• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

#OccupyCentral thread: Give me Liberty or Give me Death!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: this mofo wants to be responsible for students lives?

Fuck off kopi dog

Shanmugam is an astute politician and is comment are a reflection of his in depth of understanding of the geopolitical realities of the region.

dumbo

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Lee Hsien Loong broke his silence offering golden view on HK

perfect blow job...

Singapore's Foreign Minister Kasiviswanathan Shanmugam said in an interview with Lianhe Zaobao that many reports on Hong Kong made by the Western media were untrue and biased to China.

They intentionally ignored a fact that Hong Kong had never implemented a democratic system under the British rule for some 150 years, he said, adding that Beijing's plan has granted Hong Kong much more democratic space than what Hong Kongers got in the times of British-ruled Hong Kong.

"Everyone shall be clear about one point, that is, what the central government did conforms with Hong Kong's Basic Law," the foreign minister said.

He said Hong Kong is deeply dependent on the Mainland, including employment and livelihood.

Even though a little anti-Mainland sentiment appeared in Hong Kong, the central government is still generous to Hong Kong, he added

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2014-10/05/content_18697507.htm

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: FAP Teaching China How to Deal with Hongkongers

What's new, LKY oredi said if they dare to start a riot like 64 in china, i will shoot them.

[h=1]SHANMUGAM: CHINA CAN’T GIVE IN TO HK OR OTHERS IN CHINA MIGHT PROTEST TOO[/h]

Last edited by a moderator:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

[h=1]SHANMUGAM: CHINA CAN’T GIVE IN TO HK OR OTHERS IN CHINA MIGHT PROTEST TOO[/h]

please lah... this sort of shit coming from someone whose country also do not respect real democracy and afraid of real democracy. there is no such thing as remove democracy = progress of the country.

remove democracy only = removal of human rights....period.

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pink Fucktard should just keep his mouth shut and concentrate on clearing the mess he created here first before commenting on others

Ridgewalkers

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Give me Liberty or Give me Death! Giordano Tycoon joins Occupy Central!

I wasn't scared of tear gas but I was when I was groped, 'Christine' says

PUBLISHED : Sunday, 05 October, 2014, 4:52am
UPDATED : Sunday, 05 October, 2014, 9:51am

Alice Woodhouse [email protected]

c395e3e9c3ce17bac33f08b8f689108a.jpg

A still from a video shows a man groping a woman in Mong Kok.

A woman has alleged that she and other female pro-democracy activists were sexually assaulted by a man opposing the Occupy movement in Causeway Bay on Friday - and that police did nothing about it.

The woman, who would only give her first name, Christine, said she was standing as part of a human chain when the man lay on the ground, grabbing hold of one woman's leg for a number of minutes before groping another woman's groin. She said he then crawled towards her, stood up and grabbed her breasts.

"When he got up he was facing me. He pushed me and grabbed my breasts really hard," Christine said. "I felt very, very scared, insulted and threatened.

"I yelled, 'That guy has assaulted me'. The police were there but they didn't really do anything," she said.

Other people at the scene had shouted at the man to move, but he refused to leave the women alone, she added.

The incidents occurred as anti-Occupy groups attempted to remove barriers and destroy tents. Similar incidents were reported in Mong Kok.

Human rights group Amnesty International condemned the police for failing to act. "Women and girls were among those targeted, including incidents of sexual assault, harassment and intimidation," Amnesty said in a statement. "Hong Kong's police failed in their duty to protect hundreds of peaceful pro-democracy protesters from attacks by counter demonstrators on Friday evening."

Christine reported the incident to officers and was taken to a police station to make a statement. But she asked to leave part way through giving the statement as she was in shock. She was told she had to stay as the man had accused her of kicking him - which she denied. She said the police tone changed and she felt threatened until her lawyer came and established that she was free to go as she had not been arrested.

"I wasn't scared of the tear gas but I was scared of this. It was non-violent but it was more violent," she said.

The police could not be reached for comment.

A video clip circulating on social media filmed in Mong Kok shows an older man in a white polo shirt violently groping a young woman he is arguing with. The woman is seen backing away as the man grabs her breasts.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9m0bohw_7uI?rel=0&showinfo=0" allowfullscreen="" height="315" width="420" frameborder="0"></iframe>

'We were offered HK$500 to go to Mong Kok', Tin Shui Wai teen says

1c4ad15d81d1185f56412112d172ea2c_0.jpg

Harry Lam is sure the message is genuine

Young people living in Tin Shui Wai say they have been offered cash to stir up trouble at the Mong Kok protest site and give police an excuse to make arrests.

Harry Lam, a 19-year-old student who lives just outside Tin Shui Wai, one of the city's poorest districts, said he and some of his friends had received the offer by WhatsApp message on Thursday morning.

"We got offered HK$500 to go to Mong Kok, to tear down the signs and shout and make noise. They want us to make trouble so that the police have an excuse to stop the protest and arrest people," said Lam.

He said he was sure the WhatsApp message was genuine as he knew of people accepting the offer and receiving the money. He suspected the money was coming from the mainland.

"There are lots of people from the mainland living in Tin Shui Wai and some of them support China," said Lam. "Most people in Tin Shui Wai are good, but there are some people - I suppose you can call them triads - are not good people, they want to make trouble," said Lam.

Another student, who did not wish to be named, said he had heard of sums as high as HK$800 for the day, and HK$2,000 to HK$3,000 for the protest period, being offered to attempt to create a riot.

A poster listing the six rules of protest for students led with two pieces of advice: Keep calm; and don't attack the police or it will destroy the campaign. Reports of impending trouble at the Mong Kok protest site were circulating among students at the Admiralty and Causeway Bay sites on Thursday.

"If we don't come out now and speak, we won't get democracy. But it is important that we do it peacefully - this is a peaceful protest, we can't let bad elements destroy what we have achieved so far," said Lam.

Chloe Ng, 14, joined the Admiralty protest on Thursday but it had her mother worried. "I have only one word to describe CY: bad. I had to come out and see this for myself. This is an important time for Hong Kong," said Ng.

Kate Whitehead

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No comments on Hongkie protestors' demands for their Beijing Papa nominated prime minister to resign immediately?

wah goh meng seng so satki.....more impressive than that fucktard teo ser fuck.

Ridgewalkers

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: We need him in sinkapore

I've no regrets about the tear gas, says top police officer who ordered its use

Commander who made the decision believes it was the lesser of two evils as lives were at stake

PUBLISHED : Sunday, 05 October, 2014, 4:52am
UPDATED : Sunday, 05 October, 2014, 5:44am

Lana Lam and Clifford Lo

f71e7cbcc66786a067b6bd4211ffce1b.jpg

Tear gas was used on thousands of Occupy Central demonstrators in Admiralty on September 28.

The police officer who made the controversial call to use tear gas on thousands of Occupy Central demonstrators in Admiralty one week ago today, fuelling unprecedented civil disobedience in Hong Kong, says he has no regrets and would make the same decision again.

The senior superintendent was the commander in charge of the area where tear gas was fired last Sunday afternoon into crowds of pro-democracy supporters that had taken over a major street near government offices.

"I have no regrets. If I hadn't used it, and they had come through, we could have ended up with seriously injured or worse," he said, referring to a mass crush in 1992 in Lan Kwai Fong that left 21 people dead.

"If I am in the same situation [again], and there is serious threat to public safety, then I will do the same."

He said if he had not made the decision, people could have died, as the use of tear gas was solely to prevent mass injuries from a possible stampede if there had been a sudden break in the cordon.

"It wasn't intended to disperse the crowd ... it was intended to stop the charge and make sure there was no crush of people," he said.

After assessing the situation for several hours and when a group of about 200 protesters became more aggressive in trying to break the police cordon, he said he - and he alone - authorised the officers under his command to use tear gas on the protesters.

"The guys at the front, in the first three or four rows, were very aggressive in their actions towards police, poking umbrellas, kicking officers," he said last night in an interview with the Sunday Morning Post at police headquarters in Wan Chai, where the nearby streets remained closed due to the protests.

"The use of CS [tear gas] was my decision. As a commander at scene at my rank, I am entitled to various options in terms of application of use of force and use of tear smoke, I am entitled to do that, so it's my decision.

"I hope people understand why it was used. It was used to ensure their safety. There was no political motive in this. It comes down to me as the commander on the ground, thinking people are getting seriously hurt and that was why it was done.

"I can appreciate it is very dramatic, CS grenade going up into the air, exploding ... coming down, pumping out smoke but the alternative would have been far worse, if we'd had 30 people going to hospital with broken bones, broken arms, gashes on their legs.

After the interview was conducted, police asked that the officer's name not be disclosed.

The officer said instead of tear gas, he could have ordered the officers under his command to launch a coordinated baton attack on the protesters.

"There is a misconception that somehow the use of a baton is a degree of force below the use of CS," he said.

"If we tried to move them using strikes with batons, that would cause lots of injuries - lacerations, broken bones, at the very least swelling and bruising. No one's actually injured by the use of CS ... Nobody dies from CS smoke. It's not pleasant but no one was injured."

He described his call as a successful one. "They backed straight off the barriers about 20 to 30 feet which gave us time to re-set the line, get everyone back into position," the senior superintendent said.

He said images of families and children surrounded by tear gas were "very unfortunate" but that use of tear gas "was necessary to maintain order".

With 26 years' experience in the force, he said he regarded himself as a Hongkonger.

He said once he made the decision, he had to call for supplies of the gas to be delivered. "I didn't actually have the CS with me at the time because normally in Hong Kong, things are very peaceful. So I had to ask for the CS to be delivered and that took about 15 minutes in which time there was vigorous pushing and shoving.

"In requesting the supplies, I was also reminded that, 'OK, it's your authority, your decision; however, make sure people are verbally and visually warned', so I did that as well. That was the only additional instruction from above my rank."

Asked if Chief Executive Leung Chun-ying had to be notified of his decision, the officer said no.

"It was never about an offensive action, it was about defending the line and making sure there wasn't this crush of people."

In the immediate hours after the tear gas was used, thousands of people joined the protests, galvanised by what they felt was a heavy-handed reaction to peaceful activists, and images of the chaotic scenes were broadcast across the globe.

"It's a shame those images are out there because this is a safe place. Crime is low, violence is low, people protest in a peaceful manner; it's just these few elements.

"I'm aware that the pictures themselves have a negative impact but I'm not going to regret that decision.

"It was the correct decision. It was my job to make that decision," he added.

The 47-year-old said his wife had taken their two young children, aged 10 and eight, to the protest site in Admiralty, "just to have a look and explain to them what was going on", he said.

Ridgewalkers

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: HK should hold Referendum on its future

LIVE: Occupy couple get engaged at dawn as protest enters day eight

PUBLISHED : Sunday, 05 October, 2014, 8:26am
UPDATED : Sunday, 05 October, 2014, 10:20am

Staff Reporters

Good morning and welcome to our continuing 24-hour Occupy Central coverage.

There have continued to be sporadic clashes overnight in Mong Kok, with police resorting to pepper spray and batons to control the crowd at one point.
Yesterday Hong Kong's Chief Executive Leung Chun-ying issued a stark warning that schools and shuttered government offices "must" reopen by Monday, and that Occupy Central is in a "very dangerous situation".

10.15am: In the last couple of days an increasing number of Hongkongers have spoken out against the Occupy movement, with many citing dented business interests or disupted lives as reasons. The SCMP video team spoke to some of them to find out why they oppose Occupy.

img_6708.jpg

A protester paints her umbrella with a flowers and the Hong Kong skyline. Photo: Christine To

9.40am: Stories from this morning's South China Morning Post:

* The police officer who ordered the use of tear gas against protesters one week ago has said he has 'no regrets' and would make the same decision again. For the full story click here
* Any attempt to launch a "colour revolution" on the mainland from Hong Kong would be futile, People's Daily warns. For the full story click here
* I wasn't scared of tear gas but I was when I was groped, 'Christine' says. For the full story click here

9.26am Some 100 people - many still sleeping - remain at Yee Wo Street in Causeway Bay, with very few occupying Hennessy Road. The shopping area is slowly waking up. Onlookers are taking photos of the barricades, which were reinforced during the night, while about 20 police are patrolling the area.

9.10am: A scuffle involving police and protesters in Mong Kok last night:

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/OKZVOmtXmr9/embed/simple?related=0" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8.54am: The atmosphere in Mong Kok has lightened significantly, with passers-by strolling through the Occupy camp as a total of about 30 police guard the protest zone's corners, on the junction of Nathan Road and Argyle Street. Very few anti-Occupy demonstrators have been vocal this morning.

