• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Now we know how policy decisions are made in SG! Thanks!

Areopagus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sunday Times

Nov 29, 2009

Morals and morale

Chinese class taught me values that I still live by today; English spelling gave me grief

By Lee Wei Ling
Recently, my father acknowledged that he made a mistake in deciding how Chinese should be taught in our schools.
I remember many years ago Mr Lim Kim San telling my father that if my brothers and I had not been able to cope with both Chinese and English, he would not have insisted that all ethnic Chinese students acquire an equal facility in both languages.