• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Oh Vancouver, Why?

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
First, Vancouver lies in a big earthquake zone

Then, Their RCMP will taser you multiple times until you die when you arrive at the airport

Now, Their police beat the crap out of you (actually, the ang moh police is a racist, don't like chinese pig in Vancouver)

Man beaten by police in case of mistaken identity

The Canadian Press
January 22, 2010

2474754.bin

VANCOUVER - The family of the Vancouver man injured by police in a case of mistaken identity Thursday is not ready to accept the Vancouver police department’s apology.

Two plainclothes police officers arrived at Yao Wei Wu’s south Vancouver home at 2:20 a.m. Thursday after receiving a call from a woman at the residence who said she was being attacked by her husband and feared for the safety of their baby.

What police didn’t know was that there were two suites in the home and they had gone to the wrong door.

The altercation that ensued left 44-year-old Wu — who does not speak English — bloodied, with small cuts all over his face and an eye swollen shut.

“That man can’t be forgiven,” said Wu’s wife, Nan Man Chi, speaking to The Vancouver Sun in Cantonese Friday.

“When you beat someone like that, you can’t be forgiven.”

"The cops didn't ask clearly -- not even ID me or anything -- before they started beating me," Mr. Wu said through a translator.

"I think they have an attitude problem."

Mr. Wu said that before he could ask who the officers at his door were, he was dragged outside and beaten.

"My T-shirt was torn," Mr. Wu said. "I was beaten for quite a while before I was handcuffed. felt pain to my head and body. When I touched my head and face with my hands ... I felt my hands were all wet ... they were full of blood."

The police statement said Wu sustained “minor injuries” in the incident, but photos published Friday showed more significant injuries.

The couple has not yet decided what action they will take, if any.

“As for right now, I haven’t really thought about what I’m going to do,” said Wu after returning home from a doctor’s visit. “I just want to rest. I’m really tired.”

Chi said she is hesitant to take legal action, fearing police would retaliate.

“If we filed a lawsuit, would they get back at us?” she asked. “I’m scared. I don’t know, I don’t know.”

The VPD is now investigating the matter, but the B.C. Civil Liberties Association called Friday for an independent police force to take it over.

“We’re concerned about the VPD’s obligation to investigate this impartially,” said executive director David Eby.

“The VPD has previously turned things over to [the Abbotsford police department]. It’s not ideal — we’d still rather have civilians doing the investigations like they do in Ontario — but for what we have to work with, it’s the best option.”

Eby, a lawyer, also noted that Wu could now either reach an informal agreement with the VPD; file a police complaint, which would be based on the VPD’s investigation of itself; or file a lawsuit in small claims court or B.C. Supreme Court.

“That,” he said, referring to the last option, “is the route we recommend for people facing these kinds of situations if they feel they’ve been wronged.”

Shortly after realizing they had arrested the wrong man Thursday, police went to the correct suite and spoke with the complainant.

Police located the correct man nearby and arrested him shortly after.