• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NUS confers honorary doctorate to Lee Kuan Yew

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Dear Dr Lee,

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you for this remarkable achievement.

This shows that apart from a small minority of on line critics, the rest of Singapore, myself included, has huge respect for you and deeply appreciate what you have done for us.

You gave us our pride. You added value to our lives and our bank accounts. You put Singapore on a pedestal for the whole world to admire. For all this and more, I will always be eternally grateful.

I wish you many more good years to come. With you at the helm, I feel secure and confident that Singapore will rise to even greater heights.

Your loyal citizen,

Sam Leong.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear Dr Lee,

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you for this remarkable achievement.

This shows that apart from a small minority of on line critics, the rest of Singapore, myself included, has huge respect for you and deeply appreciate what you have done for us.

You gave us our pride. You added value to our lives and our bank accounts. You put Singapore on a pedestal for the whole world to admire. For all this and more, I will always be eternally grateful.

I wish you many more good years to come. With you at the helm, I feel secure and confident that Singapore will rise to even greater heights.

Your loyal citizen,

Sam Leong.

He is no longer at the helm, Mr Leong. And he is going to kick the bucket soon. How will you feel thereafter?

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
You obviously don't know how things work within the PAP. :rolleyes:
Old man about to expire. Can't even stand and speak properly. They even have to bring forward this ceremony and host it in istana, which is highly unusual. Only a photographer was there to take still photos.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe the photo of him is fake? Borrow from the Wax Museum.

Old man about to expire. Can't even stand and speak properly. They even have to bring forward this ceremony and host it in istana, which is highly unusual. Only a photographer was there to take still photos.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the pics it seems he has at least 30 years of life left in him.
Plenty of time to scoop up another dozen honorary doctorates.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Maybe it was his wish to obtain that particular honorary degree before he kicks the bucket.

It's like a virgin on a deathbed who wishes to have sex for the first time before dying. :biggrin:
Let's be gracious and let him have his wish. :cool:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Dr Lee,

Your loyal citizen,

Sam Leong.

Dear Leong, honorary degree means his is not a proper Dr. just a certificate.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe it was his wish to obtain that particular honorary degree before he kicks the bucket.

It's like a virgin on a deathbed who wishes to have sex for the first time before dying. :biggrin:
Let's be gracious and let him have his wish. :cool:

Problem is an old man virgin or old woman is too old to get that wish.

Lee can get any wish at any age

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Dr Lee,

Your loyal citizen,

Sam Leong.

You forgot to mention you penned the above in New Zealand where you reside after clearing your CPF accounts before Ho Ching could have a go at it. Lanjiaos of the same hypocrisy locked together. You and Lee Kuan Yew share the same moral DNA.

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Still waiting for the old man to take a whole load of post humous degrees. =D

Then..further down the road..we will have Pinky getting all the honorary PHD he wants.just like his father....

and this will make a mockery of our system that we have.

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congratulations for this latest accolade but think what is more meaningful to the great man himself is whether he is first in the hearts of his countrymen ...

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Haha. It's like printing your own degree. NUS is owned by LKY. One small squeak from LKY, NUS will make it happen.

Saddam Hussein also had lots of awards when he was in power. The late Ida Amin decorated himself so much that his uniform became a beauty to behold.:rolleyes: