• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

obama choose african for all the top jobs HA HA HA

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
US president-elect Barack Obama has named longtime lawyer Eric Holder to be attorney general, making him the first African-American in the post, US media has reported.

Holder, who served as deputy attorney general under former president Bill Clinton , will head the Justice Department, Newsweek magazine said on Tuesday, citing legal sources close to the presidential transition.

Obama's transition team did not immediately comment on the report.

"Obama offered Holder the job and he accepted," the magazine said on its website, adding that "the announcement is not likely until after Obama announces his choices to lead the Treasury and State departments."

Holder was co-chief along with Caroline Kennedy of Obama's vice presidential selection process and, like Obama, is a fellow alumnus of Columbia University in New York, the report said.

"He was on the short list from the beginning and obvious choice," Newsweek reporter Michael Isikoff told CNN.

"Also, a symbolic choice. This will be the first, he will be the first African-American to head the Justice Department, and that's a pretty big deal in its own right."

Isikoff, who broke the story, said that the Obama team likely chose Holder because of his experience in the Justice Department and viewed him as a stark contrast to those who served under President George W Bush .

Holder "lives and breathes the culture of the Justice Department. He served for years in the public integrity section of the Justice Department, and prosecuting political corruption, Republicans and Democrats," said Isikoff.

"One of the big criticisms of the Bush team both in the first term and the second term is that they didn't. They weren't a part of the Justice Department, and they didn't quite understand the very unique culture at Justice. Eric Holder does."

Holder, 57, is a partner in the Washington law firm of Covington and Burling.

He has served as a superior court judge in the nation's capital and was named the capital's US attorney by former president Clinton before taking the post of deputy attorney general under Janet Reno in 1997.

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
That reminds me of that SIA Indian CEO, he employed all indians in his management team during his tenure. It makes me wonder if I had stepped into AI...... No, not Artificial Intelligence aka Kek Kiang but Air India.

Here's a riddle:

What airline is PIA ?

Correct, Please Inform Allah.

What is AI ? Nope. not Air India, it is Allah informed.

US president-elect Barack Obama has named longtime lawyer Eric Holder to be attorney general, making him the first African-American in the post, US media has reported.

Holder, who served as deputy attorney general under former president Bill Clinton , will head the Justice Department, Newsweek magazine said on Tuesday, citing legal sources close to the presidential transition.

"Obama offered Holder the job and he accepted," the magazine said on its website, adding that "the announcement is not likely until after Obama announces his choices to lead the Treasury and State departments."

Holder was co-chief along with Caroline Kennedy of Obama's vice presidential selection process and, like Obama, is a fellow alumnus of Columbia University in New York, the report said.

"He was on the short list from the beginning and obvious choice," Newsweek reporter Michael Isikoff told CNN.

"Also, a symbolic choice. This will be the first, he will be the first African-American to head the Justice Department, and that's a pretty big deal in its own right."

Isikoff, who broke the story, said that the Obama team likely chose Holder because of his experience in the Justice Department and viewed him as a stark contrast to those who served under President George W Bush .

Holder "lives and breathes the culture of the Justice Department. He served for years in the public integrity section of the Justice Department, and prosecuting political corruption, Republicans and Democrats," said Isikoff.

"One of the big criticisms of the Bush team both in the first term and the second term is that they didn't. They weren't a part of the Justice Department, and they didn't quite understand the very unique culture at Justice. Eric Holder does."

He has served as a superior court judge in the nation's capital and was named the capital's US attorney by former president Clinton before taking the post of deputy attorney general under Janet Reno in 1997.

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ohlang must take care of ohlang mah, same thing in any organization you go, if the head is mat, most of the employees is mats, if is ah neh, same same

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
I didn't know one Eric Holder equals to a few thousand positions all occupied by blacks in the federal government during the transition.

For the record, the main campaign staff- his advisers and strategists during the campaign- were mostly white. Plouffe, Axlerod, Gibbs and some others were all white.

