• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Nostalgia hokkien words used

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got 1 nostalgia hokkien rhyme

Lung dee a jia
(People eating)
Lee dee a how
(While you crying)
Lung po yee
(People carrying him)
Lee po gao
(While you carrying dog)
Lung zer yee keo
(People sit chair)
Lee zer phua poon dao
(While you sit a broken dustbin)
Lung koon merng cherng teng
(People sleep on top of bed)
Lee koon toa merng kao
(While you sleep on the door entrance)

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Paiseh I forgotten all these liao.
My late dad told me before.

I remember got many roads is by km ko.
Like How many ko
Reference point if I remember correctly is at the Clifford pier there ?

Hope some ah lau samster can share :geek:
I think 小坡 is North Bridge Rd
大坡 is South Bridge Rd. Tio Bo.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those geylang pimp knows a lot of very nostalgia hokkien words. The jiang hu hokkien .
Eg they describe the chicken body as kay see (which is furniture in hokkien) :o-o:
They told me this particular chicken can make the bed tam log log. I can't communicate much with them because of their jiang hu hokkien deem too complex for me. :o-o:
Kopi tiam ah lau also buay kaw yee nang lai.

Last edited:

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
So we have the normal home spoken hokkien, the lao hokkien which is spoken by your forefathers and the jiang hu lingo hokkien used by the jiang hu people .

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ong kay - Real Madrid aka huang ma
Used by lao hero football punters
Once I was at geylang coffeeshop watching a live match of real Madrid.
I then learnt/heard this new word ong kay from 1 of the barbarian bookie.
I wonder if is other teams what kind of lingo will he say :o-o:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Once I was at geylang coffeeshop watching a live match of real Madrid.
I then learnt/heard this new word ong kay from 1 of the barbarian bookie.
I wonder if is other teams what kind of lingo will he say :o-o:
Ong kay 皇家 royal Real

I am seriously doubting your bonafides as an unker

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ong kay 皇家 royal Real

I am seriously doubting your bonafides as an unker
I don't read Chinese newspaper at all and don't know much Chinese words in writings :confused: and I scored d7 chinese in gce o level after a retake :notworthy:
Also I'm a sbfuncle but not a kopi tiam uncle :wink:

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't read Chinese newspaper at all and don't know much Chinese words in writings :confused: and I scored d7 chinese in gce o level after a retake :notworthy:
Also I'm a sbfuncle but not a kopi tiam uncle :wink:
What is a sbfuncle and what is a kopi tiam uncle ? :geek:

Here is my humble definition although both appear to be the same but they are totally different.
Kopi tiam uncles are mostly stupid sinkies. They mostly doesn't have much education and poor with money mgt . They have very powerful spoken hokkien and mostly are Chinese educated seniors and you can always see them carrying a wan bao or xin min. Tcss with beer aunties etc
Even those that are English educated mostly will have something in common I.e. they all barely have 3 gce o level passes and from arts stream in sec sch.

Now sbfuncle is totally a different matter :geek:
Although sbfuncle English is not so good, and Chinese lang both not good, but other subjects sbfuncle top in class all the time which puts sbfuncle in the top tier be it in school or the workplace :geek:
Sbfuncle also very good with money mgt and analytical skills (not say only but done it with proven results from various aptitude tests)

Both kopi tiam uncle and sbf uncle can be present at the same coffeeshop or sg pool outlets/turf club at the same time looking almost the same, but they are not the same at all .:geek:

Last edited:

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is a sbfuncle and what is a kopi tiam uncle ? :geek:

Here is my humble definition although both appear to be the same but they are totally different.
Kopi tiam uncles are mostly stupid sinkies. They mostly doesn't have much education and poor with money mgt . They have very powerful spoken hokkien and mostly are Chinese educated seniors and you can always see them carrying a wan bao or xin min. Tcss with beer aunties etc
Even those that are English educated mostly will have something in common I.e. they all barely have 3 gce o level passes and from arts stream in sec sch.

Now sbfuncle is totally a different matter :geek:
Although sbfuncle English is not so good, and Chinese lang both not good, but other subjects sbfuncle top in class all the time which puts sbfuncle in the top tier be it in school or the workplace :geek:
Sbfuncle also very good with money mgt and analytical skills (not say only but done it with proven results from various aptitude tests)

Both kopi tiam uncle and sbf uncle can be present at the same coffeeshop or sg pool outlets/turf club at the same time looking almost the same, but they are not the same at all .:geek:
Now when you put a kopitiam uncle together with a sbfuncle, what will happen ? :eek:
Eg when they are put together in a coffeeshop or a betting outlet?
It will mostly end with the sbfuncle doing the arm chio :biggrin:
Because of the stupid things/bets done or said or comments by the kopitiam uncle :geek:
Of course sbfuncle only can arm chio or else will kana beaten up lor.