• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

No integrity Goh Meng Seng taking credit for Marine Parade when its not his idea????

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
here he claim credit for Marine parade...

Hindsight is always 101%. :smile:

I don't remember anyone recommending or crying out loud to get Nicole to stand for elections. But I did, not only once but twice. Nobody believes that Marine Parade is a good ground and Uncle Goh is not that popular that many make him out to be. I even told reporters that Uncle Goh's popularity is a myth even before nomination day... of course, they didn't dare to report. :smile:

Anyone of you dare to predict a 35% to 40% for opposition team contesting in Marine Parade prior to nomination day? I did and I told Nicole and friends. Naturally, disbelief was the rule of the day.

Of course, NSP team performs much better than my predictions and the rest is history.

That is the difference between hindsight and foresight.

Goh Meng Seng

and here he again say he is the 1 who is not fooled by GCT' Myth of popularity

Well, we also don't need to be "courteous" but utterly frank: the only way to do this is to send third rate GRC teams around, hoping that the WP Hammer brand itself can hold the ground.

In terms of strategy, I don't think WP has good strategies at all. They should have contested in MP but just because strategically, they have been fooled by GCT' Myth of popularity.... But fair enough, that's karma.

Goh Meng Seng

Basically, Marine Parade is our "hidden card". Sebastian has spent lots of effort in cultivating Macpherson when it was a SMC, knocking three rounds of doors.

Some have asked me whether we had planned to go to MP prior to all negotiations, actually yes. It was an IDEAL TRAINING GROUND for NSP because it has three elements: first, MP was a better training ground to NSP as compared to AMK to WP back in GE2006. Because at least we have covered at least 3 times in one of the main constituency....i.e. Macpherson, along with an aggressive newspaper sales scheduled there and Geyland Serai.

Second, GCT is there. It is always better to use a large target board as training practice.

Last but not least, Tin PL.

I have told reporters and it was reported several times that NSP definitely has interests in contesting in MP.

But if WP is to insist to contest MP instead of MK, they have valid reasons to do so. Geographically, it is just next to Aljunied and East Coast; it would be easier for them to manage. From NSP's perspective, our main aim is to let our two scholars to contest in MK which at that point of time, it was their first choice. Though I thought that MP was actually a very attractive ground (up to the point that I was seriously considering contesting there if the scholars would contest in Tampines), but at party level, the strategy is to use MP as training ground for young candidates.

Thus personally, I feel that giving up our "training ground" in MP in exchange for MK would be appropriate. Of course, on hindsight, MP turns out to be a very good ground in the end.

I believe, in balancing the interests of both NSP and WP, letting WP to contest in MP would be the best move. Of course on hindsight, it is a blessing in disguise that NSP got to send Nicole to MP instead.

On hindsight, if WP has made the right move of contesting MP instead, it would have even higher chance of winning MP and EC together in next GE. The likelihood of MP having 3 corner fight would be almost zero. It is actually WP's strategic loss.

Now that NSP has performed well in MP, most likely NSP will continue to work on that ground. Even if WP wanted to contest in MP in next GE, it would most likely face 3 corner fight and the possibility of winning MP would be very very slim.

I would say that this is really unfortunate "karma" in action. When you thought you win all by elbowing into MK, you actually lose more in the long term.

Goh Meng Seng

here ram say here that Marine Parade was never GMS idea and rather have 3 corner figfht rather than face GCT???

You got your story wrong. GMS wanted Nicole & co. to stand in Moulmein-Kallang GRC for a 3-corner with WP for which LTK had declared sure to send a WP team there and GMS also declared NSP not giving in - if 3-corner it's to be, 3-corner be it. Nicole & co. steadfastly refused and chose Marine Parade GRC. Geographically still strategic since Mountbatten SMC straddles both M-K GRC and MP GRC. Nicole hit political capital lottery when her direct opponent at MacPherson division of MP GRC was TPL who kept scoring own goals. Before that, nobody knew that Nicole could become so popular.

where s the intergrity froim GMS and whos lying ???

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: No integrity Goh Meng Seng taking credit for Marine Parade when its not his idea?

Don't have to worry for him. His wife is a ranking princess in one of biggest triads in HK and by way of marriage, he's an honorary white fan. He flies bewteen Singapore, HK, Macau and Hainan more often than the average Singaporean takes taxi. His travel budget alone qualifies for priority banking. The sell-flat-for-election-deposit was a publicity stunt that I pulled for him, that I can and have to confess by now. He wanted to sell his flat anyway since he has too many properties to manage. He wasn't even living therein. His flat was rented out but the tenant kept causing problem not worth the rental, so might as well sell it.

here ram again sexpose that he didnt sell his gflat for his party but for himself...

if he is really a big time $$$ sponsor of NSP, why force to quit after GE ???

why does Nicole have to get online donation ???

