• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nokia 'on a burning platform - CEO warns. May sack 50% of management team

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
My first cellphone was a Nokia, back in the early 1990s. The last Nokia I had was in 2005. And in between, I've always had Nokia cellphones. That stopped in 2005 when I had problems with my phone. Their customer service is one of the worst, and I've had to make multiple trips to their service centre. And in the end, I switched to Samsung. I love Samsung!

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just realise your right:o

However it's good quality plastic because after all these years I don't see any scratches, or maybe because its all black.

My only complaint is that the battery life is getting shorter. May consider the W890i when I decide to replace it. :smile:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/replacement-3-7v-700mah-li-ion-battery-for-se-w205-w300-w302-w395c-w595c-more-36208

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/japod-bst-33-replacement-1050mah-li-ion-battery-for-sony-ericsson-j100-w300-w850-more-19933

see if any of the above fits. Buy 3 or more and you get a discount.

Disclaimer: I'm not working for the website. Just a frequent customer.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
see if any of the above fits. Buy 3 or more and you get a discount.

Thanks but none fit my phone.

I don't think I'll get a 3rd party battery, after my experience with getting a 3rd battery for a Nokia. The batteries charge time was noticeably shorter than the original.

Seeing that a battery only needs to be replace once in 5 years. Buying genuine SE battery is a small price to pay to avoid potential disappointment.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks but none fit my phone.

I don't think I'll get a 3rd party battery, after my experience with getting a 3rd battery for a Nokia. The batteries charge time was noticeably shorter than the original.

Seeing that a battery only needs to be replace once in 5 years. Buying genuine SE battery is a small price to pay to avoid potential disappointment.

Fair enough, you might be surprise by the performance of these batteries. I replaced the one in my Nokia a few years back with noticeable improvement. Did you try any of the mobile shops in Far East etc? I replaced the battery in chinatown over here. I also noticed they are still selling the Nokia 8800 after so many years. Perhaps you can find the same model somewhere in Singapore.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did you try any of the mobile shops in Far East etc? I replaced the battery in chinatown over here. .

Actually got it from MBK in Bangkok. It was cheap & not really a loss :smile:

For my SE there shouldn't be a problem alot of SE dealers around Spore

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ahead of the big day, there have been a flurry of rumours about what to expect, including a report by German weekly WirtschaftsWoche that Elop plans to sack half of Nokia's management.

They woke up and discover their precarious situation, and admit that there is crisis looming. At least they know who was responsible for this and did the right thing to 'kill' correctly. They are not like many management CB KIAs who takes fat pay with responsibility to lead and steer the company/organisation yet always take the most no-balls easy way out to save their arses by axing low level workers. Low level workers only execute the orders and direction planned out by the management. They failed to do their job and then sacrifice the rice bowls of low-paid workers so that they can still maintain their bloody cars, houses and luxurious lifestyles. They are parasites and scumbags of the society. :mad:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nokia made in Finland, their people are called Finished!

Nokia/Motorola/SonyE all will soon phase out.

Yesterday once more(Carpenter)

iPOD iPOD iPOD iPOD.....Nokia/Motorola/SonyE all will soon phase out become
dinasaur!!!

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Don't worry, Nokia won't be finished so easily.

They may just go back to their original business, i.e Pulp Mill.

:biggrin:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My first cell phone was the nokia 3210. Bulky and definitely didn't look good next to those motorola startacs and ericsson phones.

I had to switch the battery to make it slimmer but sacrifice call time. Nowadays who doesn't use a phone with no color screen?

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
They woke up and discover their precarious situation, and admit that there is crisis looming. At least they know who was responsible for this and did the right thing to 'kill' correctly. They are not like many management CB KIAs who takes fat pay with responsibility to lead and steer the company/organisation yet always take the most no-balls easy way out to save their arses by axing low level workers. Low level workers only execute the orders and direction planned out by the management. They failed to do their job and then sacrifice the rice bowls of low-paid workers so that they can still maintain their bloody cars, houses and luxurious lifestyles. They are parasites and scumbags of the society. :mad:

Well said,and especially true in Singapoore with NO responsibility & accuntability & LOYALTY valued above everything else.

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
he's right. symbian sux balls. they should try merging with samsung or sell themselves to microsoft . hahhahahah.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
NOw they are coporating with MS on higg level basis !

Now all Nokia phone will be working on MS SHIT, it a die die situation for them. I just don like the way Windows 7 is being design and put into Mobile Phone. The design look so dead.

Rest in peace Nokia. Last time round, Nokia won because of the stupid Antenna on the Ericsson phone. They refuse to take out the Antenna. The SW also plays a big part.