• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nobody gives attention to Singapore?

Mercury

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have any of you notice that aside from Singaporean themselves nobody else really mentions or talks about Singapore? Japan and Korea always get many attention by other Asians, Europeans, Africans, Americans ect usually because of their music, movies, country, culture. China get's talked a lot aswell too though it's ussually for the negative reasons such as human rights abuse or communism. Hong Kong and Taiwan get's some attention from other countries to an certain extend both for the good or bad reasons. But when it comes to Singapore it's like nobody gives a damn or pay attention to em, accept for Singaporean ethnic Chinese or PRC Chinese, or malay and Indian.

Mercury

Alfrescian
Loyal
Compare the HK being insulted by PRC Chinese professor as dog with Singaporean being insulted by PRC scholar. Those HK youtube videos get's hundreds thousands to millions of hits and get talked a lot by others, but when the same thing happens for Singapore there's like only few thousand youtube views, barely any comments. It seems to the only people who gives a damn about Singaporeans are Singaporean themselves.

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some foreigners even thought that Singapore is part of China. Anyway it's going to be so in the not too distant future.

maxpower

Alfrescian
Loyal
In HK and Sk they dont even report the STI closing numbers.

So much for the trillion dollar financial sector.

When I am away I am so starved of Singapore news, are we really even a little red dot? or smaller?

Last edited:

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have any of you notice that aside from Singaporean themselves nobody else really mentions or talks about Singapore? Japan and Korea always get many attention by other Asians, Europeans, Africans, Americans ect usually because of their music, movies, country, culture. China get's talked a lot aswell too though it's ussually for the negative reasons such as human rights abuse or communism. Hong Kong and Taiwan get's some attention from other countries to an certain extend both for the good or bad reasons. But when it comes to Singapore it's like nobody gives a damn or pay attention to em, accept for Singaporean ethnic Chinese or PRC Chinese, or malay and Indian.

No, I have not noticed.

You talk as though you have been to all the countries in Asia and the world. How many countries have you visited lately or in your whole life?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkieland and sinkies in general have delusions of grandeur....brain washed by our dear leader founding father.

Mercury

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, I have not noticed.

You talk as though you have been to all the countries in Asia and the world. How many countries have you visited lately or in your whole life?

LMAO dude, you don't need visit any countries. You only need to go to youtube an see for yourself, hardly anyone talks about Singapore. It's almost as if Singapore identity is invisible in the world.

callmebad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sad to say,this is the reality.
Outsiders don't give a damn about Singapore.
Some said ,we're only just a little red dot.
Well, unlike in the US, we don't have any inventions or innovations that can improve people's lives.
We don't have anything that cause other people to be crazy about.
We don't have anything that people can't do without with.
If one day, we are being 'swallowed' by others, no one will give a damn, no one will cry for us!

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you live on another planet?

Chevron, one of the oldest and largest oil companies in the world, use S'pore in its latest global advertisement

Indian banks are selling a high class lifestyle using Singapore as their backdrop

Washington Post has a report on how the world can learn from Singapore

ALL THESE HAPPENED after Singapore's economy rebounded as the FASTEST GROWING in the world, HELPED BY THE 880,000 PRCs HERE!!!

callmebad

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh yes, yes, the world can learn a lot from Singapore
give politicians the highest paid so they won't corrupt
install ERP tolls to charge vehicles that enter CBD
or, and also to use COEs to control car population
oh yes, to sue opposition politicians until they bankrupt which Cambodia's Hun Sen is trying to copy

Mercury

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you live on another planet?

Chevron, one of the oldest and largest oil companies in the world, use S'pore in its latest global advertisement

Indian banks are selling a high class lifestyle using Singapore as their backdrop

Washington Post has a report on how the world can learn from Singapore

ALL THESE HAPPENED after Singapore's economy rebounded as the FASTEST GROWING in the world, HELPED BY THE 880,000 PRCs HERE!!!

No.. I don't live in another planet, I'm a earthling.

I know all about that but it still doesn't change the fact that other people don't talk about Singapore.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal

I know all about that but it still doesn't change the fact that other people don't talk about Singapore.

Simply there's nothing to talk about. What do you suggest you want to hear and people should be talking about??

HellBoy

Alfrescian
Loyal
You forget to add the "increase GST to help the poor".
oh yes, yes, the world can learn a lot from Singapore...

Singapore is not important to the rest of the world as some singaporean think. And no, most people from the rest of the world don't have a high regard for LKY or care for his opinon (of how the rest of the world should function). In asia, they care about what china leaders are thinking.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's there to talk about? Sinkies produce nothing of value to the rest of the world. Sinkieland is, as I've argued ad nauseam, just a parasite of the world economy. Who gives a shit about parasites? :rolleyes:

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sad to say,this is the reality.
Outsiders don't give a damn about Singapore.
Some said ,we're only just a little red dot.
Well, unlike in the US, we don't have any inventions or innovations that can improve people's lives.....

How come I was in US - and Japan - and the people seem to know Singapore is a great port with a great leader?
We must have visited different planets!

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why are you so fixated on wanting people to talk about you or Singapore?
Are you suffering from attention deficit disorder?

You must learn to appreciate "no news is good news" and "silence is golden"

You want people to chit-chat about you? No problem - choose one below:
Bomb blast in Syria
Poisoned cabbage and milk in China
Nuclear radiation in Japan
Schoolboy gunned down students in US school
Ex-President in --- jailed for corruption
Train smashed into stationary train killed commuters
Test flight aircraft crashed into mountain.
Aung San Chee Soon Juan becomes PM
Another escape by Mat Selamat

Orion

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come I was in US - and Japan - and the people seem to know Singapore is a great port with a great leader?
We must have visited different planets!

Try asking them where is Singapore, they will tell you it is near China lol

Borat

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no absolute reason for the rest of the world wanting to pay attention to this little red dot as nothing newsworthy usually happens. I have been in and out of Singapore and traveled extensively and in countries that speak the languages I understand, so many events are happening on their own turf that they are consumed with their own news, what more a tiny fiefdom thousands of miles away? TS is too full of self-importance to believe the world revolves around him and his country.