters still remember this "racist" variety show?

superpower

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore advertisement sparks ‘brownface’ controversy​

Alex Stambaugh
By Alex Stambaugh, CNN
2 minute read
Published 4:50 AM EDT, Tue July 30, 2019

singapore ad backlash 0730

mothership.sg
CNN —
An ethnically Chinese actor who allegedly darkened his skin to portray characters of different races in an advertisement has sparked a “brownface” controversy in multi-ethnic Singapore.
Part of a government initiative to promote electronic payments, the ad features actor Dennis Chew, from the city state broadcaster Mediacorp, dressed as four characters, including what appears to be a Malay woman wearing a headscarf.
It has since been taken down.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro, telling the truth here. When I read your thread title and before clicking on it, the name Black and White Minstrel show crossed my mind. And I was right!
It was a very high quality TV program and the performers were very talented and classy. I have fond memories of it and remembered it being shown on Saturday evenings around 8pm. Banning it was a travesty.

Last edited:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
It was a very high quality TV program and the performers were very talented and classy. I have fond memories of it and remembered it being shown on Saturday evenings around 8pm. Banning it was a travesty.
I enjoyed it too, it was entertaining and everything was done in good fun.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
In today's politically correct world it doesn't matter whether you find it offensive. What matters is whether the affected minority group finds it offensive.
I am a cuntonese minority and I find Fuckeins and northern mandarin speaking chicons very offensive...but I live with it . If these minorities dont like it . They can go back to where they came from