• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nusa Idaman Community

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best location in 8A is where you feel at home or where your heart says...Heheh... Different people different wants and needs. Cheers everyone.

True indeed..wise answer bro...actually whatever development u choose will be in ur opinion the best for reasons only u urself can justify..

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
The existing Surau is located at the junction of Idaman 8/1 and 8/3 while 8/12 is here ->
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...103.641222&spn=0.008945,0.015192&z=16&iwloc=A

I think 8A is located furthest away from Surau compared to 8B and of course 8D.

As for which is best location within 8A, sorry I am unable to advise because I am an 8B owner. Maybe you want to try asking vincentck's opinas he owns both 8A and 8B.

Fyi the surau will become a mosque in the near future. They r just waiting for the buildg fun to be enough..it will not stay as a surau because in one of the earlier precincts (if u drive towards NS look to ur right after the commercial lots) there is already an established surau. So a mosque is in order to serve the NI, NS and Nusa Indah muslim community..

terencetan1981

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fyi the surau will become a mosque in the near future. They r just waiting for the buildg fun to be enough..it will not stay as a surau because in one of the earlier precincts (if u drive towards NS look to ur right after the commercial lots) there is already an established surau. So a mosque is in order to serve the NI, NS and Nusa Indah muslim community..

Growing up in Malaysia we understand how living next to the mosque requires inches more of discerning and understanding especially when it comes to things deemed unholy like eating pork or having shrine placed outside of Taoism household. This especially sensitive during puasa and Chinese are having festive season at the same time. It's not comforting for devotees going to mosque during their fasting to see others celebrating in their big feast. I believe time has trained people to be more civilized but my childhood experience wasn't a good one.

Katfish

Alfrescian
Loyal
I posted here before you could go back to previous threads for info. Now using phone can't retrieve the pic. Cheers

Thanks Terence. :smile: unfortunately to know your childhood experience wasn't a good one. Let bygones be bygones and look forward to your wonderful and lovely future? :smile:

yahoo1234

Alfrescian
Loyal
NI Precinct 7A is located on a higher ground and far away from the mosque. It is next to the last piece of land for NI semi-d. Owners are getting their keys by end of the year but I can see a few listings for sale now.

anthonion

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow surau turning to mosque ?
That's a turn off for me if house is near to it , (no offense to other race)
no wonder the take up is slower in 8d last row (first row that faces lake) taken up first..

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Narmi

Any idea where do the mosque building funds come from ?
I thought the existing surau gotten award winning ? why tear it down ......

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
no wonder the take up is slower in 8d last row (first row that faces lake) taken up first..

Quite true. In the first place, place of worship preferably not be in the precinct be it mosque, temple, church etc, imo. But surprisingly Corner/end lots sold out. And tat day the sales staff told me their management may raise the pur price during their official launch of 8D. Hmm....

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Non taken bro. I can understand fr ur viewpt.

Crystal Sis: uem will need quite a big sum of $ (millions). Not like sg where mosque buildg fund is centralized through mthly deductn for all muslims and administered by sg muslim authority..in msia mostly state mosques are are govt funded whereas most other mosques are fr developers/public/or personal donation fr wealthy muslims. Developer may hav common understandg with govt or they hv corporate social responsibilty or/and as muslims to build a mosque and or surau in every community. Maybe they will incorporate d design because if u look at the actual land it is on the size is way bigger than what a surau actually need. I may be wrong so pls don take my word as truth.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Narmi

Thanks for sharing , I didnt know abt the monthly deduction in sg is for that use ...
coz CDAC for chinese is more for those low income ppl for many use but not for building temples n churches etc ....

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Narmi

Thanks for sharing , I didnt know abt the monthly deduction in sg is for that use ...
coz CDAC for chinese is more for those low income ppl for many use but not for building temples n churches etc ....

We deducted for both. Its called d Mendaki and Mosque buildg fund. The mosque buildg fund will not pay for all constructn cost. Usually abt 2mil need to come up fr the extra donation drive or orgn or personal donatn.

anthonion

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quite true. In the first place, place of worship preferably not be in the precinct be it mosque, temple, church etc, imo. But surprisingly Corner/end lots sold out. And tat day the sales staff told me their management may raise the pur price during their official launch of 8D. Hmm....

Agreed. Why in such a land-abundant country needs to cramp a mosque in midst of a residential township? There are empty land everywhere right?

Those corner units sold out probably to those who want their holy place close to those who want to be closer to their holy place??....

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed. Why in such a land-abundant country needs to cramp a mosque in midst of a residential township? There are empty land everywhere right?

Those corner units sold out probably to those who want their holy place close to those who want to be closer to their holy place??....

I think it is a Local Authority's requirement/condition to get the developer to build a place of worship, religious school etc for xxx number of inhabitants in the Taman. From the Local Authority (MPBJT) viewpoint, they may want to ensure there is availability of such places to cater to the Muslims living in the community.

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal

But some of the international corner lot buyers were non-malays leh. Same goes for the End lots too.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
But some of the international corner lot buyers were non-malays leh. Same goes for the End lots too.

Thats something you need to get used to when you live in Malaysia. Bumis and the official religion are prioritised. Hence the planning would take these into consideration.
Moderator please dont censor me I am just explaining how things work in Malaysia and I am not trying to be racist or what.

anthonion

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is a Local Authority's requirement/condition to get the developer to build a place of worship, religious school etc for xxx number of inhabitants in the Taman. From the Local Authority (MPBJT) viewpoint, they may want to ensure there is availability of such places to cater to the Muslims living in the community.
So this mosque is for NI alone or sharing among other Tamans as well?
If it s to cater to all Muslim in multiple Tamans then it shd b built at state land middle of all the taman not within any specific Taman mar...
Just weird why put it in NI compound??
:smile:
Again no offense to anybody.

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats something you need to get used to when you live in Malaysia. Bumis and the official religion are prioritised. Hence the planning would take these into consideration.
Moderator please dont censor me I am just explaining how things work in Malaysia and I am not trying to be racist or what.

OK. I understand. We should respect our Host.

Merdeka!:wink:

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
So this mosque is for NI alone or sharing among other Tamans as well?
If it s to cater to all Muslim in multiple Tamans then it shd b built at state land middle of all the taman not within any specific Taman mar...
Just weird why put it in NI compound??
Again no offense to anybody.

Bro allow me to explain: a mosque is for ALL muslims so it doesnt matter of what race as long as u r a muslim u can use any mosque..A mosque in m'sia context is considered a basic necessity and the developer is obliged to fulfil this..so for eg. BI has 1 mosque for the muslim community...even the kota iskandar (new jb state admin cente) has one under construction now...its a matter of when not if the mosque will be build. The supreme leader and defender of Islam in M'sia as a country is the King. For every state its their respective Sultans..

In sg context every housing estate will be allocated a land for 1 mosque/1 church/1 chinese n 1 hindu temple. If u want more than one (applicable to all) then must bid for the land accordg to market rate.

anthonion

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro allow me to explain: a mosque is for ALL muslims so it doesnt matter of what race as long as u r a muslim u can use any mosque..A mosque in m'sia context is considered a basic necessity and the developer is obliged to fulfil this..so for eg. BI has 1 mosque for the muslim community...even the kota iskandar (new jb state admin cente) has one under construction now...its a matter of when not if the mosque will be build. The supreme leader and defender of Islam in M'sia as a country is the King. For every state its their respective Sultans..

In sg context every housing estate will be allocated a land for 1 mosque/1 church/1 chinese n 1 hindu temple. If u want more than one (applicable to all) then must bid for the land accordg to market rate.

i understand the priority and everything. i just wonder how come out of NI, NP, NB, NS, SEG, etc, why must NI be chosen to have it?