Eric Holder is qualified to be, because he was assistant AG to Janet Reno 8 years ago. So I do feel sad when some people wanna remain biased because they have lighter skin. But I guess the world has to move on with or without them anyway.

surespam

Alfrescian
Loyal
nahbeh.... why if the chinese gahmen choose chinese people you never kpkb or the angmoh choose angmoh also never kpkb...

if black people, mat or monkey choose monkey you all make noise?

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is no different.

LEE KUAN YEW chooses foreigner over Singaporean for TOP post except for PM seat, reserved for LEE FUCKING YEW FAMILY ONLY.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the end, its all about taste. I'd bet that if you had a chance of being President of Singapore, the shortlist of head chefs you would consider hiring would also include an Asian, or rather a chinese chef.

So if Obama chooses a black chef, a white chef, its his personal taste. And so there's no right or wrong. Don't get into all these stuff just because Obama's black. Its time to get over it, people!

No wonder the IHT article was pretty accurate about the issue of race in Asia.

imperialarms

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the end, its all about taste. I'd bet that if you had a chance of being President of Singapore, the shortlist of head chefs you would consider hiring would also include an Asian, or rather a chinese chef.

So if Obama chooses a black chef, a white chef, its his personal taste. And so there's no right or wrong. Don't get into all these stuff just because Obama's black. Its time to get over it, people!

No wonder the IHT article was pretty accurate about the issue of race in Asia.

no i am worried abt his health coz he eat too much fried chicken

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it is tribal mentality of african mind.
i think he should also sell arms to somali so they can improve their piracy.
and all those cars that big motown 3 cannot sell, sell it at cheap lelong to africa.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
no i am worried abt his health coz he eat too much fried chicken

In the campaign, he lost 8 pounds compared to Hillary Clinton who gained weight. Whenever he was in a pancake or chips outlet, he buys them on the go- or more commonly known as ta-bao in SG- for his staff who wants them.

His daily meals were salmon, rice, and broccoli. And he manages to squeeze in 30-45 minutes of exercise in the gym for 6 days a week even during the 23 months of campaigning.

So Obama's health is fine. His only vice is his on-and-off smoking. He's using nicotine gum & patches to wane off the stuff, and Michelle's watching. As I said, while most African Americans love their soul food- delicious but unhealthy- Obama hasn't followed their examples, especially as he gets older.

Still the state dinners will be massive, and it will take more exercise to get rid of the extra calories gained in those dinners at the White House, especially if foreign world leaders come.

Here's a link to the personal decisions that the Obama family has to take when they slowly move to D.C.

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2008/11/the_obama_familys_big_importan.html

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal

You've made a "delicious" and neutral comments and yet straight to the point.

Your reputation point deserve to be UP.
Oh shit, used up the point feature today, will get it work tomorrow for you.

Cheers!

Hope to see more neutral and positive comment like this.

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
This shows that even the blacks despice the asians.

Actually blacks are quite fond of asians, especially asian women. I am seeing quite a few asian girls running around with black boyfriends these days. But then again I am also seeing more chinese guys marrying white American women and having kids too.

I think it is the Asian community here that mistrusts the blacks, but the blacks dont mind asians at all.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually blacks are quite fond of asians, especially asian women. I am seeing quite a few asian girls running around with black boyfriends these days. But then again I am also seeing more chinese guys marrying white American women and having kids too.

I think it is the Asian community here that mistrusts the blacks, but the blacks dont mind asians at all.

Obama has a taiwanese-born Chinese brother-in-law(through his half-sister Maya), in case you didn't hear. And Chris Lu, who was his classmate at Harvard, was also part of his senior Senate office staff. He's now been appointed to a major White House role in the Obama administration.

A number of Obama advisers during the campaign were also Asian. Obama has no problems with Asians. If he had any, then why move to Indonesia? Even his old Indonesian friends said that despite the initial fooling around, Obama played with his friends all the same. Obama is well liked in Indonesia, and Indonesia considers him a native son.

tommyh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who are the rest of the black cabinet members??

Bush Jr had Condi

Bush Sr had Powell