• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

old hit mag

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
old hit mag from the 70s:o

Have tons of them, my mom threw them into the bin, without my knowledege including my collection of Movie News & the gem of it all, FANFARE magazine issue 1 to the last, plus all the free gifts that the magazine offered, including, The New Seekers " I like to Buy The Whole A Coke" EP, & Paul McCartney "Give Ireleand Back To The Irish" with the green shamrocks EP..that is what I could remember, thrown when moving house & by accident...wahhh wahhh wahhh!!

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
True story told to me by a friend.

In primary school during the 60's, his family rented a room to a sailor. The sailor will come home every now and then after a long voyage, but one day he never returned. So the family cleared the room to rent it out again. My friend chanced upon a huge stack of Playboy magazines and brought a few to school to show his friends. Two of those friends were from a rich Indonesian family and apparently told their father who usually fetched them from school.

My friend was more interested in Spiderman and Superman comics, being at an age before puberty. The Indonesian father approached him and promised him some comics in exchange for the Playboy magazines. So he brought the whole lot and passed them to the father and got some Dell comics in return.

That Indonesian man must be real happy and to this day, my friend will never forget this episode and cursed himself for not knowing he had a treasure.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
True story told to me by a friend.

In primary school during the 60's, his family rented a room to a sailor. The sailor will come home every now and then after a long voyage, but one day he never returned. So the family cleared the room to rent it out again. My friend chanced upon a huge stack of Playboy magazines and brought a few to school to show his friends. Two of those friends were from a rich Indonesian family and apparently told their father who usually fetched them from school.

My friend was more interested in Spiderman and Superman comics, being at an age before puberty. The Indonesian father approached him and promised him some comics in exchange for the Playboy magazines. So he brought the whole lot and passed them to the father and got some Dell comics in return.

That Indonesian man must be real happy and to this day, my friend will never forget this episode and cursed himself for not knowing he had a treasure.

When I was at your friend age, I knew Spiderman, Fantastic Four, Batman & Robin, Superman, but also the 'superman' stuffs from Playboy, Penthouse, Hustler..etc.. ha ha ha, must be a slow developer...ha ha ha ha:biggrin:

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I was at your friend age, I knew Spiderman, Fantastic Four, Batman & Robin, Superman, but also the 'superman' stuffs from Playboy, Penthouse, Hustler..etc.. ha ha ha, must be a slow developer...ha ha ha ha:biggrin:

Well, males do not usually start as young as you ny friend. Usually it begins at Pr5 - Pr6 and some in Sec1. At that age, we do not have access nor the purchasing power to buy them.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well, males do not usually start as young as you ny friend. Usually it begins at Pr5 - Pr6 and some in Sec1. At that age, we do not have access nor the purchasing power to buy them.

Where do we have the money to buy them, they are usually 'stolen' from the adults, from friends in school & those sneaky Indian second hand book stores in Bras Basah Road or the off the wall mama store...that was where we became 'educated', not starting young, but somehow was introduced, ha ha ha ha:biggrin: