• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NUS Biz Grad Finally Found Job After Sending Out 250 Resumes

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Today 01:27 PM
<!-- start: postbit_posturl -->
posted_0.gif
<!-- end: postbit_posturl -->
lvlrsSTI <!-- start: postbit_online --> <!-- end: postbit_online -->
Elite Member
<!-- start: postbit_avatar --> <!-- end: postbit_avatar -->
<!-- start: postbit_author_user -->Posts: 2,200 <!-- start: postbit_reputation -->
Reputation: 14 <!-- end: postbit_reputation --><!-- end: postbit_author_user -->

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

Hi

I have been "jobless" since June until now. Currently I am working part time at a US MNC in the chemical industry. I will start work with Apple next month.

This was what I had been doing for the past 5 months since graduating from NUS BBA:

I think I sent more 250 resumes, I lost count but thats about right there.

I went for numerous interviews and only a handful replied but no follow up after 2nd interview.

Within 1 month, I BUAY TA HAN and went applied for a part time job and started working in Orchard until Aug. The job was so busy I hardly had time to for anything else.

After than I took a 1 month break to "FULL FORCE" apply for full time job. And I successfully got a job at Apple and a job with Adobe and a job with the Civil Service as a Senior Officer.

This time, I took a long hard look in the mirror at myself, bloody hell I will get a full time job. Days before the interview I would study the company and the job nature like it was an exam.

Now I am temporarily doing part time at 60 per day in a US MNC waiting for December to come and I can start work Full time at Apple.

ADVICE: DONT GIVE UP, KEEP APPLYING AND APPLYING. FREE ONE! JUST APPLY!!! MIRACLE CAN HAPPEN!

Last edited:

AttilaTheHun

Alfrescian
Loyal
After than I took a 1 month break to "FULL FORCE" apply for full time job. And I successfully got a job at Apple and a job with Adobe and a job with the Civil Service as a Senior Officer.

This time, I took a long hard look in the mirror at myself, bloody hell I will get a full time job. Days before the interview I would study the company and the job nature like it was an exam.

Now I am temporarily doing part time at 60 per day in a US MNC waiting for December to come and I can start work Full time at Apple.

ADVICE: DONT GIVE UP, KEEP APPLYING AND APPLYING. FREE ONE! JUST APPLY!!! MIRACLE CAN HAPPEN!

This article is from the PAP IB machinery. To give you sinkies the false impression that jobs are available in sinkieland including the Civil Service. If you cannot find them, you did not try hard enough and you are losers. Period.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This article is from the PAP IB machinery. To give you sinkies the false impression that jobs are available in sinkieland including the Civil Service. If you cannot find them, you did not try hard enough and you are losers. Period.

Indeed. Or you are too choosy and unrealistic about your expectations, hence you need more hungry and driven FTs to join the workforce.

Remember, if you're a Sinkie, no matter what happens it's always your fault.

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed. Or you are too choosy and unrealistic about your expectations, hence you need more hungry and driven FTs to join the workforce. Remember, if you're a Sinkie, no matter what happens it's always your fault.

Some employers are just not interested to employ locals in their rank unless you are asking for very low pay. I just joined this company and am the only local in my sales team - 2 other PRCs, 1 Pinoy, 1 Malaysian and 1 UK FT. Another Indian FT is from IT Support. I can survive on low pay (hence got the job) but for many Sinkies who cannot because of their commitment they will be very jia lat ...

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi

I have been "jobless" since June until now. Currently I am working part time at a US MNC in the chemical industry. I will start work with Apple next month.

lianbeng congratz u! well done! :biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

wow!! bro..you are one very smart human being, i like it!!! will upzz you..please do more to wake up the sinkies..you are doing a very good deed.

Last edited:

AttilaTheHun

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow!! bro..you are one very smart human being, i like it!!! will upzz you..please do more to wake up the sinkies..you are doing a very good deed.

Thank you bro. Return your up.

There are many PAP IBs here. Only you have that wisdom to identify them very well.

MenghidupKehadapan

Alfrescian
Loyal
In time hopefully this grad will not limit their horizons to just Singapore.

As they say, no point fighting over a small island called Singapore. Instead of having PAP define your destiny, we all make it ourselves from the choices we make now.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thank you bro. Return your up.

There are many PAP IBs here. Only you have that wisdom to identify them very well.

hehehe... thank you and very welcome.. now you know why i often get the PAP paparazzi following me every second here.

AttilaTheHun

Alfrescian
Loyal
In time hopefully this grad will not limit their horizons to just Singapore.

As they say, no point fighting over a small island called Singapore. Instead of having PAP define your destiny, we all make it ourselves from the choices we make now.

Abang sudah lama tak jumpa, sibuk hantar pizza?

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some employers are just not interested to employ locals in their rank unless you are asking for very low pay. I just joined this company and am the only local in my sales team - 2 other PRCs, 1 Pinoy, 1 Malaysian and 1 UK FT. Another Indian FT is from IT Support. I can survive on low pay (hence got the job) but for many Sinkies who cannot because of their commitment they will be very jia lat ...

why do you want to survive on low pay?
you should be paid what the price is.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why do you want to survive on low pay?
you should be paid what the price is.

In the absence of a minimum wage law, wages have been artificially depressed, and the power of pay negotiation tilts the employer's way.

At least if you're single and childless, the impact of a lower pay is not that dire. I've seen plenty of working couples working until their faces become pale.