• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious No future for property agents as homeowners and buyers go DIY, huat ah!

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am confused. i thought property transactions have to be brokered by a licensed property agent? since when can sinkies perform direct buying and selling of property?

look at this article:
http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...conducting-estate-agency-work-without-licence

"It added that under the Estate Agents Act, it is an offence for someone to act as an estate agent or salesperson in any property transaction without first being licensed or registered with CEA."

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am confused. i thought property transactions have to be brokered by a licensed property agent? since when can sinkies perform direct buying and selling of property?

look at this article:
http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...conducting-estate-agency-work-without-licence

"It added that under the Estate Agents Act, it is an offence for someone to act as an estate agent or salesperson in any property transaction without first being licensed or registered with CEA."

It means acting as a third-party, i.e. acting in the interests of buyer or seller. Owner ownself sell, with no commission gained, no problem. One can't be a facilitator of any capacity in a real-estate deal without a license. But owner ownself sell is acting in own interest and not brokering a deal between two parties, (i.e. an agent) and therefore not entitled to a commission, buyer also no need to pay commission when buying from owner direct.