• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

O Levels best in Canada

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to this report from the Canadian Press, new immigrants to Canada that are highly educated are struggling to meet their potential.

The study by the Federation of Canadian Municipalities notes that these immigrants with university degrees are four times more likely to be unemployed than other Canadians.

You can infer two important points from here:

Immigrants are being discriminated in Canada, no matter how qualified they are

Foreign universities degrees are not well received in Canada

The bottom line is it is safe to apply to Canada if you are 'O' levels holder.

If you have education higher then 'O' level, you are better off applying to USA, Australia or New Zealand, where your qualificatons are well received.

4415806876_9bf7e353bc_o.jpg

Hock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is the best destination for immigrants. O levels, N level and
no level oso can. No discrimination, in fact, highly preferred by govt.
Best schools and good scholarships for your children. Top-notch
well-paying jobs for new immigrants. Like heaven on earth. All
are welcome. :biggrin:

Asychee

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am "O" level nia - cannot speak english properly too no wonder i can succed hor.
Wah lao eh

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to this report from the Canadian Press, new immigrants to Canada that are highly educated are struggling to meet their potential.

The study by the Federation of Canadian Municipalities notes that these immigrants with university degrees are four times more likely to be unemployed than other Canadians.

You can infer two important points from here:

Immigrants are being discriminated in Canada, no matter how qualified they are

The bottom line is it is safe to apply to Canada if you are 'O' levels holder.

If you have education higher then 'O' level, you are better off applying to USA, Australia or New Zealand, where your qualificatons are well received.

Aiya, it depends on what country of qualification these immigrants obtained. If they come from China, India, Sri Lanka, Bangadesh and have poor English skills then of course they can't land the professional jobs they want. Its the same in the US, Australia or NZ.

In general, Singapore qualifications are recognised and so long they keep their 'Singlish' to the minimum.

southwest

Alfrescian
Loyal
In general, Singapore qualifications are recognised and so long they keep their 'Singlish' to the minimum.

Not quite there yet. The term Canadian Experience doesn't exists for no reason. Does not matter if it's China, India or Singapore, as long it is not Canadian, it cannot be counted as Canadian experience.

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good to know, that Canadian govt is taking care of it citizens first, unlike PAP with a wide open door, even cleaner job has to compete with FT in Singapore.

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
COLOR]

No. Not completely true. One thing that I've found out in my life is, a degree will not land you a job. Its more of your interpersonal, communication skills as well as contacts that will lead you to job offers. If you can handle an interview and impress whoever that is out there, degree matters very little. If you want to migrate to Canada or Australia, your English language skills have to be good. Many of those who migrate to countries like Canada and Oz are usually from 3rd world countries with poor English language skills and that works to their disadvantage when it comes to job applications and interviews.

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal
No. Not completely true. One thing that I've found out in my life is, a degree will not land you a job. Its more of your interpersonal, communication skills as well as contacts that will lead you to job offers. If you can handle an interview and impress whoever that is out there, degree matters very little. If you want to migrate to Canada or Australia, your English language skills have to be good. Many of those who migrate to countries like Canada and Oz are usually from 3rd world countries with poor English language skills and that works to their disadvantage when it comes to job applications and interviews.

Agreed. Canada is a excellent country for emigration, more so then Australia in terms of cost of living, social benefits, infrastructure, and closer to the US (apart from the long harsh cold weather). The country of origin where the candidate is born plays a big part when it comes to shortlisting for interviews as well.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think it is not about interpersonal or communication skills.. it is about talking BIG.. oversell yourself.. In the ang mo countries, it pays to talk big :wink:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am "O" level nia - cannot speak english properly too no wonder i can succed hor.
Wah lao eh

I respect the O level migrant.. they often use their brain.. their rebellious attitude and smart moves will ensure they get what they want..

Rusty gear always gets the most grease :wink:

I am a Chow Ah-Beng wanabe, I too can fit into the environment, hehehe..

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is not about interpersonal or communication skills.. it is about talking BIG.. oversell yourself.. In the ang mo countries, it pays to talk big :wink:

hmm...actually no, I've done numerous interviews myself. Able to talk and sell yourself is one thing - good comm skills, professional knowledge, honesty, confidence & culture fit are all important. Oversell yourself during interviews are not going to work if you are not able to backup with facts. Talk BIG to land a lucrative job actually works better in Asia, especially SG. See how many FT big guns landed in Singiepore, all talk but no substance.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmm...actually no, I've done numerous interviews myself. Able to talk and sell yourself is one thing - good comm skills, professional knowledge, honesty, confidence & culture fit are all important. Oversell yourself during interviews are not going to work if you are not able to backup with facts. Talk BIG to land a lucrative job actually works better in Asia, especially SG. See how many FT big guns landed in Singiepore, all talk but no substance.

Haha.. you are refering to India FTs ? I have to give them my respect ! Their bull is far more superior than mine.. haha.. Sadly, in Australia the locals consider them as trash..

I spent most part of my life in SG, I must admit, we always produce substance.. staff here considered SG migrants as "quality ppl".. It is great to hear them singing praises about SG migrants.. We have set a good record. Our fellow sinkie mates will have no problem seeking a good jobs.

ashjaw

Alfrescian
Loyal
got an OZ colleague working in sgp, he really talks BIG and as usual impresses the big bosses alot I guess. After a year or 2, everyone in the office knows he is an empty shell. So his contract was not renewed and guess what? he managed to land a job in the US!!

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal
got an OZ colleague working in sgp, he really talks BIG and as usual impresses the big bosses alot I guess. After a year or 2, everyone in the office knows he is an empty shell. So his contract was not renewed and guess what? he managed to land a job in the US!!

Aussies have good reputation in the US (look at how many of them doing so well in Hollywood), and being English speaking, its quite easy for them to land a job in the US.