• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nusa Idaman Community

KelvinC

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Mingchye, appreciate if you can advise me the address of NI Sale Office. May drop by on weekends to look at corner/endlots. Thank you. KelvinC.

Was at NI Sales Office earlier today. Non-bumi 8D units are about 50% booked already. About half of these booked units are corner and endlots. The entire row facing the 8D Semi-dees are fully booked. Only intermediate units near surau and guardhouse areas and along idaman 8/5 are left.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will the jb condo gets more and more rundown by the time we retire? thats what i observe in many jb condos.... especially those more than 3 yrs (where the maintenance is handled over to the resident commitee)

Whats ur take?

so far u will notice most after 10yrs it already look like old HDB...

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
so far u will notice most after 10yrs it already look like old HDB...

Ya, but it's only recently I've learned that the new generation of condos requires the purchasers to pay a sinking fee which is used to maintain the outlook and other facilities of the condo.

The older gen ones only have the security maintenance fees...

Maybe this makes a diff

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can Anyone tell me how much per foot run your cabinet maker charges you for your solid surface top. My contractor gave me quote for marble/granite, waterproof & heat resistance, about 250RM to 350RM. My bro installed solid surface just about 2 months ago and now has a ring imprint from heat from his hot pot. How much is cabinet per foot run? Thanks

Hi, I asked an exhibitor at the Furniture Fair yesterday, she said is about RM140/ft for an acrylic top surface. Don't think this is heat proof. No idea about cabinet price.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those owners who are not in NI FB , please avoid EXX contractor .
Do not get cheated by his super cheap quotations ....
Some residents has complained being cheated by this company with the money and house reno not complete.

Last edited:

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some residents has complained being cheated by this company with the money and house reno not complete.

Take noe that it is one of the stadard modus operandi of some johor contractor to start by quoting dirt cheap prices and then once started the work, will start a big mess before coming in with requests for more money and stopping work to force you as by then it would be more costly and difficult for you to change or rectify the situation.

Please go for contractors recommended by someone you can trust and get as much details of the contractor like address, bank account (when you pay by cheque) so that you can track them down as some will do a disappearing act as well. This industry is still the wild wild west.

Also if contractors are using indonesian workers, make sure that they are not illegal as when found working on your premise, you will be at fault.

And majority indo workers will give shoddy workmanship and needs 100% supervision. Most of these indo workers cannot be tracked down when they messed up.

nameno

Alfrescian
Loyal

Can u pls clarify the contractor name? Is it "EXX" or "E##" contractor?

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quick Update

Just confirmed with the project office , P7 will get their keys by end of this yr .

P8 is still doing some internal checkings/rectification works....

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh bro nameo, u own courtyard one huh?

if only if never let go..then can see ah tiong doing everyday.. :biggrin:

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Take noe that it is one of the stadard modus operandi of some johor contractor to start by quoting dirt cheap prices and then once started the work, will start a big mess before coming in with requests for more money and stopping work to force you as by then it would be more costly and difficult for you to change or rectify the situation.

Please go for contractors recommended by someone you can trust and get as much details of the contractor like address, bank account (when you pay by cheque) so that you can track them down as some will do a disappearing act as well. This industry is still the wild wild west.

Also if contractors are using indonesian workers, make sure that they are not illegal as when found working on your premise, you will be at fault.

And majority indo workers will give shoddy workmanship and needs 100% supervision. Most of these indo workers cannot be tracked down when they messed up.

Red flag shd be raised if its too cheap to be true. Yes we want to save money but not to extent to be blinded by questionably cheap quotation..as for the Indon workers its d norm to have them workg on ur renovatn so its kind of difficult to blanket label all of them gave shoddy workmanship..if any problem then best to deal with the reno company not directly with the workers. They are human beings who works to feed their families back home..acknowledging their presence with a smile and greeting them when u inspect on ur hse progress is a good and courteous habit.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mine...P7A

Congrats sia! em48.gif