• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

'Not fast food anymore': Students leave without food after 1.5-hour wait at McDonald’s, Singapore News

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
www.asiaone.com
#McDonald's#fast food#Food and Beverage sector#F&Bshow all tags

'Not fast food anymore': Students leave without food after 1.5-hour wait at McDonald’s​

April 16, 2023published at 1:36 PMBySingapore
receiptmcdonalds.jpeg

What happens when fast food isn't fast anymore?
One woman took to Facebook to air her grievances about McDonald's, after her daughter's disappointing experience at the fast food giant's Khatib outlet.
Not only did the student and her friend endure a wait of more than 1.5 hours, they eventually had to leave without their food as they had to return to school for lessons.
In a post shared to the Complaint Singapore page on Friday (April 14), a user named Sherry Awie stated that the students had placed their orders at 12.30pm but at 1.45pm had still not received their meal.
mccomplaint.png
PHOTO: Screengrab from Facebook/Complaint Singapore
A photo of the receipt showed that they'd ordered a cheeseburger meal with criss-cut fries and a caramel frappe, along with a McFlurry.
"They approached the staff at the counter total of three times and was told to wait and wait and wait," Sherry shared.
But as the girls had to head back to school, Sherry added that "they left McDonald's without the food".
After learning about the unpleasant incident from her daughter, however, Sherry insisted that they return to the fast food outlet to show staff the receipt and ask for the food they'd paid for.
"Finally at 1.55pm [Mcdonald's staff] passed them their food. A 1.5 hour wait even during lunchtime is not acceptable," Sherry wrote, indicating that she had called McDonald's following the incident to demand an explanation.
In a sign that Sherry might not be alone in her experience, her post has since garnered more than 200 comments, with many netizens sharing in her unhappiness.
"This is not fast food anymore," wrote one commenter. "Slow food sia," echoed another.
Another stated that staff should have refunded them the money "instead of asking them to wait till infinity".
Many commenters also chimed in with their own encounters of poor service at "problematic outlets" belonging to the fast food chain, and offered possible explanations for the long wait.
problematicoutlets.jpg
macsystem.jpg
Others reminisced on a time when customers would be compensated when faced with a wait of longer than a few minutes.
within3mins.jpg
Yet one netizen thought it to be a point of national embarrassment, possibly alluding Singapore's reputation for efficiency.
AsiaOne has reached out to Sherry and McDonald's for more information.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have given up on McD since my kids grew up, due to its awful food and longer and longer waiting times .
If I feel like eating burgers , I normally go for Mosburger and usually laugh at the long wait and queue at the McD nearby.
Locals have been conditioned by PAP to wait for whatever they want, just look at the polyclinics, hawker centres , buses, up to 7 years wait for BTO etc. so businesses need not invest in more manpower or efficency to give quick service.
What world class -its world crass and ever wonder why most sinkies businesses do badly overseas?

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
McD and KFC food are so damn SALTY these days ! No wonder youngsters are getting high-blood pressure.

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have given up on McD since my kids grew up, due to its awful food and longer and longer waiting times .
If I feel like eating burgers , I normally go for Mosburger and usually laugh at the long wait and queue at the McD nearby.
Locals have been conditioned by PAP to wait for whatever they want, just look at the polyclinics, hawker centres , buses, up to 7 years wait for BTO etc. so businesses need not invest in more manpower or efficency to give quick service.
What world class -its world crass and ever wonder why most sinkies businesses do badly overseas?
Wait at Polyclinics?

You're lucky to even get a slot when the online booking opens the night before.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fast-food means you're supposed to eat your burgers fast. It does not mean your food is served quickly okay? :laugh:

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
In modern days, MCD is more affordable, at least got drink, fries and meat from burger.

For kids, lunch value meals is cheaper than eating at foodcourts.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Problem is lack of manpower. U go to any McDonald’s and u can see they are getting their staff to go out to hand out leaflets to recruit ppl. Sinkies too spoilt to the core to do this job.

So don’t blame McDonald’s. If u want, write to your MP to allow more foreigners to come in to do this job.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Problem is lack of manpower. U go to any McDonald’s and u can see they are getting their staff to go out to hand out leaflets to recruit ppl. Sinkies too spoilt to the core to do this job.

So don’t blame McDonald’s. If u want, write to your MP to allow more foreigners to come in to do this job.
For fast food chains, old uncles and aunties cook.
The handsomes and pretties will take order and serve. Even Mac hires very beautiful viet ladies to work these days.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The gold standard of the McDonalds experience was the one at the old King Albert Park.

No delays, and you would never encounter overly salted or burnt fries.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Issit because they had to wait for a muud staff to cook the halal beef patties and non pork bacon?

Must wait a bit longer cos they fasting and cannot touch food issit ?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Issit because they had to wait for a muud staff to cook the halal beef patties and non pork bacon?

Must wait a bit longer cos they fasting and cannot touch food issit ?
Give better salary, pay weekly wages. Not based on month, and deliveroos like me may consider.