• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NS Man died today after hit by falling tree during ICT

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
133644_10151071604417934_176658123_o.jpg

JUST IN: A Singapore Armed Forces Nat'l serviceman died today after a falling tree hit him during training at Lim Chu Kang

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NParks will say that it has nothing to do with them as the tree is on military ground and not under their jurisdiction. Insurance company will say that this is an act of god and hence there will not be any insurance payout.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NParks will say that it has nothing to do with them as the tree is on military ground and not under their jurisdiction. Insurance company will say that this is an act of god and hence there will not be any insurance payout.

He was serving his god....

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Crush by falling tree will standing!
This NS men really stupid of deaf cannot hear any sound. Sure have snap sound and have few sec to run.
1. He playing with phone(listen to music/talk to gf/play game......)
2. He really deaf>>> unlikely because will not qualify for NS training.
3. Only can said that he more stupid than animal/pig. Pig will run when hear tree snap sound.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

this is something i always worried about, injuries or death while wearing the green uniform seems like no cover by insurance. my agent a fellow reservist give me a template to use in order to claim for medical fee incur while wearing the green uniform. the story use in the template said i got hurt while playing basketball. liddat got insurance yet cannot claim because of saf, sibeh not fair.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This NS men really stupid of deaf cannot hear any sound. Sure have snap sound and have few sec to run.
3. Only can said that he more stupid than animal/pig. Pig will run when hear tree snap sound.

uncle, u not there so dont any-o-how speculate.

ppl die oready, show some compassion lah.

the report bery weird, the saf MO skipped the normal route of going to either gedong MC or Tengah MC, but from ama keng direct to NUH. also very strange to have a MO in field training, so the excerise must be conducted by many big shots.

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I was wondering that too, when I am in the jungle, any crackle, louder it is will get my attention or even smell... most likely have his Ipod etc..or whatever ear piece in his ears or playing with his tablets...

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
uncle, u not there so dont any-o-how speculate.

ppl die oready, show some compassion lah.

the report bery weird, the saf MO skipped the normal route of going to either gedong MC or Tengah MC, but from ama keng direct to NUH. also very strange to have a MO in field training, so the excerise must be conducted by many big shots.

That was why God acted...

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I'll support SAF to start purchasing a few hundred Brompton bikes to increase checks to prevent another case like this.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WATCH OUT FOR THAT TREE...

[video=youtube;X4hXdsVUnp4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4hXdsVUnp4[/video]

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was wondering that too, when I am in the jungle, any crackle, louder it is will get my attention or even smell... most likely have his Ipod etc..or whatever ear piece in his ears or playing with his tablets...

a sandurst gradute, high flyer type OC die in australia because of tree fell on the M113 he was in.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
maybe lor.. transport operator, not even combat vocation yet can die in field excerise. he sibeh sway...

During my time, our drivers are very street smart, not only they are conversant in recee & "siam" to 'tuan'...any falling things, or sounds or what, they hop in the vehicle & drive off faster than you can say "when"!

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
During my time, our drivers are very street smart, not only they are conversant in recee & "siam" to 'tuan'...any falling things, or sounds or what, they hop in the vehicle & drive off faster than you can say "when"!

there are many things in that article that i cannot believe. A bit to efficient to be believable. first how come got MO in the field, why SCDF ambulance was use instead of SAF. SAF SOP was always to go gedong MC or tengah MC first before the MO on duty decide to send to hospital. i somehow cannot believe SAF, who known to be more concern in covering up than saving soldier lives, can act so fast for the reservist. too good to be true.

funnyz

Alfrescian
Loyal
there are many things in that article that i cannot believe. A bit to efficient to be believable. first how come got MO in the field, why SCDF ambulance was use instead of SAF. SAF SOP was always to go gedong MC or tengah MC first before the MO on duty decide to send to hospital. i somehow cannot believe SAF, who known to be more concern in covering up than saving soldier lives, can act so fast for the reservist. too good to be true.

Obviously you are talking shit here.

In any battalion, there will be a MO with his medics in full troop exercises. As to why he was sent directly to NUH, there could be various reasons like the late serviceman blood pressure dropped to a life threatening level and the MO decided to send him to NUH, which is obviously the nearest govt hospital. If you have went to SAF medical centers before, you will know there are no operating theatre available, except for a few sick bays for chao kengs.

As to why SCDF ambulance was used, there is a SCDF Academy which is situated about 5 minutes drive from Ama Keng. I would advise you to stick with S-League as a punter.

funnyz

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are really a cheebye kia. Singaporean died while serving the Nation, yet you still can talk lan jiao way. Remember, what goes around comes around. Shame on you.