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: No integrity Goh Meng Seng taking credit for Marine Parade when its not his idea?

Now he has to pull Sebastian in too. Sebastian was never interested in MacPherson or Marine Parade. RP defectors joined NSP hardly a month before GE, how could Sebastian or GMS have enough time to for it as their "training ground"? Have they even got time to train their new candidates at all? Are they even qualified to train their new candidates? This slate just walked in and returned the best results in NSP history.

Can't stand GMS whenever he says he can train politicians. Get back to army, please, captain.

Sebastian has always been interested in Kg. Glam (division of Jln. Besar, now Moulmein-Kallang), not MacPherson (division of Marine Parade). Why not use M-K divisions as training grounds? Why use Marine Parade divisions and then complain that WP insisted on M-K over MP? Self-contraditory, isn't it?

I live in M-K and am a WP member and know some NSP members. NSP did came around M-K. However, it's no match for what WP did here.

LTK strategies are bad = 6 MPs + 2 NCMPs. GMS strategies are good = 0. Trouble is, Captain Madcow is still insisting that he's the best strategist.

Last edited:

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal

Now he has to pull Sebastian in too. Sebastian was never interested in MacPherson or Marine Parade. RP defectors joined NSP hardly a month before GE, how could Sebastian or GMS have enough time to for it as their "training ground"? Have they even got time to train their new candidates at all? Are they even qualified to train their new candidates? This slate just walked in and returned the best results in NSP history.

Can't stand GMS whenever he says he can train politicians. Get back to army, please, captain.

Sebastian has always been interested in Kg. Glam (division of Jln. Besar, now Moulmein-Kallang), not MacPherson (division of Marine Parade). Why not use M-K divisions as training grounds? Why use Marine Parade divisions and then complain that WP insisted on M-K over MP? Self-contraditory, isn't it?

I live in M-K and am a WP member and know some NSP members. NSP did came around M-K. However, it's no match for what WP did here.

LTK strategies are bad = 6 MPs + 2 NCMPs. GMS strategies are good = 0. Trouble is, Captain Madcow is still insisting that he's the best strategist.

I hope Temasek Times publish your expose of Captain Madcow integrity and hypocrisy...

why didnt you expose him in the original thread??/

http://singsupplies.com/showthread....aw-Shin-Leong-to-contest-in-Tampines&p=883355

he still say

Basically, Marine Parade is our "hidden card". Sebastian has spent lots of effort in cultivating Macpherson when it was a SMC, knocking three rounds of doors.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

Seems that you are going through the process of turning into insect also?

You aren't even NSP member and you actually know what's our plan? LOL!

Yes, WP's best strategy and end up with Yaw-gate as well as plagiarism-gate... ooops!

I have already suggested to WP to send its team to Marine Parade. If it put its 4 candidates plus the one in Pungol East together, it could well contest in Marine Parade without going into 3 corner fights with NSP and SDA. It is actually a win-win situation.

Sebastian has spent at least 4 years in Macpherson. Marine Parade's result is not totally unexpected at all. I have predicted the result to be 35% to 40%, anything above 40% is a bonus. This is what I told the NSP Marine Parade team. It doesn't need a genius to come to that conclusion if you are really on the ground.

Well, alas, there are just people who only believe in the GCT-popularity Myth and didn't dare to contest in Marine Parade. WP didn't even want to consider although strategically, Marine Parade is just NEXT DOOR to Aljunied and East Coast. Well, cannot blame them because they only have one dimensional thought process. They don't believe their own feel on the ground but the myth about GCT's popularity.

To be fair to WP, not all people in NSP believe we can make history in Marine Parade as well. Some cannot believe that it could score so well; they actually expected it to be the lowest scoring GRC in NSP.

Goh Meng Seng

Z

Zombie

I have already suggested to WP to send its team to Marine Parade. If it put its 4 candidates plus the one in Pungol East together, it could well contest in Marine Parade without going into 3 corner fights with NSP and SDA. It is actually a win-win situation.

yes, everyone knows how much you love WP.. :eek::biggrin:

Tualan

Alfrescian
Loyal

GMS , stop talking big if you can't win a election. How to be capable if you can't even win one election ? Need to say more ?

Wildfire

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear Meng Seng,

Come quick ... sniff mine ....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FTqFyH8itN4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I hope Temasek Times publish your expose of Captain Madcow integrity and hypocrisy...

why didnt you expose him in the original thread??/

http://singsupplies.com/showthread....aw-Shin-Leong-to-contest-in-Tampines&p=883355

he still say

Sebastian has spent at least 4 years in Macpherson. Marine Parade's result is not totally unexpected at all. I have predicted the result to be 35% to 40%, anything above 40% is a bonus. This is what I told the NSP Marine Parade team. It doesn't need a genius to come to that conclusion if you are really on the ground.

The last time MacPherson was an SMC was when CSJ of SDP contested it in GE 1997. How many years ago was that? Please count for yourself. Sebastian was hell bent in 1997 for Kg. Glam when it was an SMC. Kg. Glam included Beach Road and Golden Mile, my playground. If I didn't know, who knew?

You were still trying to get into Cheng San CCC in 1997, not even knowing anything about WP or NSP, my dear disgruntled Cheng San voter, remember?

If Sebastian had spent the past 4 years working MacPherson grounds rounds after rounds, why hasn't he contest there in GE 2011? No threat of 3-corner at all, WP wasn't interested. Why are you asking for WP to contest there and complaining that WP hasn't chosen to contest there?

Your self-contradiction, permutation of mathematical or technicality impossibility, is so self-manifest that nobody needs to prove anything against you.

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

The last time MacPherson was an SMC was when CSJ of SDP contested it in GE 1997. How many years ago was that? Please count for yourself. Sebastian was hell bent in 1997 for Kg. Glam when it was an SMC. Kg. Glam included Beach Road and Golden Mile, my playground. If I didn't know, who knew?

You were still trying to get into Cheng San CCC in 1997, not even knowing anything about WP or NSP, my dear disgruntled Cheng San voter, remember?

If Sebastian had spent the past 4 years working MacPherson grounds rounds after rounds, why hasn't he contest there in GE 2011? No threat of 3-corner at all, WP wasn't interested. Why are you asking for WP to contest there and complaining that WP hasn't chosen to contest there?

Your self-contradiction, permutation of mathematical or technicality impossibility, is so self-manifest that nobody needs to prove anything against you.

I probably can attest that he did indeed speak about MP privately to some people and this being so it is plausible to be his idea.

But it is a credit that has been made bigger than it is. If it a victory, it is a hollow victory. I do not know how to put it in better words but a loss and no NCMP will not be remembered by many. In additional it was by chance that they had a Tin Pei Ling in the team who started on the wrong footing. I could turn around and say that despite the national backlash against TPL and the publicity by the press for Nicole, the NSP team scored only 42%, lower than Joo Chiat and East Coast which did not have the same publicity and easy meat. Not that I even agree with what I said, but all this sounds like Dr Chee claiming credit for the 13% swing SDP enjoyed when we know the truth (I am stating an example, not that CSJ said that).

In the end, bros got in right that politics is largely about winning. If Hougang is won back by WP despite "Yawgate" and a drop in %, it's still an affirmation and then "Yawgate" repeats and reminders will still ring hollow. To some people against WP, it's an unfair world, maybe so. So what? Look for something else to do then.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Not that I even agree with what I said, but all this sounds like Dr Chee claiming credit for the 13% swing SDP enjoyed when we know the truth (I am stating an example, not that CSJ said that).

Well said. Even CSJ didn't claim a note of credit or so-called strategizing to the massive swing to SDP, the best ever since CSJ took over SDP, must less trying to strategize for other parties, blaming other parties etc. Also, he didn't get removed as Sec-Gen by his new shining newbie stars.

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well said. Even CSJ didn't claim a note of credit or so-called strategizing to the massive swing to SDP, the best ever since CSJ took over SDP

If he did, I would have puked. We know how he led SDP that went from 40% to 20% in the first place. Alex Tan claimed credit for AMK despite a 6% nationwide swing, they only got 3% less. If I could come up with a rejoinder, it would be that AMK was the only downturn swing for the opposition. There is no end to this. I can produce more of this shit:

Hougang
P: 2% increase with a new chap
C: Only 2% increase despite the 6% swing

Aljunied
P: Won
C: Only marginal win despite having such strong team

Sembawang
P: Largest swing
C: The starting base of 23% in 2006 was the lowest, of course swing is higher

Bishan TP
P: Good result against 2 ministers
C: Lost despite Chiam and scholars in the team

Last edited:

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goh Meng Seng

he last time MacPherson was an SMC was when CSJ of SDP contested it in GE 1997. How many years ago was that? Please count for yourself. Sebastian was hell bent in 1997 for Kg. Glam when it was an SMC. Kg. Glam included Beach Road and Golden Mile, my playground. If I didn't know, who knew?