In Causeway Bay 30-year-old factory worker Ou Ronggui, from Panyu in Guangzhou, has spent the night with protesters.

"I wanted to come with two friends from Shenzhen, but they were refused departure," Ou said. "I think universal suffrage is common in modernised western countries, and Hong Kong should have it. It will be good for China too."

State-owned media has suggested that mainlanders generally support the national legislature's decision on strict political reform for Hong Kong, but Ou said Hongkongers should "defy" universal suffrage as "defined by the Communist Party".

mainland.png

Ou Ronggui, from Panyu in Guangzhou, spent the night supporting protesters in Causeway Bay. Photo: Tony Cheung

8.50am: Police issued an appeal to the public at 4.30am, to "exercise restraint". Here's their statement in full [unedited]:

Regarding the chaotic situation and confrontations occurred currently (October 5) in the vicinity of the junction of Shanghai Street and Shantung Street in Mong Kok, and the provocation at Police by the crowd, Police appeal to members of the public to exercise restraint and comply with the instructions of the Police officers. They are also urged to leave the scene as soon as possible.

Police reiterate that any acts endangering public order and public safety will not be tolerated. The Hong Kong community regard that the public should express their views in a rational and peaceful manner. Police will take enforcement actions decisively on law-breaking behaviours.

cause.png

Occupy Central day eight dawns over Causeway Bay. Photo: Jennifer Ngo

8am: Here's a quick round-up of the major developments overnight:

* Scuffles between Occupy supporters continued in the night to Sunday in Mong Kok. Police said pepper spray had been used on the crowd because protesters were emotional and "verbally abusive". Police did not reply to allegations of using excessive force.
* The Federation of Students issued two demands for its return to the negotiating table - namely that police investigate thoroughly attacks on protesters in Mong Kok, and that they deal only with Chief Secretary Carrie Lam Cheng Yuet-ngor and other members of her task force, not CY Leung.
* Occupied areas in Admiralty and Causeway Bay remained peaceful following a large rally in Admiralty which drew thousands.
* The Sunday edition of the People's Daily, the Chinese Communist Party's main newspaper, dedicated four articles to denouncing Occupy Central - an unusually high number for the paper.

7.45am: Coaches and vans carrying an estimated 250 police officers arrive on a hard shoulder, some 100 metres away from the Chief Executive's office, for the morning shift change. They are given a quick briefing before striding to government headquarters. "Good morning comrades," some say to their colleagues.

On a lighter note, here's another couple of pictures of the couple who got engaged to be married in Mong Kok early this morning, to wild applause from the crowds. Occupy Mong Kok protester Yau Chi-hang, 22, got on his knees and proposed to Crystal Chan. Their celebratory meal? A fish fillet burger - proof that romance is most certainly not dead.

wedding.jpg

A couple getting engaged amid the Mong Kok protests.

wedding2.jpeg

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

this ah neh stupid or what?people in china already having riots and demonstrations even before hong kong protests happened.....he think all PRCs and hong kies are balless and stupid like sinkies?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

As usual, not commenting on china totally tearing up the agreement with thatcher. That's what caused the protest. What's the point otherwise if you are not going to talk about this?

He wouldn't do that. He's busy kissing the ass of China. Even his dad had openly praised Tiananmen.

Because that's good for business. Or more specifically, good for the business of his cronies and GLCs. For starters, go find out about Capitaland's activities in China. :wink:

[video=youtube;NAZfPprXKw4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAZfPprXKw4[/video]

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Xi Jinping must quickly contact LHL on solutions to resolve this HK problem. our smart leaders know everything.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Gayloong should go back to licking his husband cxnt.

Ridgewalkers

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: HK should hold Referendum on its future

Hours to avoid tragedy, protesters told as thousands attend peace rally

'Dangerous crossroads' ahead, warn moderates urging talks; the situation is evolving 'beyond control' says Leung, who demands clear streets

PUBLISHED : Saturday, 04 October, 2014, 4:55pm
UPDATED : Sunday, 05 October, 2014, 4:31am

Staff Reporters

924080c7fc8d7a2e316f7be2627cc206_0.jpg

Protesters gather in Admiralty last night, amid warnings they had just hours to avoid tragedy. Photo: Dickson Lee

A stark warning was issued last night that Hong Kong is on the brink of a "tragedy" unless mainly student democracy protesters clear the streets and unblock the heart of the city's government.

With thousands of Occupy Central supporters cramming Admiralty for a peace rally to protest against attacks by triad thugs on Friday, the government's Tamar headquarters remained at the heart of week-long protests.

As students dug in at flashpoints across the city, two prominent moderate former Democratic Party members warned the city was at a very dangerous crossroads.

In a sombre web video, Chief Executive Leung Chun-ying said the government "strongly condemns all violent acts. The situation may probably evolve into a state beyond control, and will have serious consequences for public safety and social order".

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/p3xrGCY2iY8?rel=0&showinfo=0" allowfullscreen="" height="315" width="420" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Leung described as most "pressing" the need for 3,000 civil servants to be allowed back to work tomorrow morning and for protesters to clear the area outside the Tamar headquarters. Occupy leader Benny Tai responded that protesters would open a channel for civil servants to reach their offices.

Leung's video came as Xinhua reported that "cadres and masses across the country" supported the central government's policies towards Hong Kong and "resolutely oppose" the protests.

Democratic Party member and University of Hong Kong associate professor Dr Law Chi-kwong said in an email to protesters: "This is very likely my last email to all of you. When the students say no to talks, they have removed their last line of protection. Things can turn very drastic within the next couple of hours. I am begging everyone I know to leave, at least staying away from the West Gate of [the Tamar headquarters]. I believe no one in Hong Kong can stop what may happen in the next couple of hours. I beg with tears."

Fellow former Democrat Cheung Man-kwong described the situation as "very dangerous". Cheung urged protesters to open dialogue with the government as soon as possible to find a way out of the deadlock and avoid a "tragedy".

photo_4.jpg

Police hold back the anti-Occupy Central camp in Causeway Bay. Photo: SCMP

An open letter to Leung from former US consuls general to the city also urged the chief executive to "open dialogue".

The Federation of Students put two conditions on returning to the negotiating table. It demanded the government "thoroughly" investigate claims "police indulged thugs and enforced the law selectively in recent Occupy protests". It also said it would talk only to Chief Secretary Carrie Lam Cheng Yuet-ngor - not Leung.

Pan-democrat lawmakers have accused the government of colluding with triad gangs to orchestrate attacks on demonstrators in Mong Kok.

"The government has used organised, orchestrated forces and even triad gangs in an attempt to disperse citizens," said Democrat James To Kun-sun, deputy chairman of the Legislative Council's security panel.

img_0426a_0.jpg
">

Occupy and anti-occupy groups scuffle in Mong Kok on Saturday. Photo: Sam Tsang

Tempers flared again in Mong Kok yesterday, with bottles thrown at demonstrators and scuffles throughout the day.

Secretary for Security Lai Tung-kwok denied the police had colluded with triads.

Pan-democrats also called for talks with the chief secretary. Civic Party leader Alan Leong Kah-kit said they did not trust the chief executive.

Democratic Party chairwoman Emily Lau Wai-hing said: "We welcome dialogue. However, it appears that people with [triad gang] 'backgrounds' are behind the incident."

Independent pan-democrat Joseph Lee Kok-long said the city had "been taken over by triad gangs ... it is anarchy", while Fernando Cheung Chiu-hung from the Labour Party said "our society has reached a point where violence may erupt any time".

Fanny W.Y. Fung, Kathy Gao, Danny Mok, Ernest Kao, Bryan Harris

sunday.3.jpg

Harry's view

firmerterra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Anarchists & Opportunist Abound in HK Chaos

HK people has more political conscience than SGlians

The average Singaporean is a political zombie.

No thanks to LKY! God blessed HK!

Yea god bless HK when anarchism descends and total civil disorder appears, who will they put the blame on ? Themselves or the government ? Democracy do not put food nor pay the bills it's just an ideal. Lucky in Singapore a small miniority of Raoy and miss han have got an axe to grind. MAY THIS BE A REMINDER what civil disorder can lead too.

firmerterra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Anarchists & Opportunist Abound in HK Chaos

Hongkies are light years ahead of sinkies....result of 50 years of damage.
Even commie chinks who got no right to vote knows how to protest march.
Sinkies can only rank above the North Koreans in political consciousness.....even illiterate Burmese rank many notches above sinkie

with your kind of thinking, oh boy !