• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nusa Idaman Community

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi, is anyone here aware of new semi-d launch in nusa idaman? heard there are no more semi-d in p8b left for forighners and there is next semi-d launch for p7 or p8d. is it true?

There is an upcoming "Westlake" or Phase 8D in the pipeline (I saw that conditional planning permission has been approved for this project by MPJBT in the OSC portal). It will consists of 102 DSTH 22x75 and 14 Semi-D 40x80 units. As to when it will launch I dont know, but my guess would be likely launch for sale in 2013 and expected completion 2015. Not sure abt future P7 projects.

Last edited:

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
just exploring on semi-d options. price in hh, el are very high and ni is reasonable. what do u say?
others lik setia or nd doesnt have beautiful surroundings

Thats the main reason why I chose NI too, specifically 8b. Do note that probably out of the proposed 14 Semi-Dees, 2-3 units will be reserved bumi lots, leaving only 11-12 available. (In phase8b, there were 16 Semi-dees and 3 are marked bumi lots).

Imho, the bigger corner lots maybe a better deal (for own stay) rather than Semi-Dees cos of the big extra land and they are wayyyyy more unique cos of their small numbers.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
just exploring on semi-d options. price in hh, el are very high and ni is reasonable. what do u say?
others lik setia or nd doesnt have beautiful surroundings

Hmm , depends e price launch. Bear in Mind, there will be a mosque/surau very near p8 .....
U buying for investment ?

sheryl

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear all, am looking for a corner/end lot unit in Nusa idaman. Please feel free to email me if you are planning to give up your unit. Thanks.

sheryl

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Leman,

Am planning to have a resale unit in Nusa idaman. there are few choice, can u please advise the pros and cons if compare P2 and P6? really thanks for your help, cos i buy it for my own stay.

I stayed in Phase 2A.. the very first phase. I stayed at the house quite near the guard post and main road, so it did not feel secluded.
The guards were mostly very young, some looked like teenagers... better to secure your house with grilles.

For phase 2A, the only break-in was the 2nd house from the far right corner (ie towards coffee shop)
If you know which unit i am talking about, the house is facing main road but quite far away from guard post. On the right side of Phase 2A is empty land hence it is easy to climb over the fence. It happened in the evening. The father is quite old and relaxed, he often leaves his gate and main door open, walks around outside. They have 2 daughters.. so not much manpower in the house. All these factors together made them easy target. Their house is single storey and they definitely do not appear "rich".

They just gave the robbers what they wanted and they were not harmed. They are Johorean by the way, the daughters schooling in SG.

On the other hand i park a white colored SG-plated car in the porch, but i cover the car most of the time... mine was corner unit. I suppose we were quite careful and people seemed to fear our dog (although this is no guarantee). Perhaps the robbers did not have chance hence they trailed me and attempted to rob me at coffee shop instead... not sure if they observed me at coffee shop only or from home. I am quite careful... i have a pair of binoculars. Whenever i spot an unfamiliar car parked nearby, even outside the fence, i will use my binoculars to observe.

I think the risk is always when one is careless, too relaxed, and if your unit is too secluded. I always advise people don't buy house at far corner away from visibility, don't let people know you don't have too many men in the house... and the early days when they are more contractors hanging around the development than occupants... if you can wait a few months let more people move in first.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Sheryl,

I stayed in Phase 2A for 3 years... i have to confess i don't know that much about the other phases.

1) Phase 6 is reasonably new and TOP i believe? I presume you drive, hence P6 being along a "smaller" road as compared to the older phases (2A, 4, etc) along the main road would not make much difference in terms of convenience, other than you might occasionally have to pass by the crowd or traffic from the mosque. Neither is the main road too crowded or busy.

2) P6 are all double storey right? The old P2A and P4 has 50% double storeys, 50% single storeys... it is generally assumed single storey occupants are blue collar workers hence increased risk of hooliganism but this is really an assumption, i had no issues during my stay.

3) The car porch for the old Phase 2A is the main strong point - it is deeper than the new phases... i think from main door till gate it is about 30 ft
I recall ALL the newer phases have short car porch.

All factors considered, there is really not much difference. P2A being older means you should secure a lower price for the 5 years age.

The only valueble info i can give to you is... the corner units at P2A (about 2800 sft land) was sold by developer about RM290k. Corner with land about 2100 sft was RM261k. Intermediate units - at most RM200k... UEM was still clearing the balance units at this price during 2010.

My Malaysian neighbour (not bumi) bought his intermediate at about RM160k... of course at that time Nusa Idaman was a barren piece of land !

Last edited:

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please Pm me if anyone is selling their house in NI precinct 8b. :smile:

8b's expected completion is May 2013(according to thr sales brochure). Try reposting this question when nearer to completion. The houses are between 55-65% completion stage right now.

homeinjb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm , how abt Laguna ? Ni return will be slow ....

hi crystal,
tried exploring on laguna, based on internet search found houses are big but there are no good amenities nearby. price range is between RM1.3 to 1.9m and with that range i think EL would be better option
by the way will u be able to share if you or anyone known to u got the chance to visit laguna. how would u rate it in terms of price, location and investment potential with EL.
plz advice

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi crystal,
tried exploring on laguna, based on internet search found houses are big but there are no good amenities nearby. price range is between RM1.3 to 1.9m and with that range i think EL would be better option
by the way will u be able to share if you or anyone known to u got the chance to visit laguna. how would u rate it in terms of price, location and investment potential with EL.
plz advice

U go to e main thread and search. There is a discussion abt Laguna for investment. Need to hv far sight. If Laguna is well developed now , the price will be at least 1mil Liao. Laguna is not comparable to EL at e moment.

Last edited:

Booga

Alfrescian
Loyal
8b's expected completion is May 2013(according to thr sales brochure). Try reposting this question when nearer to completion. The houses are between 55-65% completion stage right now.

Thnks Mingchye!
I will consider 8a too but might not be looking at corner unit.

Booga

Alfrescian
Loyal
For me, the important features are location, layout, size and the general planning of the development. Tap n stuff can be easily changed. Personally I love the floor tiles! Compared to the ones you get at bukit indah and the earlier NI precincts. Also impressed by the anti termite structure of the built. Not sure what is the number of my street though... Will make a note to ask the sales staff next time I am nearby!

Agree with dragonlance, I have seen a lot of popular developments terraces at higher prices which only give those normal dull ceramic tiles(similar to those 7b hillside homes) and not those glossy tiles like 8b. At least can save on the tilings around RM 25-35 k whole house inclusive staircase. For the bathrooms it is full tilings for all the bathrooms, some other developers only half tilings and some only masterbedrooms. We also pay a bit extra for the higher land. So I still think precint 8b still worth the value compare to others at this moment . Not to mentioned the SPA & loan legal and loan absorbed and free 2 years maintenace. : )

dragonlance

Alfrescian
Loyal
crystal_tiong said:
oh. ytdi called n e malay guy told me left unit no. 44 , so now its fully sold. thats gd. but quite a nbr of investors fr kl.

Hi Crystal, yes... I spoke to the Malay guy (should have asked for his name...) as well as Lalitha... No mention of the no. 44 unit though but safe to say dont think it was sold to Chinese ;-)