• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nuclear Weapons for Anyone??

rickws8437

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just saw the news this morning. Both Hilary Clinton and the Russian Foreign Minister said that while Iran is entitled to nuclear powered facilities, they are however not entitled to nuclear power weapons. Just wondering out loud who deciding who can have and who cannot have nuclear weapons.I meant both USA and Russia have nuclear weapons and they both decided that Iran is not entitled to have it.

Are we still living in a free world or are we being dictated on how to live by some higher power countries. I mean , not that I advocate wars and mass killing machines but shouldnt the same restrictions be imposed on everybody owning such weapons of mass drestructions.

Some ads say that earth is the only place we can survive in at the moment until we located another habitable planet. Shouldnt the responsibilty be spread evenly across to everybody.

The correct statement should be (EVERY COUNTRIES SHOULD BE ENTITLED TO NUCLEARED POWERED FACILITIES BUT NO COUNTRIES SHOULD BE ENTITLED TO NUCLEARED POWERED WEAPONS)

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think that only the US, Russia, Britain, France and China (permanent members of UNSC) are considered "entitled" to possess nuclear weapons. Many European countries, Japan, Canada, Australia etc. have civil nuclear power facilities, surely know how to make nuclear weapons but voluntarily declared their military non-nuclear. Some NATO allies are "semi-nuclear", i.e. their armies have no nuclear weapons, but the US may have stationed nuclear weapons in their terrirtories. Many former Soviet republics have inherited nuclear weapon stockpiles but also renounced and destroyed them or returned them to Russia.

Outside the "circle of entitlement", India, Pakistan and Israel have nuclear weapons. Once a country have nuclear weapons, it's very difficult and dangerous to try make them give it up, especially by threat or force. South Africa have successfully tested a nuclear bomb, but later voluntarily (or under persuasion by various) gave it up.

Like it or not, N. Korea has recently joined the ranks of India, Pakistan and Israel in the 2nd tier of nuclear powers. I have not doubt as to their ability nuke Tokyo or Osaka, even if it's going to be nationally suicidal considering the potential retaliation from the US. China is the main beneficially of Pakistan and N. Korean having nuclear weapons. They help create the balance of headaches for India, Japan and the US.

In Pakistan, the world already have an "Islamic bomb". But it's threatening range is around the Indian subcontinent only, not Middle East or Israel. If Iran or Iraq also have it, then Israel comes under real dangerous genocidal striking range.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just saw the news this morning. Both Hilary Clinton and the Russian Foreign Minister said that while Iran is entitled to nuclear powered facilities, they are however not entitled to nuclear power weapons. Just wondering out loud who deciding who can have and who cannot have nuclear weapons.I meant both USA and Russia have nuclear weapons and they both decided that Iran is not entitled to have it.

Are we still living in a free world or are we being dictated on how to live by some higher power countries. I mean , not that I advocate wars and mass killing machines but shouldnt the same restrictions be imposed on everybody owning such weapons of mass drestructions.

Some ads say that earth is the only place we can survive in at the moment until we located another habitable planet. Shouldnt the responsibilty be spread evenly across to everybody.

The correct statement should be (EVERY COUNTRIES SHOULD BE ENTITLED TO NUCLEARED POWERED FACILITIES BUT NO COUNTRIES SHOULD BE ENTITLED TO NUCLEARED POWERED WEAPONS)

Hello , you living in what world? 4th world?

Uncle Sam can project their power anywhere!

Park one nuclear aircraft carrier and it's armada at your sea front and you can start to starve when ships or planes cannot come in to send food to you!

This gives them the power to say, who should have what and who should not.

Is that clear?:biggrin:

jimmyfallon

Alfrescian
Loyal

The Non-Proliferation Treaty which Iran is a treaty member.

Japan is also a de facto nuclear bomb country.