• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Noble......heading towards S$0.10??

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Recall on muddy waters report on being worth 10cents. Closed at 41.5 cents today. Approaching 2008 low of 29.8 cents......turnaround soon????

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Phillip, CIMB, UOB Impose Trading Curbs on Noble Group’s Shares
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...advance-to-record-as-company-defends-finances

Phillip Securities Pte, UOB-Kay Hian Holdings Ltd. and CIMB Group Holdings Bhd. restricted online trading and imposed other curbs on Noble Group Ltd. shares as volatility rose. The stock posted its first gain in seven days.

Phillip Securities will limit Noble trading to phone orders through its brokers. CIMB is asking clients buying more than S$200,000 ($142,470) of the Singapore-traded stock to pay cash upfront, according to trader Ernest Lim. At UOB, a 50 percent cash down-payment is required for purchases above S$50,000, dealer Jimmy Ho said.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Phillip, CIMB, UOB Impose Trading Curbs on Noble Group’s Shares
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...advance-to-record-as-company-defends-finances

Phillip Securities Pte, UOB-Kay Hian Holdings Ltd. and CIMB Group Holdings Bhd. restricted online trading and imposed other curbs on Noble Group Ltd. shares as volatility rose. The stock posted its first gain in seven days.

Phillip Securities will limit Noble trading to phone orders through its brokers. CIMB is asking clients buying more than S$200,000 ($142,470) of the Singapore-traded stock to pay cash upfront, according to trader Ernest Lim. At UOB, a 50 percent cash down-payment is required for purchases above S$50,000, dealer Jimmy Ho said.

I believe the trading house must have known something that the public is not aware of to impose such requirement.

Reminds the recent blumont, liongold with such imposition the shares are now languishing penny stocks......

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your prophecy came right
Their rights-issue is 0.11 right?

Benchmark Noble with Olam, one with the Godfather or Godmother, the other without the Godfather or Godmother.

My prophecy for Olam doesn't seem quite right...all because Temesek prove me wrong...

Temesek also prove Muddywater wrong.

Muddywater rates Olam a high risk of failure. But they have to just shut up for the past 3 years.

Is it fair to use tax payer money to prop up a company.?

There is little clarity on this.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
noble is what?oil and gas company?all sg companies are worthless,they should stick to reit business and rent seeking,like keppel reit.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah run, not sure what's the math when after ex rights what will be the theoretical pricing assuming Friday close of 0.25+0.11 = 0.36 and 0.36/2=0.18..........

should be correct bro if there's not outstanding dividends.
and it depends on the share price on the last day before rights issued.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard from some fund managers saying that, when a company issues rights at a deep discount, most probably is that the company is in trouble as it wants to raise funds without having to borrow from a bank or instititution. secondly, a company issues rights will dilute the overall shares in the market. thus, dividend will be divided by more shares. so its best to not touch a company that issues rights

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I heard from some fund managers saying that, when a company issues rights at a deep discount, most probably is that the company is in trouble as it wants to raise funds without having to borrow from a bank or instititution. secondly, a company issues rights will dilute the overall shares in the market. thus, dividend will be divided by more shares. so its best to not touch a company that issues rights

Saw on Bloomberg, the overall shares available is 6.53billion shares. With 1 for 1 rights, will be more than 13 billion shares ex rights.....

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw on Bloomberg, the overall shares available is 6.53billion shares. With 1 for 1 rights, will be more than 13 billion shares ex rights.....

13 billion shares was ok in the past.
But now, even if all is peaceful
once the share price is lower than 20 cents for a period of time, SGX will force a share-merge
(Note that the rights-issue price is only 11cents, we do not know the theoretical ex-price until the day that Noble rights are issued)

Technically share-merge does not affect your investment value
BUT FUCKING BULLSHIT, because of the stupid senseless policy
countless counters lost 30-60% of the their values overnight after share merged in the past 18 months
because share-merge reduce liquidity.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It is obvious right?.....the 'ship' is already sinking....& it is still marketing it as a 'seaworthy' one....I won't pay for the rights....if I own the shares.....the underwriter of the issue...will become the 'undertaker' soon....:biggrin:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal

Simply put they've run out of avenues from raising capital-be they loans, bonds, asset sales etc. Not sure why they didn't issue rights when the price was a lot higher because your capital requirement projections for the financial year would have set off alarms given the dire scenario of the commodity sector.
Before Muddy Waters report, I didn't even hear a squeak from the local banking and financials analysts and experts over this counter. Just goes on to show they can't tell shit from clay.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is obvious right?.....the 'ship' is already sinking....& it is still marketing it as a 'seaworthy' one....I won't pay for the rights....if I own the shares.....the underwriter of the issue...will become the 'undertaker' soon....:biggrin:

Rights-issue can buy time but does not reduce their debt burden.
If Chinese government or Temasek becomes their majority shareholder,
I think their borrowing cost will be significantly reduced.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
13 billion shares was ok in the past.
But now, even if all is peaceful
once the share price is lower than 20 cents for a period of time, SGX will force a share-merge
(Note that the rights-issue price is only 11cents, we do not know the theoretical ex-price until the day that Noble rights are issued)

Technically share-merge does not affect your investment value
BUT FUCKING BULLSHIT, because of the stupid senseless policy
countless counters lost 30-60% of the their values overnight after share merged in the past 18 months
because share-merge reduce liquidity.

Well run, most likely is after the rights excercise, give it 6 months or so, they will do a reverse stock split. 13 billion to 1.3 billion....

Price from s$0.18 to s$1.8 but your shares will be from qty of 100k to 10k.

But everybody is happy their share price is now s$1.80, no more penny stock, no........ Hahahaha.