I dunno who is correct here.... if GMS is correct I will take back the no integrity label about him

but to be fair MacPherson was still a SMC b4 the last GE.,.,
but it is unlikely that Sebas would gift Nicole the place if he spend so much time there....
who goto CCK and not stay in MP himself... and let Nicole goto CCK since the whole ex RP gang is in CCK???

NSP have no pressence in CCK ... even steve Chia himself have no pressence since he vow to retire there....

the whole thing just stink...

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

MacPherson was Marine Parade GRC division until 1996 CSJ challenge to GCT and Matthias Yao to draw back to SMC. They agreed.

GE 1997 : MY (PAP) beat CSJ (SDP)

GE 2001 : MY (PAP) beat Tan Soo Phuan (DPP)

GE 2006 : MY (PAP) beat Sin Khek Tong (SDA)

GE 2011 : Redrawn back into Marine Parade GRC

Do you see NSP or Sebastian in any of the above? Any more question?

Last edited:

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal

MacPherson was Marine Parade GRC division until 1996 CSJ challenge to GCT and Matthias Yao to draw back to SMC. They agreed.

GE 1997 : MY (PAP) beat CSJ (SDP)

GE 2001 : MY (PAP) beat Tan Soo Phuan (DPP)

GE 2006 : MY (PAP) beat Sin Khek Tong (SDA)

GE 2011 : Redrawn back into Marine Parade GRC

Do you see NSP or Sebastian in any of the above? Any more question?

I will wait for GMS to reply since I am no insider

Z

Zombie

http://www.straitstimes.com/GeneralElection/News/Story/STIStory_640087.html
FEB 25, 2011
Opposition accuses PAP of gerrymandering
By Kor Kian Beng & Tessa Wong

National Solidarity Party (NSP) president Sebastian Teo said it had lost three potential battlegrounds in MacPherson, Yio Chu Kang and Nee Soon Central SMCs, all of which have disappeared from the map. Mr Teo said he had been working the ground in MacPherson since 2008. It has been absorbed into Marine Parade GRC.

Sebastian was not interested in MP GRC in the first place.

Else it makes no sense to say that NSP had lost the potential battleground in Macpherson, when it becomes a part of a bigger potential battleground (ie MP GRC).

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://www.straitstimes.com/GeneralElection/News/Story/STIStory_640087.html
FEB 25, 2011
Opposition accuses PAP of gerrymandering
By Kor Kian Beng & Tessa Wong

Sebastian was not interested in MP GRC in the first place.

Else it makes no sense to say that NSP had lost the potential battleground in Macpherson, when it becomes a part of a bigger potential battleground (ie MP GRC).

Sebastian also said Nee Soon Central is NSP's turf when WP last contested there in 2006. I lost trust in this chap since just before GE2011.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well, alas, there are just people who only believe in the GCT-popularity Myth and didn't dare to contest in Marine Parade. WP didn't even want to consider although strategically, Marine Parade is just NEXT DOOR to Aljunied and East Coast. Well, cannot blame them because they only have one dimensional thought process. They don't believe their own feel on the ground but the myth about GCT's popularity.

To be fair to WP, not all people in NSP believe we can make history in Marine Parade as well. Some cannot believe that it could score so well; they actually expected it to be the lowest scoring GRC in NSP.

Goh Meng Seng

Meng Seng

What do you think you've achieved in Marine Parade?

NSP's results at MP were decent considering that you were up against SM Goh. NSP and you should be applauded for courage and for giving MP residents a choice. I think there're a lot of people out there who would agree with the effort (NSP and you) in the last GE.

But effort is one thing. In terms of quantifiable outcomes, what do you have to show? None -- You didn't win a single seat. That's a fact which does not require/allow any other interpretations. Politics and elections may not be all about winning, gaining power is. Somewhere down the road, you've to win in an elections in order to gain power, and winning in an election is the first step, not enough for you to gain power.

Right now. You have none. That's another fact.

Last edited:

Tualan

Alfrescian
Loyal

That's way GMS tried to win by talking big since he has no ability to win any election. He still has the cheek to criticise WP, what a shame ! But does he know what is shame ?

Last edited:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sebastian also said Nee Soon Central is NSP's turf when WP last contested there in 2006. I lost trust in this chap since just before GE2011.

He has a valid claim. Cheo Chai Chen was an elected MP of Nee Soon Central and he was a member of the NSP.