• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nur Dianah's Article & the Big Guns of Humanity

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why are you so surprised? This is generally a typical attitude of an ethnic majority mindset in ANY society I should add. Have you seen an old hilarious yet poignant American film titled "Watermelon Man"? It is about an extremely bigotted white man who finds out the hard (and somewhat humorous) way what it's like being a black man, firsthand. I think you get my drift:wink:

However I should also add that the ethnic minorities likewise probably also generally hold certain stereotype/prejudices towards the ethnic majority as well. I guess this is human nature.

What amazes me in this thread is that people immediately assumed that she was asking for special privileges. I guess we are all not immuned to stereotyping.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, yes, yes.

Ironically I think Singaporeans were more united and inclusive in the 70s and early 80s, a concrete example being the Kallang Roar of consistently over 50k true born and bred Singaporeans of all races (I was one of them with my Dad, Grandad and brothers) cheering on the Lions made of true born and bred Singaporeans of all races from Eric Payne, Samad Alipitchai, Quah Kim Song, Mohd Noir and S Rajagopal to Fandi, not forgetting the late Uncle Choo as coach. And Singaporean generations X, Y, Z and beyond would do well to remember that true born and bred Singaporeans in the form of Wong Peng Soon;Ong Poh Lim and Ismail Marjan actually won All England and Thomas Cups for Singapore(Malaya) in the 50s.
Bro, completely agree with you. You could feel it in your bones. When Samad stood there, almighty with his gaze as stopper and Captian, he was our "leader". 70s and 80s were special - all the races intergrated on many levels. If we could do it then, why not now.

Interestingly when Towkay - Soh Chin Aun was Captain of Malaysia and Malacca, evreryone knew he was the man and the only man for the job.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those were the days when I would wear my Blue T with pride, more so than my Reds T or my White admiral/umbro England T:smile:

Curiously enough those were also the days when very few Malay gals wore the tudung on both sides of the causeway.

Bro, completely agree with you. You could feel it in your bones. When Samad stood there, almighty with his gaze as stopper and Captian, he was our "leader". 70s and 80s were special - all the races intergrated on many levels. If we could do it then, why not now.

Interestingly when Towkay - Soh Chin Aun was Captain of Malaysia and Malacca, evreryone knew he was the man and the only man for the job.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why are you so surprised? This is generally a typical attitude of an ethnic majority mindset in ANY society I should add. Have you seen an old hilarious yet poignant American film titled "Watermelon Man"? It is about an extremely bigotted white man who finds out the hard (and somewhat humorous) way what it's like being a black man, firsthand. I think you get my drift:wink:

However I should also add that the ethnic minorities likewise probably also generally hold certain stereotype/prejudices towards the ethnic majority as well. I guess this is human nature.
After getting much of them in the past & still getting some, watz so difficult to comphrehend?

nitecrawllerr

Alfrescian
Loyal
After getting much of them in the past & still getting some, watz so difficult to comphrehend?

Like one bro said, even we ourselves or the school children, especially the Majorities, cant even pronounce and sing the National Anthem correctly (in Malay language).

"We the citizens of Singapore. Pledge ourselves as ONE UNITED PEOPLE.
Regardless of RACE LANGUAGE OR RELIGION"???

United? Well, racism very much alive in Sillypore! Whether u like it or not. :rolleyes: