• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

No more Barbarella, Leticia and Lulu

beetoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
RT @imMichelleChong: "So what's this I hear about Mediacorp's Higher Management banning me from playing Barbarella from now on? 有本事就不要怕!"

https://twitter.com/imMichelleChong/status/345445163763630080

http://sg.entertainment.yahoo.com/b...91.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

RIP ‘Noose’ stars Barbarella, Leticia and Lulu
Singapore Showbiz - 35 mins ago

Seems like this is the end of the road for Barbarella, Leticia Bongnino and Lulu.

The much-loved characters of breakout Channel 5 comedy hit "The Noose", all played by Singapore host/actress/director, Michelle Chong, seem to have met an untimely death.

Chong (@immichellechong) tweeted on Friday afternoon, "So what's this I hear about Mediacorp's Higher Management banning me from playing Barbarella from now on?"

The 36-year-old quickly followed that up with "They not gonna sell character license to anyone to use my characters anymore so no more Barbs, Leticia, Lulu etc anywhere." She added in Mandarin, "there's no need to be afraid if you have the ability".

So what's this I hear about Mediacorp's Higher Management banning me from playing Barbarella from now on? 有本事就不要怕!

— Michelle Chong (@imMichelleChong) June 14, 2013

They not gonna sell character license to anyone to use my characters anymore so no more Barbs, Leticia, Lulu etc anywhere. — Michelle Chong (@imMichelleChong) June 14, 2013

Yahoo! Singapore understands that a disagreement between Michelle Chong and Mediacorp senior management led to her leaving "The Noose" after Season 5.

Season 6, which started airing in April, does not feature Chong.

However, Chong continued to portray the much-loved characters in a series of property ads such this one.

As MediaCorp "own" and have the rights to those characters, it seems like Chong -- or anyone else for that matter -- will no longer be allowed to portray those characters in public anymore.

Which is a shame because Chong and her characters were a big part of why the Emmy-nominated "The Noose" was the best thing to come out of Channel 5 in recent years.

Chong, a former Asian Television Awards Best Comedy winner, has since branched out into directing with her first feature film, Already Famous, in 2011. She also has her own film production company and last year, started her own artiste management agency.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As a big Michelle chong fansi, I have to say Already famous was a terrible movie.. even the lianbang accent could not save her.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Media Corp. How fuck up can you get :mad:

You are letting go an accomplished local talent but keeping a foreign trash Quan Yi Fong that should have been fired long time ago.

Wikipedia:
In 1996, Quan was fined $1000 after a fight with a bowling alley assistant.

In 2010, Quan was accused of abusing a taxi driver. It was alleged that she was angry that the taxi driver did not help with loading her luggage onto the taxi and throwing her forward while making a sharp turn. She supposedly alighted, kicked the car door and then kicked the taxi driver in the groin.
She subsequently lock herself in the taxi and messed the taxi up. She had hired Subhas Anandan to represent her after the incident.
She was charged with two counts of mischief and one count of using criminal force.

On 29 Dec 2011, Quan Yi Feng was sentenced to 15 months probation in Court. Quan was charged with damaging a taxi meter, pulling out the receipt printer of a cab and spilling water on the receipt printer.
Two other charges - of kicking the right passenger door of the taxi, and pushing and attempting to kick the 53-year-old cabbie - were also been taken into consideration.

She has to attend psychological therapy and counselling sessions as part of her probation.

Last edited:

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
that's micheel's karma punishment for wasting money on 2nd rate taiwan FT for her movie. now mediacock will hire a real chinaman and filipino to make clones of the original charas...

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mediacorp's pro-FT policy (it takes its instructions from you-know-who) probably frowned upon Michelle Chong's lampooning of the various foreigner stereotypes.

SamSengKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Mediacorp's pro-FT policy (it takes its instructions from you-know-who) probably frowned upon Michelle Chong's lampooning of the various foreigner stereotypes.

Exactly...MDA is likely to pass an edict to stop! hahaha....so predictable.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MDA and Mediacorp probably prefer this kind of 'let's integrate with the FTs' kind of tv program.

There's an agenda, and you know it.

[video=youtube;erkIv7shFKc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erkIv7shFKc[/video]

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
a stupid character anyway. why waste taxpayers money on this bimbo character which only serves to divide the nation!

good decision by MDA

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
The last time I watched anything from Mediacock was around 10yrs back after that its internet TV all the way. Did I miss anything? Is she good this Michelle?

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
The last time I watched anything from Mediacock was around 10yrs back after that its internet TV all the way. Did I miss anything? Is she good this Michelle?

You didn't miss much. All that Mediacock produces is crap, especially Channel 8 ones. But to be fair to Michelle Chong, she can be considered best among the worst lah. She can bring on some giggles with her portrayal of the typical dumb civil servants and foreign workers. As someone already said here, she probably got banned from playing these characters because of the "ponding" reference. It reinforces how how petty and vindictive the PAP is, which are traits imparted by the Old Fart himself.

goldenmonkey

Alfrescian
Loyal
You didn't miss much. All that Mediacock produces is crap, especially Channel 8 ones. But to be fair to Michelle Chong, she can be considered best among the worst lah. She can bring on some giggles with her portrayal of the typical dumb civil servants and foreign workers. As someone already said here, she probably got banned from playing these characters because of the "ponding" reference. It reinforces how how petty and vindictive the PAP is, which are traits imparted by the Old Fart himself.

She got herself a new role - a hen. Killing the chicken and scare the monkey.
The regime will be gaining on the negative social media right up till the next GE.
Sterotyping, racism, jokes on government failure will not be tolerated.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
understand she left the Noose after some dispute and now capitalising her characters with advertising income but problem is that the rights to her characters are vested with mediacorpse. No win-win...

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spot on. Every time if I happen to see this CCB QYF, I will start cursing and switch channel. Just sick of watching her hypocrite face.

You are letting go an accomplished local talent but keeping a foreign trash Quan Yi Fong that should have been fired long time ago.

jw5

Loyal
Spot on. Every time if I happen to see this CCB QYF, I will start cursing and switch channel. Just sick of watching her hypocrite face.

I'm beginning to feel the same way. She is becoming like the female version of Gurmit to me.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
mediacorpse kills babarella, leticia and lulu

yep, they killed michelle chong. they killed creativity.

from shin min news, michelle is placed in cold storage by mediacorpse zombies.

Shin Min Daily News

疑因辞演新传媒5频道的综艺节目,本地女艺人庄米雪遭新传媒“封杀”,禁止她以节目中的经典角色,出席商演或接广告代言!