• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nurse Sues Doctor for $250K, because of sexual harassment by phone calls {-_-"}

Cloud

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
524220_10151047134513482_341510884_n.jpg

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2008/04/01/govt-says-hunt-still-blbi-debtors.html

http://www.pachealthholdings.com/site/documents/events/ANNOUNCEMENT%20OF%20APPOINTMENT%20-%20BENNY.pdf

Govt says hunt still on for BLBI debtors

The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Headlines | Wed, April 02 2008, 1:56 AM
A-AA+
The government is continuing attempts to find 23 bad debtors of the Bank Indonesia Liquidity Assistance (BLBI) fund, despite the fact some of them have escaped criminal investigations due to a lack of evidence.

"The government is pursuing both criminal and civil procedures to handle debtors who have yet to fulfill their obligations," Finance Minister Sri Mulyani Indrawati announced Tuesday at a plenary session at the House of Representatives.

Mulyani was reading out President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono's response to the House's second query into the government's efforts to resolve the BLBI scandal.

The government said it had imposed travel bans on eight of the debtors - Omar Putihrai and Lidia Muchtar (of Bank Tamara), Adisaputra Januardy and James Januardy (Bank Namura), Atang Latief (Bank Bira), Ulung Bursa (Bank Lautan Berlian), Marimutu Sinivasan (Bank Putera Multikarsa) and Agus Anwar (Bank Istismarat and Bank Pelita) - some of whom are believed to have already fled the country.

The government will also seize and auction the debtors' assets this year and has threatened to detain them if they fail to cooperate.

"We hope these measures will effectively force the debtors to fulfill their obligations immediately," Mulyani said.

Police and state prosecutors had launched investigations into alleged embezzlement involving 16 banks, but lacked evidence to charge 12 of them.

The Finance Ministry had been mandated, however, to pursue civil lawsuits against the owners of the 12 banks to recover state assets, Mulyani said.

The debtors are Santoso Sumali (Bank Metropolitan), Trijono Gondokusumo (Bank Putra Surya Perkasa), Santoso Sumali (Bank Bahari), Hengky Wijaya (Bank Tata), David Nusa Wijaya and Tarunodjojo (Bank Umum Servitia), I Made Sudiarta and I Gede Darmawan (Bank Aken), Dewanto Kurniawan, Royanto Kurniawan, Leo Polisa, Rasjim Wiraatmadja (Bank Deka), Hindarto Tantular and Anton Tantular (Bank Central Dagang), Andri Tedjadharma, PT Centris Mekarlestari, Prasetyo Utomo and Paul Banuara Silalahi (Bank Centris),
Kwan Benny Ahadi (Bank Orient), Sjamsul Nursalim (Bank Dewa Rutji) and Kaharudin Ongko (Bank Arya Panduartha).

The court sentenced Setiawan Harjono and Hendrawan Harjono from Bank Aspac to six months and one year in prison respectively.

The administration has also filed case reviews to have the Supreme Court overturn its verdicts that were in favor of debtors, including Fadel Muhamad of Bank Intan.

The Supreme Court ruled the government pay some Rp 23.5 billion to Fadel, who is the Gorontalo governor. The government said despite the court ruling, Fadel's debt to the state amounting to Rp 88.15 billion still stands.

Lawmaker Yuddy Chrisnandi of the Golkar Party faction hailed the administration for providing a more detailed explanation than its previous response at the plenary session Feb. 12 (which the House rejected). Chrisnandi regretted, however, the government's failure to set a deadline for the asset recovery. (alf)

Last edited:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good post laksaboy. Good finding skills too, found in today's edition of The Jakarta Post.

Yes - Singapore is a haven for Indonesian crooks. Guess who is the biggest crook in Singapore?

Birds of a feather flock together.

Who else do you think it was who built modern Singapore? Singaporeans? :biggrin:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good post laksaboy. Good finding skills too, found in today's edition of The Jakarta Post.

Yes - Singapore is a haven for Indonesian crooks. Guess who is the biggest crook in Singapore?

Birds of a feather flock together.

Who? I dare you to tell me the hard trruth! *chey*

darthboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
These doctors are scumbags anyway.

Google "pharmaceutical kickbacks to doctors". These doctors are paid for favoring certain brands of drugs.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hoh Law is one of the bigger firm specialized in insurance claims for personal injuries, motor accident, workmen comp.

Beside its office in town, It has several other across the island and one in JB.

A large proportion of its clients are foreign workers, Malaysians, Indians, bangala, Chinese. It even had its own hostel to house these clients while they wait for their claims to be settled.

They are known to take on insurance cases even if victim cannot afford to pay deposit. A deal with victim is struck by taking a certain percentage of the pay out, if successful.

They are known to have settled even hospitalisation and phone bills for victims if they view a favourable case. In the long run, sure make. From what I was told, such deals aren't proper. Can't recall the legal term for such acts. In the US, it is ok.

Jumong

Alfrescian
Loyal
From what I was told, such deals aren't proper. Can't recall the legal term for such acts. In the US, it is ok.

Contingency fee, Uncle.

Singapore lawyers are not permitted to charge contingency fees under the Legal Profession Act. In this regard, the Singapore Legal Aid Bureau has been established under the Legal Aid and Advice Act (Cap 160, 1996 Rev Ed) for the purposes of providing legal advice and legal services in civil matters to the needy.

http://www.singaporelaw.sg/content/LegalSyst.html

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
They are known to take on insurance cases even if victim cannot afford to pay deposit. A deal with victim is struck by taking a certain percentage of the pay out, if successful.

They are known to have settled even hospitalisation and phone bills for victims if they view a favourable case. In the long run, sure make. From what I was told, such deals aren't proper. Can't recall the legal term for such acts. In the US, it is ok.

Another firm that uses same MO is Vision Law, previously known as Radney Wong. The boss (Radney Wong of course) was charged for paying commission to a property agent. Not sure what happen to the case and whether he is still in practice.

Jumong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, 100% not this. Just can't recall what I was told many years ago by a lawyer.

Bro, contingency fee tio lah. I think you're thinking along the line of "party and party costs" or "solicitors and clients costs"....similan jiao I not sure.