• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NUS debate Team win the title, but none of them are local.

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
国大辩论队夺冠 队员竟没狮城人

20091006_weehan_debating_img_main.jpg

新加坡国立大学派队伍出国参加辩论比赛,勇夺冠军却引发争议,因为所有辩论员都是外国学生,没有本地人。

据马国媒体报道,第5届中华杯马新澳大专华语辩论邀请赛,昨晚举行大决赛,新加坡国立大学打败马来亚大学夺得冠军。

这项赛事由新山中华公会教育委员会及南方学院联办,共有14支来自澳洲、新加坡和马国的大专辩论队参加,包括国大和南大。

赛事由上个星期五展开,国大一路以反方的立场,在初赛和复赛分别打败了澳洲墨尔本大学和新南威尔士大学,在半决赛踢走了自家人南大,杀入了前天的大决赛。

打进大决赛的另一支队伍是马大,马大在过去四年都是冠军,他们在大决赛的正方辩题为“乱,因为太自由”,由国大担任的反方辩题则为“乱,因为不自由”。

大决赛在下午3时举行,经过两个小时的唇枪舌战,国大粉碎了马大五连冠的梦想,拿下冠军。

代表国大出战这场赛事的6名辩手中,有5名来自中国,1名来自大马。领队兼教练兰渝宏说,能获得冠军荣衔,实在让他们深感意外。

据了解,这是国大过去4年来最好的成绩,国大在去年和前年都夺得季军。

http://news.omy.sg/News/Local+News/Story/OMYStory200910061526-95846.html

Team NUS - 5 PRC, 1 Malaysian.

Aren't we proud of them? :biggrin:

ronaldinho

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing wrong

Never said Singapore team, it is the university team

Anyway nobody cares about all this except the students and the parents

90% of Singaporeans worry about money and where to find a quiet place to chill out

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Team NUS - 5 PRC, 1 Malaysian.

Aren't we proud of them? :biggrin:

I am so fucking proud that now a days, Singaporeans are represented by PRCs, Indians, Banglahs, Malaysians, Thailands, Vietnams....

Just walk around you...

when you go coffeeshops, you are greeted by a PRC cashier / attendant to get your MEE POK!!!

When you get up on the morning, you see Banglahs clearing up your trash, which you've thrown from your HDB.

When you go to visit a IT expert, you're greeted by an INDIAN, and when you make a phone call to SIA for booking services of air tickets you're also greeted by an INDIAN (maybe outsourced leh).

When you go to enjoy yourself in a Bar, you are greeted by Thai gals or Viet gals, depending on where you go, either THAI DISCO or VIETNAME DISCO...

and finally, when you're horny, you go to Geylang, and you decide to go with a PRC...

And when you go university, you'll see PRC, INDIANS, any race all over the world...

YES I AM very PROUD of the SINGAPOREAN "representatives"

basically all our functions are being systematically outsourced!!!

I am so proud that we have the entire SINGAPORE being outsourced!

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
too bad, the greater mortals and the kangaroo system cannot be outsourced.

Singaporeans have become PEONS, SERFS, SLAVES...

When you cannot afford it, you are forced to downgrade...

Greater Mortals and the Kangaroo System will be here long long time...

the SOME PIGS are MORE EQUAL than other PIGS applies in this picture...

I just wish that the SINGAPOREANS + SERVED NS ones and their family are given priority in their homes...

You know, it's like your father, invites some friends over and their friends children to your home, and your father ask you to give up your room, and beds, and ask you to sleep in the kitchen or living room....

and before you know it, you become the servants of your father's friends and relative....

how could your father do this to you??? isn't it the same, how could our Government overlook the feelings and sentiments of the Singaporeans who have protected Singapore by Serving NS, and contributed economically to Singapore?

jw5

Loyal
Whenever someone mentions the term "debate team", I can't help but think of Tan Cheng Yew.
What's happening to him now that he has been discovered in Germany?