• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NS not allow to sit on MRT???

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To be fair, laziness and hands-off-ness is not a Sinkie women trait. It is a Sinkie trait.

Just off the top of my head, how many Sinkie men know how to, and will willingly to do the following:
- fix a leaky sink
- change out a faulty door lock
- change a snapped dryer belt
- replace toilet cistern
I can add more, but you get the point.
I think everyone should go live a few years in a 1st world country where there is no cheap labour, where plumbers are $100 a pop. Then we will all know what our two hands are capable of.

Sorry for going off topic.

I have. It's very expensive to have someone else do it for you. Doing it yourself also ensures the quality of parts. Anyone who has done a renovation can tell you of how contractors will try to sneak in cheaper materials:(

Anyone going to Thailand may want to visit the hardware stores there. You will find that they have good products there at a price cheaper than what you find in Spore. In fact the "American Standard" bathroom fixtures are made in LOS.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Came across this funny posting

http://www.facebook.com/safconfession/posts/130138593831509

"Saw the post on auntie saying we're not allowed to sit on MRT.

I experienced the same thing too. There were only about 6 people, all adult male and 1 elderly male on the train cabin itself.
Too dam tired, I was sitting down on one of the seats in uniform when this auntie who boarded the train at Outram Park MRT told me off and say soldiers are not allowed to sit.
She also threatened to take picture of me and upload to stomp. All these while I kept my cool and turn a deaf ear to her naggings.

Luckily those police that patrols the train were in the adjacent cabin and strolled in on the commotion the auntie caused. The Sergeant scolded the auntie off saying we're soldiers and human and certainly are allowed to sit. Stop or they'll arrest her for harassing. Auntie was in shock and still talk back to the Sergeant saying we all are still soldiers, our job is to protect our country, and not sit on train, want sit down go take cab, don't stink up the entire train. I was about to burst out in anger when...

One old man who is sitting down burst out in anger and shouted at the auntie!
""You unappreciative piece of bimbo b*tch! MRT is for everyone, soldiers included! Everyone in this cabin here deserve to sit but you! Didn't even serve NS and want talk so much!? You don't even understand what all of us go through! We train to protect people like you!? Pui ah! Got war in SG I see you sure shoot you first! Useless b*tch!""

Everyone's giggling after hearing what the old man said, even the policemen too. That b*tch of an auntie was so embarrassed that she left the train at Queenstown MRT. The train ride was peaceful throughout and when it reaches Jurong East MRT, I stood up and salute the old man. He salute back and I left.

Never felt so appreciated in my life. Strangers stood up for me. Truly felt happy that I ain't serving to protect rotten and unappreciative people like that b*tch."

This reminds me of an incident which my brother related to me in 2008 when he was doing NSF. He was in his camouflage SAF uniform, tired after a hard day in camp...he went to a coffee shop to have his dinner, vegetarian rice...the aunty was so kind to him and said that he must be very tired doing his NS and gave him extra large portions of meat and vegetables..she said.."pitiful, must eat enough" my brother was so touched by her

Last edited:

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the past NS guys received a concession on the bus fares. Just curious do they still receive cheaper fares:confused:

this is clearly a joke.
all nsf should be allows to ride free from home to camp and camp to home.and of cos camp to camp.
protect the country and still pay deduct your allowance to pay riding to camp

this seriously need to be looked into

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is clearly a joke.
all nsf should be allows to ride free from home to camp and camp to home.and of cos camp to camp.
protect the country and still pay deduct your allowance to pay riding to camp

this seriously need to be looked into

True, i remember getting a concession card for travel from home to camp and vice versa. 600km by train twice a week.