• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NSmen and their families swim over 22,000 laps for charity

Pioneer

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/nsmen-and-their-families-swim-over-22000-laps-charity

NSmen and their families swim over 22,000 laps for charity

Sunday, Oct 06, 2013

SINGAPORE - More than 402 NSmen and their families pulled completed a total of 22,637 laps in six hours, setting a new record in the Singapore Book of Records.

This year's SAFRA Swim For Hope aimed to raise funds for the Community Chest.

Organised by SAFRA Tampines for the third year, the charity swim event also saw 43 father-and-child pairs participate in the newly introduced Dads for Life Father & Child Challenge to bond and contribute to the effort.

A total of $20,000 was raised and the funds will benefit children with special needs and youths at risk through three beneficiaries of the Community Chest, including Grace Orchard School, Association for Persons with Special Needs Katong School and the Youth Guidance Outreach Services Experiential Learning and Mentoring Programme (Woodlands).

Mr Koh Chaik Chuan is the winner in the individual category with a total of 306 laps, while the Dads for Life Father & Child category was won by Mr Chong Yew Keong (father) and Ray Chong Cheng Yew (son) with a total of 403 laps.

The winners won attractive prizes, including a 3D2N trip to Bintan Lagoon Resort for the top prize.

The previous Singapore record for the most number of laps swam in six hours was set at last year's SAFRA Swim For Hope with a total of 21,898 laps swam.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
well done
i am so proud of our saf
i am so proud of our ns boys
and i am so proud of singapore
majulah singapura!!!

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
well done
i am so proud of our saf
i am so proud of our ns boys
and i am so proud of singapore
majulah singapura!!!

Morning Kopi.

Likewise Im absolutely proud of those who couldn't give a flying fuck about this event.