• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NTUC behind time - $1.99 set meals when 1 cent coins no longer exist

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One cent coins have been out of commission since 2002, incidentally a time when Woman Entrepreneur of the Year 2000 Nanz Chong’s ONE.99 shop was considering raising prices of all items to $2. First set up in the Heeren, Orchard Road (circa 1997), ‘$1.99 for everything’ was a shrewd, ballsy gimmick at the time (Everything at $199 – in the heart of pricey Orchard Road? 6 July 1997, ST). That business eventually folded, though many other factors such as copycat competition may have brought the budget concept to its knees other than giving up on a ‘magical’ price tag. I personally wouldn’t buy my kitchenware at a TWO DOLLAR SHOP, though I would patronise a $2.99 store because of the illusion of ‘value’ that the numbers create, even if that doesn’t make any rational dollar sense at all.

- http://everythingalsocomplain.com/2012/06/02/1-99-set-meals-when-1-cent-coins-no-longer-exist/

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The manager of the store can pocket the extra 1 cent because not register as sale.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Do you actuaLLy take $1.99 reaLLy at face vaLue ? :confused:
Come on La, even a kid Knows it means $2 what ..:cool:

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yeah just take it as a $2 什菜饭. nobody would bother to get back that 1 cent change. besides it is no longer in circulation.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
her husband is a japanese ...and she is coping japanese 99 yen shop . not all biz tactics that work in japan will work in singapore . for her information ..99 yen shop in japan have tons of useful products to sell ..singapore $1.99 shop only have limited and useless products .

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
rewording N T U C, it would spell C-U-N-T.

CUNT is another hypocrite. do their grocery and etc cheaper? definitely NO! then what is the purpose of having a smelly CUNT a favorable advantaged position?

$1.99 is a form of hypocrisy when they could just price it $2. they pricing it $1.99 so that in theory it's "cheaper" than $2. the 1c difference to CUNT is as big as the bullock cart's wheel!

that's how NTUC should be spelled: C-U-N-T!

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
her husband is a japanese ...and she is coping japanese 99 yen shop . not all biz tactics that work in japan will work in singapore . for her information ..99 yen shop in japan have tons of useful products to sell ..singapore $1.99 shop only have limited and useless products .

I thought the lowest is 100 yen shop. Yup, the variety is wide and quality of products not too bad either. Anyway, there's Daiso in SG. $2 per item right?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
i shall state this probable copyright phrase b4 any minitoot could rant about it especially cuming from CUNT's lim suay suay.

1c saved fr per patron would total up alot of profit loss by CUNT in one day. if u add up the total numbers of months which add up to total numbers of years, CUNT would have made every patron save alot! dun you feel very rich patronising from CUNT? i feel so much richerer now, u know *wink, wink*

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I thought the lowest is 100 yen shop. Yup, the variety is wide and quality of products not too bad either. Anyway, there's Daiso in SG. $2 per item right?

no . the lowest is 99yen .

[video=youtube;cT3_ERIqdKc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT3_ERIqdKc[/video]

matthiasyeo1

no . the lowest is 99yen .

[video=youtube;cT3_ERIqdKc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT3_ERIqdKc[/video]

Hey bro drifter Im sorry to post in this irrelevant thread but I'm desperately looking for a leopard gecko in Singapore and you might be the only guy avail to help me. If you do could you contact me at [email protected] or at ninefour777three2three. I hope to hear from you soon bro drifter. Cheers!